Ti Cat Coaches & Players

iso_55

A little too exuberant last night handing it to the Lions? Especially Reinebold. Jumping up & down laughing on the sidelines. Carrying on like he won the Grey Cup. The Ti Cat players & coaches were really enjoying themselves on the sidelines. Was it a bit much? Not very classy? Okay to be that way? This is a team on a roll at home undefeated but only 2-2 on the road. Curious as to what everyone thinks.

Have you satisfied your curiousity?

People have opinions. I wanted to read them.

Opinion - the Argo receivers celebrating every single catch like they caught a TD in the superbowl is far more ridiculous than anything the Ticats are doing.  And it's an opinion I had prior to the weekend's game.

One of my biggest pet peeves regardless of team.

The other? Defensive players showboating after making a tackle when the offensive player makes big yards. Ridiculous. Get up, line up and make sure he doesn't do it again. 

In the days of Swaggerville nobody seem to mind  so much. That team was with us in 2012 as cellar dwellers. Where we have gone merrily on our way mucking in the dirt they have picked their boot straps and have become possibly the best team. Like everything else you don't become the best by just showing up at practice. You have to work hard at it and with Austin take a lot of crap.

Let them enjoy their day in the sun. We're next.

Edited to correct year from 1992 to 2012

I won't begrudge Hamilton their arrogance or their success.  This was an organization that was a doormat for years .. but year after year .. their fans came out .. supported an abysmal team in the dump at Ivor Wynne.   It took that franchise the better part of a decade but they've built a culture (around this coach and that team) of winning .. they expect to win week in week out .. to impose their will on their opponents .. good on the Cats.

I can not help but agree with your comments. Maybe one day the Bombers will get that culture back.

In the days of Swaggerville nobody seem to mind  so much. That team was with us in 1992 as cellar dwellers. Where we have gone merrily on our way mucking in the dirt they have picked their boot straps and have become possibly the best team. Like everything else you don't become the best by just showing up at practice. You have to work hard at it and with Austin take a lot of crap.

I confess some confusion here on my part.  That team was with us in 1992 - tied for first in the east at 11-7.  And there was two separate paths taken, as we went 14-4 and 13-5 in the seasons that followed, while they were a combined 10-26.  Perhaps I am reading your post incorrectly.  The picking up of their bootstraps included a 1-17 season.

Nonetheless, while the Ticats are in the midst of an upswing, and good on them for it, the idea that this is the franchise we should model the Bombers after is laughable to me.  It is the one franchise that hands down over the last 25 years has been worse than us.

In the days of Swaggerville nobody seem to mind  so much. That team was with us in 1992 as cellar dwellers. Where we have gone merrily on our way mucking in the dirt they have picked their boot straps and have become possibly the best team. Like everything else you don't become the best by just showing up at practice. You have to work hard at it and with Austin take a lot of crap.

I confess some confusion here on my part.  That team was with us in 1992 - tied for first in the east at 11-7.  And there was two separate paths taken, as we went 14-4 and 13-5 in the seasons that followed, while they were a combined 10-26.  Perhaps I am reading your post incorrectly.  The picking up of their bootstraps included a 1-17 season.

Nonetheless, while the Ticats are in the midst of an upswing, and good on them for it, the idea that this is the franchise we should model the Bombers after is laughable to me.  It is the one franchise that hands down over the last 25 years has been worse than us.

Sorry, I meant we were both at 6-12 in 2012. 

I won't begrudge Hamilton their arrogance or their success.  This was an organization that was a doormat for years .. but year after year .. their fans came out .. supported an abysmal team in the dump at Ivor Wynne.   It took that franchise the better part of a decade but they've built a culture (around this coach and that team) of winning .. they expect to win week in week out .. to impose their will on their opponents .. good on the Cats.

The real "best fans" in the CFL.

Doesn't every team have the best fans?

Not a big fan of the team I cheer for being too cocky, its just bad karma. Feeling good and having fun out there is a good thing. Being confident also a good thing. Ticat's haven't won anything yet. We suffered 2 years in a row defeats in the big game which lead us into the disaster of 2011. Sorry but put me in the not scared of Hamilton category. Getting to the big one and winning it are two different things. It could very well be their year this year, never know. Or they choke for third straight year.

Not a big fan of the team I cheer for being too cocky, its just bad karma. Feeling good and having fun out there is a good thing. Being confident also a good thing. Ticat's haven't won anything yet. We suffered 2 years in a row defeats in the big game which lead us into the disaster of 2011. Sorry but put me in the not scared of Hamilton category. Getting to the big one and winning it are two different things. It could very well be their year this year, never know. Or they choke for third straight year.

I honestly think Hamilton got robbed in the Grey Cup in 2014.  That holding call that brought back the punt return was weak at best.  But of course, I really am not a fan of either team so it didn't matter to me much either way.

Watching Nenshi on the podium at BC Place whooping it up with the Cup all I could think was "why don't you build the team a new facility if you are such a fan?"

I honestly think Hamilton got robbed in the Grey Cup in 2014.  That holding call that brought back the punt return was weak at best.  But of course, I really am not a fan of either team so it didn't matter to me much either way.

Watching Nenshi on the podium at BC Place whooping it up with the Cup all I could think was "why don't you build the team a new facility if you are such a fan?"

We have all been robbed though. That's what I'm saying, it dam hard to close out the deal, any little thing can be the difference between winning and losing. 2007 Bombers went into the cup without a starting qb. What about our 13th man loss to the Allouetes after they had missed the field goal? It happens to everyone at one time or another. The Ticat's are a good team in a weak division, nothing more IMO.

We have all been robbed though. That's what I'm saying, it dam hard to close out the deal, any little thing can be the difference between winning and losing. 2007 Bombers went into the cup without a starting qb. What about our 13th man loss to the Allouetes after they had missed the field goal? It happens to everyone at one time or another. The Ticat's are a good team in a weak division, nothing more IMO.

You weren't robbed in the 13th man loss.  That was a legitimate screw-up and the correct call was made on the field.  You can't hang that one on the refs, it was coaching stupidity and lack of awareness.

You weren't robbed in the 13th man loss.  That was a legitimate screw-up and the correct call was made on the field.  You can't hang that one on the refs, it was coaching stupidity and lack of awareness.

You don't think the illegal block call was a legit call? It definitely was. NTM there was still enough time on the clock for them to win it, they didn't close the deal.  That's my 2 cents anyway.

You don't think the illegal block call was a legit call? It definitely was. NTM there was still enough time on the clock for them to win it, they didn't close the deal.  That's my 2 cents anyway.

Honestly, I don't remember the call you are talking about as I don't really care.  All I know is the Riders lost, and it couldn't have happened to a better bunch of fans. :)

Nenshi, living here in Calgary... can't stand the guy.

Went to school with him and got to know him, and never knew him to be a sports fan.  Which is why when he was holding the cup on center stage I had to think it was all about politics and not about actually being a fan.  But who knows.  I'd like to see him work to help out the Flames and Stamps with better infrastructure, since Edmonton is getting a new arena.  Mcmahon is rapidly becoming the shittiest stadium in Canada, and will win the title as soon as Regina's stadium is done.

Went to school with him and got to know him, and never knew him to be a sports fan.  Which is why when he was holding the cup on center stage I had to think it was all about politics and not about actually being a fan.  But who knows.  I'd like to see him work to help out the Flames and Stamps with better infrastructure, since Edmonton is getting a new arena.  Mcmahon is rapidly becoming the shittiest stadium in Canada, and will win the title as soon as Regina's stadium is done.

We'll know more tomorrow about that, apparently......big announcement about the proposed new facility (joint Flames/Stamps project) tomorrow...

He's dead set against giving any civic money to the project. But okay with blue rings & overpriced pedestrian bridges because they're works of art.

We'll know more tomorrow about that, apparently......big announcement about the proposed new facility (joint Flames/Stamps project) tomorrow...

Ok great.  I didn't know.  I will eat my words if Naheed comes through with some funding.  That is one thing he is really good at, rallying people around a cause and getting them excited.

Honestly, I don't remember the call you are talking about as I don't really care.  All I know is the Riders lost, and it couldn't have happened to a better bunch of fans. :)

It was a legit call & there was at least 1 more illegal block or hold downfield as well that wasn't called. #crybabybanks

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnnnext/dam/assets/120106042340-sot-news-to-me-leave-britney-alone-chris-crocker-00002820-horizontal-gallery.jpg  

When I said robbed I meant the fans get robbed. The call was legit, its the fans that die a quick and painful death. The team was robbed of nothing, You either win or you lose on the field. The fans suffer crushing defeats a lot more than the players. I know many wouldn't agree with that but think about it. If you are a lifelong fan of the team, you've been there for many of these moments with your team. The players experience them individually not as a collection of events over a many year period the way the fans do. Been a while since the Cats won the cup, I know those fans suffered through that loss and I'm not going to make fun of it. I know how that feels. The Cats are definitely a contender this year. If they fall short of a grey cup birth it will be viewed by some as a step backwards.

I get so pissed off when people talk about how the TiCats should've/could've won that game "if not for the holding call bringing it back!"....completely ignoring the fact that the only reason he was able to break the run was because of the holding call(s)!! I hate me some Stamps (and more importantly their fans) but they deserved that game...

Ultimately it will come down to what happens at the end of the season... if Hammy can get it done this year we'll all say "well they had the right to be confident".... if they falter like 2011 Swaggerville everyone will be lining up to rub it in their faces...

You went to school? Wow, didn't see that coming.

Couldn't resist, sorry, carry on :-)

Stamps deserved to win. Shut down HAM's offense for most of the game esp. in the red zone. Defense wins championships. Lesson wasnt lost on Austin - HAM's red zone production is up and defense improved.

The other thing the Cats are doing this year is not let teams hang around. Put them out early and hit them hard. That might be the biggest difference I see in the Cats. They are meaner. Losing builds character and it builds desire.