Trevor Harris

iso_55

I don't believe Ray will be able to do anything significant this season anyway. He's coming back from pretty much the worst injury for a QB other than being decapitated. I can't think of any QB who's returned from a torn labrum/rotator cuff and been able to play well within a calendar year. Usually ends careers. If the Argos get a good offer during this season they'd be crazy not to take it.

I heard Ray was throwing 45 yard bombs in practice a few weeks ago.

I don't believe Ray will be able to do anything significant this season anyway. He's coming back from pretty much the worst injury for a QB other than being decapitated. I can't think of any QB who's returned from a torn labrum/rotator cuff and been able to play well within a calendar year. Usually ends careers. If the Argos get a good offer during this season they'd be crazy not to take it.

they don't look like bombs. but he plays 40 yard games of toss. 

i'm no doctor (but i play one with my girlfriends), but i reckon about 4 weeks. he looks great otherwise, very fit (for him).

I'm sure he was.  I'd like to see how accurate he can be with a 300 lb monster coming full speed at him along with how his shoulder holds up after contact and weeks of throwing 1000 balls a week.

I'm sure he was. I'd like to see how accurate he can be with a 300 lb monster coming full speed at him along with how his shoulder holds up after contact and weeks of throwing 1000 balls a week.

I highly doubt QBs throw 1000 passes per week.

they don't look like bombs. but he plays 40 games of toss. 

i'm no doctor (but i play one with my girlfriends), but i reckon about 4 weeks. he looks great otherwise, very fit (for him).

You the nurse?

I'm sure he was. I'd like to see how accurate he can be with a 300 lb monster coming full speed at him along with how his shoulder holds up after contact and weeks of throwing 1000 balls a week.

You ever see a time where a QB goes 5 minutes at a football practice without throwing a ball?

3-4 practices a week plus game with warmups for all.  Easily throwing 200 balls a day.

You ever see a time where a QB goes 5 minutes at a football practice without throwing a ball?

3-4 practices a week plus game with warmups for all.  Easily throwing 200 balls a day.

Absolutely true. 

they don't look like bombs. but he plays 40 games of toss. 

We keep telling you that 16 and 17 year old girls aren't legal yet.

Lost in all of this is the fact that Ray pulls down close to 500k a season. That contract does not allow any team to sit him on the bench counting against the cap. The smart move for Toronto is to move Ray and his contract when he is healthy and use some of the cap savings to get Harris to extend a few years and maybe add a quality player or two at the NFL cuts.

That is, of course, predicating on him being healthy enough to play which is no slam dunk. As JBR says, a torn rotator cuff is no joke. It takes a lot of time to regain strength and cannot be rushed. Him throwing 40 yards in practice means literally nothing. Good throwing mechanics and proper footing take a lot of stress off the shoulder. It`s when he needs to rely on arm strength alone that the degree of his injury will be really noticed.

I know, I tore mine a few years back. I could throw leisurely and as long as I was well planted the arm strength was there. Anytime I was off balance or trying to release quickly is when the shoulder turned to mush and you would lose ALL power and get devastating pain when throwing. Couldn`t throw a football 10 on just arm strength.