Does Burke Last the Year?

There's no point in firing Burke now (although he certainly deserves it). Wait out the year and clean house.

Walters is getting a tryout - let's see what players he can bring in.

Agreed in hindsight maybe Burke should have been the first to go but its a bit late now.

There's no point in firing Burke now (although he certainly deserves it). Wait out the year and clean house.

Walters is getting a tryout - let's see what players he can bring in.

Agreed in hindsight maybe Burke should have been the first to go but its a bit late now.

The problem is that no GM gets to fire 2 head coaches within a year, that's a terrible indictment of their ability to put a head man in place. Now that they hit the nuke button though finish the job, clear out all the trash. 

I don't care about 2013.  2013 is finished and dead, we're not getting better, we're not making the playoffs, we're certainly not winning a Grey Cup.  The best I'm hoping for right now is that the Bombers stop embarrassing themselves and compete a little bit.

The only thing that matters now is making the right hires for 2014.

If the right coaching staff for 2014 is out there right now waiting to be hired, then by all means fire everyone and hire the new people in.  I kinda doubt that's the case right now, though.

On the other hand, if that coaching staff isn't out there right now, then we need to just leave Burke in there until the best possible replacements can be recruited.

A panicky midseason coaching change is (part of) what got us into this shitshow to begin with.

So we will be interviewing GMs on the down low. Maybe Walter's will be out doing interviews for his replacement. He can bust his ass for someone else to send him packing too. I get it.

Actually, you obviously don't get it since my post was about Miller.  

Miller starts with an 'M', Walters starts with a 'W'... I mean I can see how you might mix that up but maybe just read a bit slower next time...

So that means Miller & Walters are here to stay then. Miller, I'm okay  with. Walters I'm not.

Miller said that Walters will be a candidate for GM but if he hires someone else Walters will be remaining with the team so he isn't going anywhere.

So that means Miller & Walters are here to stay then. Miller, I'm okay  with. Walters I'm not.

Miller said that Walters will be a candidate for GM but if he hires someone else Walters will be remaining with the team so he isn't going anywhere.

I'm okay with Walters as an Asst GM but that's it.

So, why is an interim President who may only be here for the next 3 months interfering in the process? Where does Miller get off saying that no matter what, Walters stays??? What if a new GM wants to bring in his own assistant? He'll be handcuffed. Then what? That's why I think the impression that the Bombers will be doing an actual search for a President & GM is bogus. They've got their guys now. Miller will become the permanent President & Walters the permanent GM. Decision's been made. Just the Bombers don't dare tell the fanbase yet because of the backlash.

Am I saying this is a conspiracy theory? Sure. After the last few years, I think most people in the Bomber organization are trying their best to cover their asses. And I have no reason to trust them & believe anything they say to be true anymore.

So, why is an interim President who may only be here for the next 3 months interfering in the process? Where does Miller get off saying that no matter what, Walters stays??? What if a new GM wants to bring in his own assistant? He'll be handcuffed. Then what? That's why I think the impression that the Bombers will be doing an actual search for a President & GM is bogus. They've got their guys now. Miller will become the permanent President & Walters the permanent GM. Decision's been made. Just the Bombers don't dare tell the fanbase yet because of the backlash.

In the world of Iso.

What's it like being so angry and bitter all the time?

In the world of Iso.

He's had 23 years to perfect it.

So, why is an interim President who may only be here for the next 3 months interfering in the process? Where does Miller get off saying that no matter what, Walters stays??? Whart if a new GM wants to bring in his own assistant? He'll be handcuffed. Then what? That's why I think the impression that the Bombers will be doing an actual search for a President & GM is bogus. They've got their guys now. Miller will become the permanent President & Walters the permanent GM. Decision's been made. Just the Bombers don't dare tell the fanbase yet because of the backlash.

In the world of Iso.

im guessing the exact oposite of me, lol

In the world of Iso.

Ah Mike, Mike, Mike. Go suck it, bro. You've told us you hate Burke a hundred times so go check your navel in a mirror. Give us another Burke update, pal. Tell us how you really feel. People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

In the world of Iso.

He's had 23 years to perfect it.

Yep. I remember a time when the Bombers were feared & we were the class of the CFL. Before Mike was born. At least I SAW the last time the Bombers won a Grey Cup live. That was a friggin' long time ago.

What if a new GM wants to bring in his own assistant? 

How often has that happened in the past 10 years (any CFL team)?

I'd say ALL of the time. Why would a GM work closely with someone he doesn't know or like? And he does all the hirings when it comes to football ops.

So, why is an interim President who may only be here for the next 3 months interfering in the process? Where does Miller get off saying that no matter what, Walters stays??? Whart if a new GM wants to bring in his own assistant? He'll be handcuffed. Then what? That's why I think the impression that the Bombers will be doing an actual search for a President & GM is bogus. They've got their guys now. Miller will become the permanent President & Walters the permanent GM. Decision's been made. Just the Bombers don't dare tell the fanbase yet because of the backlash.

In the world of Iso.

Excuse me & how do I know you aren't some serial killer. ;)

I will say this... in my life experiences  whenever myself (or coworkers) had no respect for the boss.... our productivity was absolute rock bottom and the sheer lazyness and going through the motions was through the roof.    I believe it's the same as with what is happening to the Blue with Burke.    I think they have mentally checked right out....  they did the same to LaPolice since he was essentially nearly as bad as Burke.   

Burke will never command the respect from a complete team,   unless he does a 180 and actually acts like a leader and gains the respect of his players.... the team simply just won't play hard for him at all.    All of the evidence is showing that this is the case.  

Burke really s hould get a demotion.....

In the world of Iso.

i guess you'll just have to trust me, muaahaaahaaaaa!

In the world of Iso.

I know ya from here & OB.com so I think you're okay. I just won't turn my back  on you. ;)

In the world of Iso.

I know ya from here & OB.com so I think you're okay. I just won't turn my back on you. ;)

fair enough.. but at your age.. you wont stay awake all day, lolol

What if a new GM wants to bring in his own assistant?

How often has that happened in the past 10 years (any CFL team)?

I'd say ALL of the time. Why would a GM work closely with someone he doesn't know or like? And he does all the hirings when it comes to football ops.

When Hufnagel was hired by the Stamps he kept Barker. When Barker took over as GM of the Argos I don't recall a big purge (a couple scouts let go iirc). Football operations staff in Hamilton didn't change with Austin being hired from what I can see. Hodgkinson was Asst GM for Taman, Kelly and Mack. Hervey didn't bring in anyone new.

If after some time has gone by if the new GM thinks they don't work well together I doubt his hands would be tied then.

So, where do you think Burke will end up as DC next year? Really doubt he will stay with the Bombers. Edmonton maybe?

The cycle for Bomber head coaches goes -> co-ordinator, head coach, tsn analyst, coordinator.

Lapo won't be getting a cheque from the Bombers next year but Burke will, so Lapo will start coaching again and Burke will take his place on TSN. :)

So, where do you think Burke will end up as DC next year? Really doubt he will stay with the Bombers. Edmonton maybe?

The cycle for Bomber head coaches goes -> co-ordinator, head coach, tsn analyst, coordinator.

Lapo won't be getting a cheque from the Bombers next year but Burke will, so Lapo will start coaching again and Burke will take his place on TSN. :)

Good theory. I like it!

There's nothing like an analyst with a deadpan delivery who has to be prodded to give an answer.

The best part is he only has to draw xx's on the chalkboard, seeing as he has no knowledge of offence.

He can also take Buck with him to explain blitzes.

:)