Does Burke Last the Year?

I don't think defense is the Eskimo's biggest problem so Marshall will keep his job in Edmonton. Other than that, if no DC is hired to be a HC I can't see Burke getting hired in that capacity anywhere. Besides, the Bombers will be giving him $$ to put his feet up for a couple of years. I'm sure he'll be chillin' while picking up a free paycheque.

I don't think defense is the Eskimo's biggest problem so Marshall will keep his job in Edmonton. Other than that, if no DC is hired to be a HC I can't see Burke getting hired in that capacity anywhere. Besides, the Bombers will be giving him $$ to put his feet up for a couple of years. I'm sure he'll be chillin' while picking up a free paycheque.

They're like dead last in every defensive category and you don't think that's their biggest problem? Their D is worse than ours.

They're like dead last in every defensive category and you don't think that's their biggest problem? Their D is worse than ours.

I just don't see Marshall going anywhere.

I just don't see Marshall going anywhere.

I have to admit, I just don't get your line of thinking on this one.

Edmonton is 1-7, you've been bashing Mack all year for not trying harder to lock up Reilly and you don't think Edmonton's defense is the problem.

If you like Reilly and you don't think the defense is the biggest problem ... what exactly do you think is causing them to be 1-7?

Mark Nelson seems to be a very, very good defensive coordinator but he never lasts long anywhere he goes. In some places, he got less than a season to do his thing & was fired. Seems to me he's as good as anyone in the CFL now. I wonder why he can't stay in one place very long?

Mark Nelson seems to be a very, very good defensive coordinator but he never lasts long anywhere he goes. In some places, he got less than a season to do his thing & was fired. Seems to me he's as good as anyone in the CFL now. I wonder why he can't stay in one place very long?

He's clearly connected to Mike Kelly, so I'm thinking they have similar personalities. Both idiots...assholes....that's my guess.

He's clearly connected to Mike Kelly, so I'm thinking they have similar personalities. Both idiots...assholes....that's my guess.

You're trying too hard.

No point in letting Burke go now, even though every coach should be let go, especially Burke and Creehan. (exception Bellefueille obviously for now)

I really hope that Wade makes the right decision and cleans house, hires a new G.M and allows that G.M to start from scratch.

You're trying too hard.

He was in Edmonton a couple of years ago as well & in Montreal now as a consultant for Noel Thorpe the DC in Montreal.

Anyone that's friends with Kelly, I want no part of, and it makes sense why he'd bounce around (people don't like him...)

Yeah, that's a bit of a stretch dude. Can't due the guilt by association thing. 

I'm just saying there seems to be more proof to back it up...with the bouncing around from org to org......maybe he's an ******* personality, as with Kelly, and nobody likes him?? I'm not saying "for sure!!"....just "maybe?" ....

Yup Mark Nelson would be fine by me.

I have no idea his personality but during the Kelly sh!tshow, Nelson seemed pretty "under the radar" and professional.

Burke cant be fired now.  He's literally the only decent defensive mind we have.  The firing of Lapolice had greater impacts than the obvious.  It also robbed us of a great DC

The guy that was really under the radar was Rick Campbell. Nelson had been out of the cfl for along time and Campbell got Nelson back up to speed.....both quality guys. Campbell would make a good HC some day. As with all defensive HC their challenge is access to a quality OC.