Post Game Interview MOS

Wish he'd been pressed to clarify his comments about changing the short week preparation for the team. He said something similar on CJOB post-game, about reigning the players in during a short practice week. Does he mean they were tired?

Think he let them get a little too confident in themselves

To me reigning in means he held them back, probably in hopes of not tiring them more on a short week.

On CJOB he said he wished he'd reigned them in a bit more during the prep week. So yes, as Jpan85 said, MOS is maybe saying he let them get carried away with overconfidence after the win in Sask.

I know this is hardly scientific but they looked flat during the pre-game warm-ups compared to TiCats, without much urgency in their step. Whenever I see that pre-game nonchalant-look, they always lose.

They lost the game before they stepped on the field. And at the point where JFG took that bonehead drive-stalling penalty for an illegal block, the chickens came home to roost.

Wish he'd been pressed to clarify his comments about changing the short week preparation for the team. He said something similar on CJOB post-game, about reigning the players in during a short practice week. Does he mean they were tired?

Think he let them get a little too confident in themselves

That`s how it came across in the post game show to me too. Think he allowed guys heads to get a bit too big and was too pleased with how practise went. 

Funny even with Broom in as our QB we still managed 26 points (although not sure how much was garbage time with the Cats big lead). Most nights at home that should get you a win. The D didn't stop Hamilton all night and the two picks didn't help. Not too much to be otomistic about on that side of the ball.

To me reigning in means he held them back, probably in hopes of not tiring them more on a short week.

On CJOB he said he wished he'd reigned them in a bit more during the prep week. So yes, as Jpan85 said, MOS is maybe saying he let them get carried away with overconfidence after the win in Sask.

I know this is hardly scientific but they looked flat during the pre-game warm-ups compared to TiCats, without much urgency in their step. Whenever I see that pre-game nonchalant-look, they always lose.

They lost the game before they stepped on the field. And at the point where JFG took that bonehead drive-stalling penalty for an illegal block, the chickens came home to roost.

Not sure I totally agree with your larger point but that was an egregiously stupid play and highly costly.  

"You believe it was 976 yards... *laughs*... sorry what was the question" LOL

He was obviously embarrassed and rightly so. This is his way of dealing with the embarrassing truth. He much contrition do you need? He said the D will improve and they will take all necessary steps. That is all.

"You believe it was 976 yards... *laughs*... sorry what was the question" LOL

He was obviously embarrassed and rightly so. This is his way of dealing with the embarrassing truth. He much contrition do you need? He said the D will improve and they will take all necessary steps. That is all.

I don't need anything more from him. I don't need my head coach to be contrite. I just thought it was funny.

"You believe it was 976 yards... *laughs*... sorry what was the question" LOL

I don't need anything more from him. I don't need my head coach to be contrite. I just thought it was funny.

We have SNL and the Comedy Network for humour. A coach who gets embarrassed at home like that by his indifferent players ought to be fuming.

What's being pissed prove? Yup they lost. So be it. It's one game. Maybe O'shea lit in to the team in the locker room where it belongs. Why do it In the media? Cuz the fans? Well pardon me here but **** the fans and what they think. These are the fans who get giddy after a win and want ppl fired after a loss. Like Paul Maurice said he could make you cry in the locker room. In public you don't throw ppl under the bus. That's Tim Burke ****

Who's calling for O'Shea to name names in public? He does need to show the fans that he is as upset by that pathetic performance as they are. Every team will lose games, but good teams that have playoff aspirations don't get their butts kicked up and down their home field and put up little or no resistance.

What's being pissed prove? Yup they lost. So be it. It's one game. Maybe O'shea lit in to the team in the locker room where it belongs. Why do it In the media? Cuz the fans? Well pardon me here but **** the fans and what they think. These are the fans who get giddy after a win and want ppl fired after a loss. Like Paul Maurice said he could make you cry in the locker room. In public you don't throw ppl under the bus. That's Tim Burke ****

Isn't this the same point people tried to use in regards to Kuale last year? It's obvious that O'Shea doesn't leave his players accountable. 

Where is Kuale this year? he's gone so obviously he was held accountable. 

The phrase "A day late and a dollar short comes to mind."  O'Shea, from where I sit, seems to be someone who places a whole lot of stock in loyalty.  He wants his players and coaches to be loyal to him, so he's loyal to his players.  Which would be fine, but where I sit, it really seems that he let's that get in the way of making the tough decisions that bosses have to make.  Loyalty is great, but wins are better.  For some reason, he really seems to have trouble figuring that out.

I find some people around here to be such hypocrites sometimes.  "OMG Burke sucks, all he does is throw his players under the bus I hate him"...."OMG O'Shea sucks, he never holds his players accountable and points out their mistakes to the media"...."OMG Burke sucks, he puts his junior players out on the field when they aren't even ready to play, why doesn't he play his veterans?"...."OMG O'Shea sucks, why is he putting out this old sorry QB?  Why doesn't he play his young guy to give him reps?".

I find some people around here to be such hypocrites sometimes.  "OMG Burke sucks, all he does is throw his players under the bus I hate him"...."OMG O'Shea sucks, he never holds his players accountable and points out their mistakes to the media"...."OMG Burke sucks, he puts his junior players out on the field when they aren't even ready to play, why doesn't he play his veterans?"...."OMG O'Shea sucks, why is he putting out this old sorry QB?  Why doesn't he play his young guy to give him reps?".

Burke did throw his players under the Bus and O'Shea never does both have good qualities as well however there is nothing wrong with pointing out their flaws it isn't being hypocritical...

I don't mind O'Shea but he does have annoying habits... I am not sure the organization made the correct player selections in many positions this year...LB being the most obvious.

Burke did throw his players under the Bus and O'Shea never does both have good qualities as well however there is nothing wrong with pointing out their flaws it isn't being hypocritical...

I don't mind O'Shea but he does have annoying habits he is Very Stubborn it seems....

I am not sure the organization made the correct player selections in many positions this year...LB being the most obvious.