2015 NHL Draft And Trade Rumours

Rich

Hefty price to pay but could potentially be a top-pairing d-man.  I like the deal for Calgary, especially with the uncertainly surrounding Giordano

"The Calgary Flames announced today that they have acquired defenceman Dougie Hamilton from the Boston Bruins in exchange for Calgary’s 2015 first round pick (15th overall) and two second round picks (45th overall and 52nd overall – previously acquired from the Washington Capitals)."

Boston Bruins         @NHLBruins

BREAKING: Bruins acquire 2015 1st round pick (#15) & two 2015 2nd round picks (#45 #52) from CGY for Dougie Hamilton: http://bbru.in/1JaooVq

Great return for Boston.

Whats the deal with Hamilton?  He doesnt want to play in Boston?  How's he going to like Calgary?

Great return for Boston? They got absolutley fleeced. They now have nothing to show from the Kessel trade (Seguin in Dallas, Hamilton in Calgary).

Unless they package those picks to move up in the draft, they just gave away a stud D-Man for nothing of immediate value, which is terrible.

Great return for Boston? They got absolutley fleeced. They now have nothing to show from the Kessel trade (Seguin in Dallas, Hamilton in Calgary).

Unless they package those picks to move up in the draft, they just gave away a stud D-Man for nothing of immediate value, which is terrible.

Boston is going downhill fast.

Whats Calgary's pick.

And yes, now that I recall, its a cap issue.  Sequin being a bad trade doesnt impact this trade.  If you judge a trade winner by who got the best player, Calgary wins.  Check back in 5 years though...

Boston doesn't have the cap hit he was going to take and were wondering if he was going to get an offer sheet.

He's a great D-man but they paid for it.

Frickin Coyotes are holding out until the last minute to see what they can get for the #3.

The more I read about Hanifin the more I like. He and Trouba would really look good on the blueline for the next 12 or so years. Sweeten the pot and let's get it done Chevy.

Hamilton is the type of player that you pay to keep. Think of it this way - if the Jets traded Trouba away for this same return next summer (When he's an RFA), there would be an uproar right? That's how bad this trade is for Boston.

I had read rumors that they were talking about moving Lucic too, which would've opened up the cap room to sign Hamilton. So either that fell through or they just didn't think they could get him signed. Either way, this is a HUGE loss for the Bruins.

Boston doesn't have the cap hit he was going to take and were wondering if he was going to get an offer sheet.

He's a great D-man but they paid for it.

Frickin Coyotes are holding out until the last minute to see what they can get for the #3.

The more I read about Hanifin the more I like. He and Trouba would really look good on the blueline for the next 12 or so years. Sweeten the pot and let's get it done Chevy.

I think the problem is, what do we have to sweeten the pot with?  Prospects yes, but do we want to lose Petan?  No.  Does Arizona want Kossy?  Maybe.

Our prospect cupboard is getting stocked but our real world depth isnt fully there.  Buff allows us to replenish but who on the team right now can we include...?  Perreault?  Sure...but would we do that?

Hamilton is the type of player that you pay to keep. Think of it this way - if the Jets traded Trouba away for this same return next summer (When he's an RFA), there would be an uproar right? That's how bad this trade is for Boston.

I had read rumors that they were talking about moving Lucic too, which would've opened up the cap room to sign Hamilton. So either that fell through or they just didn't think they could get him signed. Either way, this is a HUGE loss for the Bruins.

Ill defer to your opinion as Im not overly familiar with Hamilton and the Bruins.  Sounds like Lucic deal still possible...to Vancouver?  If Hamilton is Truba-esque then no, I would not do that deal. 

Ill defer to your opinion as Im not overly familiar with Hamilton and the Bruins.  Sounds like Lucic deal still possible...to Vancouver?  If Hamilton is Truba-esque then no, I would not do that deal. 

He was the heir-apparent to Chara on the top D pairing there, so losing him is a big deal. If they also trade Lucic then I guess they're entering full rebuild mode.

Boston fans are not happy - Just go read the Bruins subreddit.

Huuuuuuuuuuge loss for the Bruins, just how I like it. Calgary did give up a lot in return to be fair.

I just saw where the Avs gave Soderberg 4.75 per year for 5 years....wow.

Alot of people are assuming the Frolik contract would be somewhere in that neighborhood for AAV as well (possibly a bit higher), but thats your minimum for Frolik now.

Interesting move for sure. Hamilton to Calgary, Hamilton i believe is an alberta born player, To me this is the bruins trying to move up to 3 to take Hanifin and I'd be surprised if that's not what their intentions are here, hanifin i believe is a boston kid, played at boston college at least and moving Hamilton opens up a spot and also gives them more picks to dangle to arizona for 3. The funny thing is tho, Hanifin and those guys could fall, maybe as far as 6 or 7... so i'm not sure why a team would want to trade up to 3 to get him, especially if it's an overpayment...

I think the Jets are out of the race and i'd be surprised if they moved to 3, strange things have happened today but that would be crazy if they did.. I don't think they have, well they have the pieces but i'm not sure they are willing to give it up... or if they can compete with the likes of Boston now and Columbus even. 

Wouldn't be surprised to see the Jets move one of their picks plus a player like Burmistrov, maybe Buff gets moved too, apparently far apart on contract talks.. who knows, if someone gives them an offer they can't refuse, i'd do it. Hell, I'd trade Buff to Boston right now for their first 2 picks if that's what was offered, Jets are good at drafting and i have no doubt that they will get a couple (maybe more) pretty good players with their 2 first round picks (maybe more) 

Boston is going downhill fast.

Chiarelli went all in on that roster and put them cap trouble.  It was the right move philosophically as they were peaking and going thru a multi-year stretch as legit cup contenders.  The only real complaint any Bruins fan should have is they only won one Stanley Cup.  But now they have to start the process all over again.  There are always individual moves that can be nitpicked over and he wasn't perfect, but overall Chiarelli did exactly what he was hired to do - build a cup contender.

Maybe played junior in alberta, i know theres an alberta connection there somewhere. Red Deer maybe?  I dunno

Heres a little mock draft

1. Mcdavid - duhhhhhhhhh

2. Eichel - duhhhhhhh

Then things get very interesting, i'm going to assume no trades here

3. Arizona - they lack centers so much it's insane, they Got OEL as their #1 LHD, they won't take Hanifin or Provorov so Lets say Strome

4. Toronto - apparently the rumor is they like 3 guys and it's in this order 1. Marner 2. Strome 3. Hanifin. They take Marner

5. Carolina- Here we go... They go ahead and take Hanifin

6. NJ- they don't need d, they need forwards badly... they are actually quite stacked on D with prospects... This is where things get interesting tho, Pretty sure the top 5 will fall that way... Unless Carolina goes Provorov but regardless, this is where the Jets could actually swoop in.. at 6 

Nobody is talking about the Michigan D man, the left handed trouba... Zach Werenski, I bet if he's there at 6, Jets might make a move for him..