Bombers sign Jamall Westerman

I wouldn't count on Bilukidi or Mulumba arriving anytime in the next couple years at least.

Mulamba won't be here this year - he's still on his first chance, not his last.  Bilukidi on the other hand, he's used up most of his 9 NFL lives.  I wouldn't be surprised if he is cut before training camp opens in the NFL.

I wouldn't count on Bilukidi or Mulumba arriving anytime in the next couple years at least.

Mulamba won't be here this year - he's still on his first chance, not his last. Bilukidi on the other hand, he's used up most of his 9 NFL lives. I wouldn't be surprised if he is cut before training camp opens in the NFL.

Bilukidi just signed a 2 year deal with the Ravens. Obviously not guaranteed but still. Guys usually don't get cut from the Ravens and fall out of the league. One of the worse teams would pick him up, for sure. He is still a year away at the very least.

But but but... No big name FA's never wanna play for the bombers!

What a huge score by Walters. A legit starting canadian DE? With a ton of NFL experience too? What an early training camp present lol. This definitely releases some of the pressure building up on our canadian content..

I'm really liking the transformation Walters has done this offseason. Guys we relied on as starters last year have been pushed down into depth/rotational roles, where they are best suited. This includes guys like Sherman, Thomas, JFG and Peach.

Transformation Walters has done? As in roster or himself? I believe he was kind of forced last season to run with the guys we had because of previous regimes crushing of the depth.. I don't think for a moment Walters truly wanted the guys starting in key canadian spots actually staying there. I think when the injury bug smoked us, we were really between a rock and a hard place.

I'm really liking the transformation Walters has done this offseason. Guys we relied on as starters last year have been pushed down into depth/rotational roles, where they are best suited. This includes guys like Sherman, Thomas, JFG and Peach.

Transformation Walters has done? As in roster or himself? I believe he was kind of forced last season to run with the guys we had because of previous regimes crushing of the depth.. I don't think for a moment Walters truly wanted the guys starting in key canadian spots actually staying there. I think when the injury bug smoked us, we were really between a rock and a hard place.

I'm not sure what's unclear about my post there.  I'm saying I love the upgrades Walters has done this offseason, in pushing guys who were starters last year, into backup/depth roles for this season. 

Here's the most recent scouting report I could find on him...it's from 2012:

Westerman was able to secure three starts due to injuries in the Jets line backing core. He flashed pass-rush ability off the edge with quickness, deceptive power and instincts to counter effectively. He is solid defending the run with strong hands to leverage blockers at the point of attack. He has decent range in pursuit, but doesn't have outstanding long speed for the position.

Doubt this changes the bombers approach to the draft coming up very very very soon but it certainly gives them some interesting options for sure. 

SO who are our 7 starters now?

What this move also does is improves our Canadian depth i think significantly. Plus with the draft, 3 picks in the top 15, Yup the Canadian content ain't looking so bad. 

Doubt this changes the bombers approach to the draft coming up very very very soon but it certainly gives them some interesting options for sure. 

SO who are our 7 starters now?

Hurl, Bucknor, Westerman, Greaves, Picard, Neufeld/Goossen, Kohlert (JFG is another option). 

Gives us some options really, Can go 2 Canadian Receivers (Kohlert,JFG/Bastien even) and go all American Secondary. I think i like the sounds of that one. 

I don't mind that. But I think Bucknor is better than JFG. But I guess it also depends on....would the INT rec make a bigger impact than the INT db.

I think I'll dream of how good this Defensive Line will be...

DE Derrell Johnson - DT Bryant Turner - DT Zach Anderson - DE Jamaal Westerman

Remember Zach Anderson is still recovering from a serious ACL injury and is not guaranteed to be ready for the start of the season. Could take half a season or more before he re-gains confidence in his knee.