Canadians in the NFL Draft

@Demski9: Had a blast competing in Cleveland! Not the outcome I wanted.. But now anticipating May 12 that much more! #CFLDraft

@scratchingpost: Hear the #Ticats are trying to move up in the #CFL Draft. I think they want an OL & are concerned they'll be slim pickings at No. 8.

Pretty much every mock draft and all indicators from CFL camps like the one out of Hamilton suggest the first round will be OL dominated. Not saying a guy like Demski can't slip into a high slot but I do think that it is unlikely.

I am pretty excited by some of the players that never received an NFL contract that I thought for sure would. I think the potential for the NFL raiding our first round picks through their draft and as UFAs has been pretty low. Lots of great guys still available and looking likely to be in the CFL this year. I can't see a scenario where the Bombers don't come away with 3 great prospects on draft day barring trade.

If the Bombers truly do have Demski as their highest rated prospect, I sure hope Walters has the good sense to try and trade back later into the first round and try secure another 2nd round pick instead of taking him at 2. I truly don't see him going in the top 8 unless we select him.

Pretty much every mock draft and all indicators from CFL camps like the one out of Hamilton suggest the first round will be OL dominated. Not saying a guy like Demski can't slip into a high slot but I do think that it is unlikely.

I think the legitimate "skill" guys (Tailbacks and REC's) could go very fast because there aren't many and especially many who will be anything but longer term development guys.  Demski, Harty and Shaq are the guys ready to play.  By the Bombers 2nd pick I wouldn't be surprised if three of Demski, Harty, Durant and Shaq are off the board.  Campbell and Richards might hang on the board a bit longer.

I hope Walters is listening to offers and pushing other teams who may be putting together offers to include some younger current CFLers.  Hamilton could be an interesting trade partner in terms of trading down and adding a guy who can make a big impact this year.

If the Bombers truly do have Demski as their highest rated prospect, I sure hope Walters has the good sense to try and trade back later into the first round and try secure another 2nd round pick instead of taking him at 2. I truly don't see him going in the top 8 unless we select him.

Saskatchewan is pretty desperate for NI's on offence, Argos are borderline desperate with Durie and Bradwell around their best before dates.

Really do think you see a run on non OL guys in Rd 1. Some teams will take a couple but I'd guess there will be 3 or 4 still there at 11.

I think other than the first 3 OL guys who are likely available and able to step in and start or be a 6th OL as a rookie (Mateas, Chungh, Groulx), there is not a lot of difference between the next 4 or so OL, so teams with picks in the first couple rounds might wait to pick an OL if they feel a player at another position is the best player on the board.  The dropoff is much more steep at receiver, tailback and DB after the top guy or couple guys at each of those spots.

Chungh is probably our pick at #2.  Will be interesting to see if Walters trades back into the first round using the two second rounders to scoop someone.