Upcoming Movies

Taynted_Fayth

4 minutes ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

Would like to see the Chameleon one day too,  with his ties to Hydra, could set up for a captain america/spiderman movie

I've been amazed at how Marvel has been able to bring the two companies together to push the Spiderman/Avengers connection. Well done.

Not sure if they're ready for a Cap/Spidey movie yet but I can dream.

22 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

The Rhino is a tough one too cause how do you make a guy in a grey suit look intimidating in this day and age? A lot of the spider man villians had hokey costumes. 

It makes me think of the Thing. His look is so hokey and it doesn't translate, IMO, to the movies so well. Of course, the first family of Marvel can't get a decent movie.

5 minutes ago, JCon said:

It makes me think of the Thing. His look is so hokey and it doesn't translate, IMO, to the movies so well. Of course, the first family of Marvel can't get a decent movie.

The Fantastic 4 movies have failed for a lot more reasons than the Thing looking silly. I recently watched the latest one and god what a mess that movie was. Nothing redeeming about that at all. 

1 minute ago, 17to85 said:

The Fantastic 4 movies have failed for a lot more reasons than the Thing looking silly. I recently watched the latest one and god what a mess that movie was. Nothing redeeming about that at all. 

Exactly. There's a whole lot wrong with FF movies. The Thing will always be difficult to get right, even in a great FF (if that ever happens). I accept that as a reality and not a criticism of the movies.

I was just reading an origin story to my son on Silver Surfer and reflecting on that movie. Gawd, Silver Surfer deserves better.

7 minutes ago, JCon said:

Exactly. There's a whole lot wrong with FF movies. The Thing will always be difficult to get right, even in a great FF (if that ever happens). I accept that as a reality and not a criticism of the movies.

I was just reading an origin story to my son on Silver Surfer and reflecting on that movie. Gawd, Silver Surfer deserves better.

I actually liked how they made silver surfer look in FF2, but the biggest issue you is SS's main enemy is Galactus and he would be hard to translate to movie.  That ominous cloud was just awful.

If they were smart, they should have SS do a surprise appearance in the infinity wars to help beat Thanos, one of his enemies.  He also has feuds with Dormammu and Loki at different points in time, so he should/could be integrated back into the MCU

11 minutes ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

I actually liked how they made silver surfer look in FF2, but the biggest issue you is SS's main enemy is Galactus and he would be hard to translate to movie.  That ominous cloud was just awful.

If they were smart, they should have SS do a surprise appearance in the infinity wars to help beat Thanos, one of his enemies.  He also has feuds with Dormammu and Loki at different points in time, so he should/could be integrated back into the MCU

Yes, I thought they made him look good but the movie itself wasn't good.

That would be an interesting tie-in with the Infinity Wars.

They're going to struggle to get everyone some screen time in that film. However, with SS, you wouldn't have to worry about appeasing any actor's ego. Could just show up at some point and leave without much fanfare. Just a little kernel for the fans. And, maybe, it could lead to a standalone movie.

2 minutes ago, JCon said:

Yes, I thought they made him look good but the movie itself wasn't good.

That would be an interesting tie-in with the Infinity Wars.

They're going to struggle to get everyone some screen time in that film. However, with SS, you wouldn't have to worry about appeasing any actor's ego. Could just show up at some point and leave without much fanfare. Just a little kernel for the fans. And, maybe, it could lead to a standalone movie.

i agree doesn't need a whole lot of screen time,  but lets assume Thanos gets the infinity stones into that infinity gauntlet, he'd be pretty much unstoppable.  it would take something or someone with perhaps the power cosmic?  the only difficulty would be trying to explain why SS is there at the right time and why he even cares

I can understand why Sony went with a young Spiderman, especially as they essentially re-boot and tie in with Marvel.  If all goes according to plan, you'll get the older Spiderman eventually.

The idea that Stark sort of holds Peter back makes sense.  Hopefully they explain why the Avengers arent there to handle these "smaller" issues.  Presumably, they cant be the police responding to every cat in a tree scenario.  Spiderman dealing with smaller problems in New York as he cuts his teeth is an interesting story.

1 hour ago, The Unknown Poster said:

I can understand why Sony went with a young Spiderman, especially as they essentially re-boot and tie in with Marvel.  If all goes according to plan, you'll get the older Spiderman eventually.

The idea that Stark sort of holds Peter back makes sense.  Hopefully they explain why the Avengers arent there to handle these "smaller" issues.  Presumably, they cant be the police responding to every cat in a tree scenario.  Spiderman dealing with smaller problems in New York as he cuts his teeth is an interesting story.

I think they kind of do already with all the solo movies,  most of the avengers have their own things going on, unless there is like a global threat then they assemble. Spiderman imo is like all the Netflix series,  in that he's the protector of his neighborhood, until the time comes for him to band together to fight a larger threat.  

The smartest thing Marvel has done is introduce S.H.I.E.L.D. back in Iron Man 1, that is really the tying force behind everything, including luke cage and Iron fist eventually teaming up with spiderman as an Avengers B-team if you will. They really set themselves up to make these movies and tv shows for years to come. 

Was reading an interview with Chris Evans in the sun yesterday, and he said while his contract is up after Avengers 4 (presumably infinity wars part 2), he wants to continue the Captain America character because Marvel/Disney is doing such a great job with the movies.  If they sucked, he might have a different opinion, but they are a cinematic gold.   I also like the continuity with the same actor reprising roles,  then the focus can be on the movie vs constantly trying to compare the new actor to their predecessor. Hopefully they can stay with Holland for a while, 3 different spider man's in recent memory is a lot, felt the same way when Ruffalo took over the Hulk,  hopefully he sticks with it for a while

Edited by Taynted_Fayth

I really enjoyed Michael Chiklis as the Thing.  I even liked the costume.  The only thing that needed to be different for me was that he could have been taller.  But Chiklis's voice to me was dead on for the Thing.

Personally I like the first 2 F4 movies.  They weren't "fantastic" by any means, but I didn't think they were bad.  They were just a bit too slapstick and Dr. Doom needed to be more sinister then the weirdo that played him.  With the effects now and if they gave it back to Marvel, I think it would all work out.

1 hour ago, Logan007 said:

I really enjoyed Michael Chiklis as the Thing.  I even liked the costume.  The only thing that needed to be different for me was that he could have been taller.  But Chiklis's voice to me was dead on for the Thing.

Personally I like the first 2 F4 movies.  They weren't "fantastic" by any means, but I didn't think they were bad.  They were just a bit too slapstick and Dr. Doom needed to be more sinister then the weirdo that played him.  With the effects now and if they gave it back to Marvel, I think it would all work out.

I thought was going to enjoy him more but he seemed to goofy for me. Maybe, it's just the role.

The Mediocre Four.

I want the Doom from the Secret Wars, not from the bubbling villain from Avengers: Assemble (TV series).

1 minute ago, JCon said:

I thought was going to enjoy him more but he seemed to goofy for me. Maybe, it's just the role.

The Mediocre Four.

I want the Doom from the Secret Wars, not from the bubbling villain from Avengers: Assemble (TV series).

Doom's voice was just so lame too.  That guys voice is too nasely.  You need someone with a baritone voice or something lower.  And make him menacing for crying out loud.  He was just so fluffy.

1 minute ago, Logan007 said:

Saw that, looks pretty freaky.  I'm not into horror but this looks good.

Certainly a staple of my childhood when it came to horror movies.  Sadly rewatching it it became clear most of Kings novels turned movies were made for TV so when something bad was going to happen they cut to black vs showing gore.  Hopefully this remake goes all out

On ‎3‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 10:55 AM, The Unknown Poster said:

Spider-Man was always a teenager. So he should be young. I just hate reboot after reboot after reboot. Especially the SM films. Move on already.

8 minutes ago, Noeller said:

The only person who could POSSIBLY save DC from themselves.....

I'd love for him to help them out, but last time he did this for Marvel he burned himself out.  I think he's trying to stay with just doing single films.

On 3/29/2017 at 10:40 AM, JCon said:

I like Keaton as the Vulture and I like the suit. It seems more 'realistic'.

What I am getting tired of is the constant refreshing of Spiderman. I don't find young Spidey as interesting as the older Spidey. Give me a more mature Spiderman, who is aware of his abilities (not always in awe) but is still cocky.

agree with this in a huge way. Ive seen more then enough of high school era peter parker. Its all soo golly gee mary jane sure is pretty too bad i have glasses and am smart shed never go for me... Modern marvel comics havent done much right in a long while, but atleast they went with a fresh take on spiderman. 

That said i will watch home coming of course. But of all the coming marvel movies my expectations are by far lowest for it. Is lower then basically every thing but jessica jones s2. 

Netflix horror selection is soo bad i wish they'd put some effort into it. Not even a lot of effort just some.