Upcoming Movies

Taynted_Fayth

9 minutes ago, Rich said:

Here is a comparison of what they call the "Space Jockey" from Alien 1 (top) to the Engineers from Prometheus.

jockey2.png

The Space Jockey of course would have been decayed and sitting there for however long before they found it.

Thats very cool and makes the whole thing more interesting.  Unless I zoned out (possible) this wasnt overly clear in Prometheus...

1 minute ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Thats very cool and makes the whole thing more interesting.  Unless I zoned out (possible) this wasnt overly clear in Prometheus...

It isn't at all clear unless you are a huge fan. 

I've actually never seen any of the original Alien movies in their entirety.  

Watched Prometheus when it first came out on Netflix thinking it was just a sci fi movie and when I realized there might be an Alien connection, I did a bunch of reading on it after. 

1 hour ago, Rich said:

Watched Prometheus when it first came out on Netflix thinking it was just a sci fi movie and when I realized there might be an Alien connection, I did a bunch of reading on it after. 

Do yourself a favour and watch Alien. It's such a great movie and Ridley Scott did an amazing job. The rest were not my cup of tea - I don't like the shoot-em-up space alien flicks. Alien was not like that.

1 hour ago, Rich said:

likewise,  I think owning a lot of the Alien toys as a kid also helped knowing about the host traits being encompassed into the alien (there was like bull aliens, gorilla aliens, scorpion aliens...etc).

Didn't scott originally deny there was a connection between Prometheus and Alien?  I may be mis-remembering but I thought he said something along the lines of while there are similarities they are not connected.  But seems that's changed

21 minutes ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

likewise,  I think owning a lot of the Alien toys as a kid also helped knowing about the host traits being encompassed into the alien (there was like bull aliens, gorilla aliens, scorpion aliens...etc).

Didn't scott originally deny there was a connection between Prometheus and Alien?  I may be mis-remembering but I thought he said something along the lines of while there are similarities they are not connected.  But seems that's changed

During production, he said something along the lines of there is alien dna in Prometheus. So that was a clue it was a prequel that would answer questions about the alien ship in Alien and for most part it did even if diff planet.

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

19 minutes ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

He did say it was in the same universe as Alien.  By not connected maybe he meant that the ship that they find in Prometheus isn't the same ship we see in Alien.   So not directly connected.

8 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Have heard it's one of the best "superhero movies" of all time, and might even have some Oscar buzz for certain aspects of the film. Excited to check it out...

Yeah like the academy will ever give any kind of award other than effects or make up to a super hero movie. You gotta have gay cowboys eating pudding to get awards. 

Disney looks to convert some other Lucas properties to cash cash cash

http://lrmonline.com/news/indiana-jones-5-is-officially-happening-ford-returning-as-titular-character

Now, the House of Mouse has taken to their official website to announce that director Steven Spielberg and actor Harrison Ford will reunite for a fifth Indiana Jones movie, set to be released on July 19, 2019.

37 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Disney looks to convert some other Lucas properties to cash cash cash

http://lrmonline.com/news/indiana-jones-5-is-officially-happening-ford-returning-as-titular-character

Now, the House of Mouse has taken to their official website to announce that director Steven Spielberg and actor Harrison Ford will reunite for a fifth Indiana Jones movie, set to be released on July 19, 2019.

hopefully there will be NO shia Labeouf this time around.  #4 was awful

39 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Could have been more physically fit rather then just model-like.

Yeah I heard that criticism of Gal Gadot and she looked pretty thin when cast.  But she gained 17 lbs of muscle for the role and she's 5'10".  I thought she was tremendous.  Her look, accent, acting ability - to me she fit the role so perfectly that even if she was too thin whatever, it didnt matter.  And I didnt think she was too thin on screen.

I did find her theme sort of annoying as its so heavy and in the fight scene they played it multiple times, like everytime she appeared and it seemed a bit funny.  But it's a pretty "strong" theme and I like it now.

I don't think Gadot is too thin, from what I remember in the comics, wonder woman wasn't ripped or big either, which kind of gave her that deceiving perception she was just a pretty face, not some powerhouse amazon princess.  After watching Gadot in Keeping up with the Joneses, she's definitely a good casting for the role

2 hours ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

I don't think Gadot is too thin, from what I remember in the comics, wonder woman wasn't ripped or big either, which kind of gave her that deceiving perception she was just a pretty face, not some powerhouse amazon princess.  After watching Gadot in Keeping up with the Joneses, she's definitely a good casting for the role

No one is saying she was muscle bound or ripped in the comics, but she did have muscle.  I mean, she's supposed to look like an Amazon.  Gadot use to be twig thin, which is not what Wonder Woman looked like.  Even in BvS, she looked a bit too thin.  But as TUP said, since she's added some muscle to her frame, she is starting to look better.  The shots in the WW movie of her look much better then BvS.

6 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

The one thing Batman vs Superman got right was Wonder Woman.  Tremendous casting. Everything about her is terrific.  High hopes for this one.

DC doesn't deserve to have high hopes, at this point they are firmly in the show us territory. They don't get the benefit of the doubt until they prove that they can produce something that works. 

2 hours ago, 17to85 said:

DC doesn't deserve to have high hopes, at this point they are firmly in the show us territory. They don't get the benefit of the doubt until they prove that they can produce something that works. 

^^This.

I want to be excited for this movie, but based on the **** DC has peddled lately, I just can't.