Upcoming Movies

Taynted_Fayth

38 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Not sold on Keaton.

felt the same way watching the trailer,  same with Marissa Tomei as aunt may, but i understand Peter Parker is supposed to be wicked young, so at 52 i guess it adds up.  My biggest issue isn't so much Keaton, but that the vulture looks too robotic. first thing I thought of was the way they made the Green Goblin in Toby Maguire's Spider Man which I wasn't a big fan of.  

But Marvel has been doing a good job with their movies so my expectations are high with this

rewatched it, yeah I don't like the overly robotic vulture suit. but at the 1:45 mark there appears to be a henchmen who has some kind of electric device he hits spider man with into the side of a school bus... could it be Shocker? Henchmen don't normally get a lick on spidey at the best of times

**edit I see it on imdb  Bokeem Woodbine  plays Herman Schultz/Shocker

Edited by Taynted_Fayth

Just now, Noeller said:

Keaton is such a great actor, I don't know how he wouldn't be awesome in this. Having said that, I'm not a comic book nerd, so I don't have irrational hatred of things based on canon...

I like Keaton the actor,  and his normal side in this may be good, I just don't like the look of the vulture after the fact,  way too robotic

1 hour ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

rewatched it, yeah I don't like the overly robotic vulture suit. but at the 1:45 mark there appears to be a henchmen who has some kind of electric device he hits spider man with into the side of a school bus... could it be Shocker? Henchmen don't normally get a lick on spidey at the best of times

**edit I see it on imdb  Bokeem Woodbine  plays Herman Schultz/Shocker

cause this would be so much better?

vulture.gif

8 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

cause this would be so much better?

vulture.gif

lol well if your gonna pull up an old man winter pic of the vulture it'll obviously look crappier. I guess I need to see more of the current vulture to see if his helmet is retractable. One of the Vultures main powers is absorbing the life out of victims making him young and the victim elderly including Spider Man.  If Keaton was a "younger" Adrian Toomes after stealing some life then fine, but if you hide that youth under a helmet whats the point.

Image result for old vulture spiderman

I can't find the footage shown, but at Sony's ComicCon they announced the title, plot and some footage of Jumanji 2... going by the title of Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle. Featuring the Rock, Kevin Hart and Jack Black here is an excerpt of the plot from the footage shown;

“The footage begins with four high schoolers in detention. Their teacher orders them to clean out the basement of the school, and they find an old video game console, which features the game Jumanji. You pick a character, and as the teens learn you are that person in the game … which transports you to a jungle.

“One rather nerdy boy is surprised (and rather pleased) to see he’s got the muscles of The Rock. The popular girl in school is horrified to learn she’s got the body of Jack Black.”

http://consequenceofsound.net/2017/03/jumanji-premieres-first-footage-stupid-new-title-at-sonys-cinemacon/

jumanji.jpg?quality=80&w=807

I actually liked the first Jumanji as a kid in 1995 (i would have been 13) so hopefully it doesn't disappoint, my oldest son will be 13 by the time this comes out, maybe something we can enjoy together

14 hours ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

lol well if your gonna pull up an old man winter pic of the vulture it'll obviously look crappier. I guess I need to see more of the current vulture to see if his helmet is retractable. One of the Vultures main powers is absorbing the life out of victims making him young and the victim elderly including Spider Man.  If Keaton was a "younger" Adrian Toomes after stealing some life then fine, but if you hide that youth under a helmet whats the point.

Image result for old vulture spiderman

Still, the Vulture costume has always been based on tech.  But the old costume look just isn't realistic unless he had actual powers.  Yes, it looks a bit too mechanical, but it needs to be something similar to what Falcon uses seeing as how their wings where pretty much similar.  I'm not a HUGE fan of the Vulture costume in the movie, but I have to ask myself, how else could they have done it without looking hokey?  The reason the costume doesn't sit well with me is because it reminds me of what they did with the Rhino in the Amazing Spiderman.  But even more so in that movie because the Rhino was supposed to have powers and they just made him into this stupid machine costume which looked horrendous.

Really what it comes down to is that the vulture has always had a stupid ******* costume so I don't mind them making it robotic looking because that's what they've done with these movies. They made the Falcon not be a joke, this will likely be the same thing. 

The Rhino is a tough one too cause how do you make a guy in a grey suit look intimidating in this day and age? A lot of the spider man villians had hokey costumes. 

I thought they did a good job with doc oc where they just left his arms as robotic, the rest of him was as is. But I guess the sinister 6 idea died with the garfield spider man when Harry stumbles onto Oscorps secret RD lab in amazing spider man 2.  My concern with this over robotic suits appearing like the green goblin, rhino, now vulture, is the same fate will happen with scorpion one day, probably mysterio too if either of these guys ever make it to the big screen.

Would like to see the Chameleon one day too,  with his ties to Hydra, could set up for a captain america/spiderman movie

I like Keaton as the Vulture and I like the suit. It seems more 'realistic'.

What I am getting tired of is the constant refreshing of Spiderman. I don't find young Spidey as interesting as the older Spidey. Give me a more mature Spiderman, who is aware of his abilities (not always in awe) but is still cocky.