Upcoming Movies

Taynted_Fayth

5 minutes ago, Noeller said:

the Spiderman reboots should be done with now, with Marvel getting the rights back...

And this one isnt an origin story (as far as I can tell).  He already appeared in the Avengers so...he's Spiderman. 

Marvel doesnt have the rights back though.  Its an agreement between Sony and Marvel.  I heard rumblings that if it were successful, Sony might pull Spiderman again and try to create their own universe.

33 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

And this one isnt an origin story (as far as I can tell).  He already appeared in the Avengers so...he's Spiderman. 

Marvel doesnt have the rights back though.  Its an agreement between Sony and Marvel.  I heard rumblings that if it were successful, Sony might pull Spiderman again and try to create their own universe.

i immediately made a fart noise with my mouth when i read this... but this pick kinda sums it up as well

Image result for fart

41 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Actually I read the comments made by the producer who said that.  But most people think she meant that after the second Spiderman movie, they're contract is up, meaning that they need to renew it to keep him in the MCU.  I doubt Marvel/Disney will let him slip away again.

And you're correct on the first part.  This isn't an origin story.  I believe he's been Spiderman for about 6 months to a year at this point.

1 hour ago, Logan007 said:

Actually I read the comments made by the producer who said that.  But most people think she meant that after the second Spiderman movie, they're contract is up, meaning that they need to renew it to keep him in the MCU.  I doubt Marvel/Disney will let him slip away again.

And you're correct on the first part.  This isn't an origin story.  I believe he's been Spiderman for about 6 months to a year at this point.

True but it will be set entirely within school year where as the others spent 5 minutes tops.

4 hours ago, wbbfan said:

agree with this in a huge way. Ive seen more then enough of high school era peter parker. Its all soo golly gee mary jane sure is pretty too bad i have glasses and am smart shed never go for me... Modern marvel comics havent done much right in a long while, but atleast they went with a fresh take on spiderman. 

That said i will watch home coming of course. But of all the coming marvel movies my expectations are by far lowest for it. Is lower then basically every thing but jessica jones s2. 

Netflix horror selection is soo bad i wish they'd put some effort into it. Not even a lot of effort just some.

not a horror movie, but my friend over the weekend said there was a movie called Urge on Netflix with Pierce Brosnan and Danny Masterson, finally watched it this afternoon, it was alright tho ending could have been a little better but over all enjoyable, about a group of friends that go to this island for a weekend party. introduced to new designer drug called urge that completely removes your inhibitions leading to the island descending into chaos.

UrgeFirstPoster.jpg

17 hours ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

not a horror movie, but my friend over the weekend said there was a movie called Urge on Netflix with Pierce Brosnan and Danny Masterson, finally watched it this afternoon, it was alright tho ending could have been a little better but over all enjoyable, about a group of friends that go to this island for a weekend party. introduced to new designer drug called urge that completely removes your inhibitions leading to the island descending into chaos.

UrgeFirstPoster.jpg

i saw that browsing the other day might have to give it a look

8 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Afaik she had no part in 8 so...

She was in 8. Finished filming before she died. Or so they said. Multiple reports that she filmed scenes for 8 and production was done before her passing. 

Id assume they will use un-used footage for 9. Which likely indicates a smaller role in the final film. I'm not sure why anyone would think using cgi would be in bad taste to be honest. 

5 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

She was in 8. Finished filming before she died. Or so they said. Multiple reports that she filmed scenes for 8 and production was done before her passing. 

Id assume they will use un-used footage for 9. Which likely indicates a smaller role in the final film. I'm not sure why anyone would think using cgi would be in bad taste to be honest. 

That is interesting.

7 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

I think CGI to the extent they did for Tarkin, would be in bad taste, but I do think using CGI to give her a "good" death early in 9 would be appropriate. Give proper closure to the character without milking it.

They had good plot reasons for doing what they did with Tarkin. I didn't find it to be in bad taste.

That movie was just to space-y for me....I didn't get it. I can't handle too much space/nerd stuff. Superhero movies that take place on earth, within our existing reality, I'm okay with....when you get too weird, like GOTG and Dr Strange....you've lost me. Even Thor was too much....the stuff on earth, I was okay with....the stuff in Asgaard....I'm out.

45 minutes ago, Noeller said:

That movie was just to space-y for me....I didn't get it. I can't handle too much space/nerd stuff. Superhero movies that take place on earth, within our existing reality, I'm okay with....when you get too weird, like GOTG and Dr Strange....you've lost me. Even Thor was too much....the stuff on earth, I was okay with....the stuff in Asgaard....I'm out.

That's because your a spacist. 

I like the occasional "non earth" setting just for something different. The poor people of New York deserve a break