Bombers add Jordan Reaves to neg list

gbill2004

@DarrinBauming: I am told Jordan Reaves, son of former CFL MOP running back Willard Reaves, has been placed on the #Bombers negotiation list.

@DarrinBauming: Reaves (6'5" 215lbs) worked out for the #Bombers last week as a receiver, and took part in the CFL's regional combine in Edmonton today.

@DarrinBauming: Reaves' measurables from the Edmonton regional #CFLCombine:

40-yard dash: 4.69

Vertical: 35"

Broad jump: 10'1"

Bench: 19

3-cone: 7.06

@DarrinBauming: @garrettbillan1 He is. Born, raised, and educated right here in Manitoba.

A good read: http://www.cklq.com/index.php?id=74&tx_ttnews%5Btt_news%5D=7229&cHash=c0cb771b11c9b08c8ce2307fed508482

@DarrinBauming: Reaves' measurables from the Edmonton regional #CFLCombine:

40-yard dash: 4.69

Vertical: 35"

Broad jump: 10'1"

Bench: 19

3-cone: 7.06

For comparison, here's how he ranked against the 8 other WR's at the combine:

40: 2nd (top guy had 4.65)

Vertical: Tied for 4th (top guy had 37.5")

Broad Jump: 2nd (top guy had 10'4")

Bench: 2nd (top guy had 20)

3 Cone: 2nd (top guy had 7.03)

Bauming didn't include his shuttle time which was 4.52 and ranked him 5th (top guy had 4.35)

He's big, he's athletic, he's got the right passport.

The Bombers have something to gain, and absolutely nothing to lose.

Except the player they removed from their neg list to add Reaves. But I agree it's a low risk, potential for high reward situation.

Oh well, I guess someone else will have to sign Tim Tebow.

Except the player they removed from their neg list to add Reaves. But I agree it's a low risk, potential for high reward situation.

You are assuming our neg list was full, or didn't contain names that were highly improbable. As MBRG said, each team has it's Tim Tebow's on their list. Someone you stick on their on the off chance they ever end up in the CFL. However, the odds are extremely long against it happening. Reaves name can always be dropped.

You are assuming our neg list was full, or didn't contain names that were highly improbable. As MBRG said, each team has it's Tim Tebow's on their list. Someone you stick on their on the off chance they ever end up in the CFL. However, the odds are extremely long against it happening. Reaves name can always be dropped.

I sure hope our neg list is full.

This is an excerpt of an article a certain member posted at TEP:

The former MVP with the men's basketball team is returning to football for the first time since he was 15-year-old and is coming off a tryout with his hometown Winnipeg Blue Bombers where the 6-foot-5, 215 pounder worked out as a receiver.