Sure, why not. Whatever. WWE Network and Wrestlemania

Goalie

"Pretty sick"  lol  In what way?  I assume you mean sick as in awesome.  Anyone intimating some sexual impropriety have serious issues.

This particular girl was younger than average but there are many example of young people working.  Harry Smith and Tyson Kidd appeared in WWE at around the same age.  Sick bastards.

Na i have no issues.

Its creepy and sick IMO.

Think a lil girl punching some dude in the nuts is all good? I dont... I guess i have issues.

Yes.  I see no issue with it.  Ever been punched in the nuts by a little girl?  Or boy for that matter?  If you have siblings there was probably some nut punching in your life.  Jokes aside, she's an "athlete" growing up in this world.  If her parents had no problem with it and she had no problem with it, there is no problem. 

Again, I cant tell you how to feel but I find it very odd that anyone would be creeped out watching that, especially wrestling fans. 

Id never ever ever allow my daughter to do that...

As for the sibling thing?  I hardly think its the same. Yes kids boys n girls do it and think its funny. But they are kids.

Id not ever allow my daughter to be put on TV and say go punch that guy in the nuts so all these people can be entertained.

You know im not a big fan of wrestling but i will click to it once in awhile for shits n giggles but to me thats not funny... Its jus weird n creepy. 

That's a complete fair point (that you wouldnt allow your kid to do it).  Some parents wont allow their kids to take Karate.  Some wont allow them to play football.  Some wont allow them to do wrestling.  Its not a commentary on the quality of parenting when others do allow those things.  The girl in the video was better trained than many adult wrestlers I've seen.

The Hart kids (along with many wrestling familes, Von Erich's, Samoan's etc) were play wrestling probably before they could walk.  And training properly as very young children.  Wayne Gretzky learned to skate when he was three years old (if I recall the story). 

The difference here is that she performed in front of a large crowd rather than an empty training center.  And she did well.  And it was amusing and impressive. 

And it generated tons of online interest as well as local media coverage.  I think there were two different youtube videos of the match that had over one million views each when the Winnipeg Sun contacted me about doing a story.

I think our (PCW's) most watched youtube clip has about 16,000 views and wasnt anything as interesting as this match (it was three valet's playing Bikini Twister in the ring on one our shows).

Sorry your missing my point.

Id allow my kid do play and do any sports you mentioned. All of it is good for them.

But id never allow anyone to say to my kid ... Go punch that dude in the nuts to entertain these people.

Im not disagreeing with the kid being in a show like this. I do disagree with a 10 year old girl punching some guy in the nuts to entertain people. Thats just not right in my opinion.

Would you or your wife allow that?  Would you tell or have someone else tell your daughter to go punch a guy in the nuts so all these people laugh?

If the kids trained proper and can handle doing the moves its all fine. Leave the punching to the nuts out of it. Its weird and not necessary IMO. 

In the correct context I would.  If my daughter grew up in the business and understood the context.  She wasnt fondling him.  I suspect this particular girl has seen her share of nut shots since wrestling is the family business.  It also depends on the kid.  And their understanding of "acting" and whatnot.  I wouldnt let her humiliate herself...which this girl did not do.  Fans were very respectful and impressed. 

There was a lot of controversy over a movie Dakota Fanning did when she was 12 where she was raped.  A lot of people said they'd never let their kid do it.  Dakota's parents made a different decision.  And Dakota seemed to be very intelligent and well adjusted and understood the art of acting.  She seemed to get through the tough scene okay (we assume). 

If the nut shot wasnt in this match, you'd be otherwise fine with it?  If so, I think we're pretty much on the same page.

Yup id be fine with it.

Your points are fair.

I guess what im saying is if the idea is to show how good this little girl is and has been trained all her life a shot to the nuts is just not necessary to show her skills. You can show off her skill without that and also entertain the folks watching. 

"Pretty sick"  lol  In what way?  I assume you mean sick as in awesome.  Anyone intimating some sexual impropriety have serious issues.

This particular girl was younger than average but there are many example of young people working.  Harry Smith and Tyson Kidd appeared in WWE at around the same age.  Sick bastards.

Na i have no issues.

Its creepy and sick IMO.

Think a lil girl punching some dude in the nuts is all good? I dont... I guess i have issues.

Yes.  I see no issue with it.  Ever been punched in the nuts by a little girl?  Or boy for that matter?  If you have siblings there was probably some nut punching in your life.  Jokes aside, she's an "athlete" growing up in this world.  If her parents had no problem with it and she had no problem with it, there is no problem. 

Again, I cant tell you how to feel but I find it very odd that anyone would be creeped out watching that, especially wrestling fans. 

Id never ever ever allow my daughter to do that...

As for the sibling thing?  I hardly think its the same. Yes kids boys n girls do it and think its funny. But they are kids.

Id not ever allow my daughter to be put on TV and say go punch that guy in the nuts so all these people can be entertained.

You know im not a big fan of wrestling but i will click to it once in awhile for shits n giggles but to me thats not funny... Its jus weird n creepy. 

That's a complete fair point (that you wouldnt allow your kid to do it).  Some parents wont allow their kids to take Karate.  Some wont allow them to play football.  Some wont allow them to do wrestling.  Its not a commentary on the quality of parenting when others do allow those things.  The girl in the video was better trained than many adult wrestlers I've seen.

The Hart kids (along with many wrestling familes, Von Erich's, Samoan's etc) were play wrestling probably before they could walk.  And training properly as very young children.  Wayne Gretzky learned to skate when he was three years old (if I recall the story). 

The difference here is that she performed in front of a large crowd rather than an empty training center.  And she did well.  And it was amusing and impressive. 

And it generated tons of online interest as well as local media coverage.  I think there were two different youtube videos of the match that had over one million views each when the Winnipeg Sun contacted me about doing a story.

I think our (PCW's) most watched youtube clip has about 16,000 views and wasnt anything as interesting as this match (it was three valet's playing Bikini Twister in the ring on one our shows).

Sorry your missing my point.

Id allow my kid do play and do any sports you mentioned. All of it is good for them.

But id never allow anyone to say to my kid ... Go punch that dude in the nuts to entertain these people.

Im not disagreeing with the kid being in a show like this. I do disagree with a 10 year old girl punching some guy in the nuts to entertain people. Thats just not right in my opinion.

Would you or your wife allow that?  Would you tell or have someone else tell your daughter to go punch a guy in the nuts so all these people laugh?

If the kids trained proper and can handle doing the moves its all fine. Leave the punching to the nuts out of it. Its weird and not necessary IMO. 

In the correct context I would.  If my daughter grew up in the business and understood the context.  She wasnt fondling him.  I suspect this particular girl has seen her share of nut shots since wrestling is the family business.  It also depends on the kid.  And their understanding of "acting" and whatnot.  I wouldnt let her humiliate herself...which this girl did not do.  Fans were very respectful and impressed. 

There was a lot of controversy over a movie Dakota Fanning did when she was 12 where she was raped.  A lot of people said they'd never let their kid do it.  Dakota's parents made a different decision.  And Dakota seemed to be very intelligent and well adjusted and understood the art of acting.  She seemed to get through the tough scene okay (we assume). 

If the nut shot wasnt in this match, you'd be otherwise fine with it?  If so, I think we're pretty much on the same page.

Yup id be fine with it.

Your points are fair.

I guess what im saying is if the idea is to show how good this little girl is and has been trained all her life a shot to the nuts is just not necessary to show her skills. You can show off her skill without that and also entertain the folks watching. 

If you were three feet tall and in a fight with a guy 6'1 and 200lbs, I bet you'd punch him in the nuts.  ;-)

Indy Wrestling is so much fun

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HxniaPi_Uss

Another thing people watching these videos have to remember is, this is indy wrestling and a lot of this you'd never see on TV.  The live crowd is way different.  Watching it on your computer you might not appreciate it, but if you were there live you might think it was the greatest thing you'd ever seen.

Here's another PWG clip, ACH vs Omega where they end up playing Steve Austin and the Rock.  The best part is Omega's perfect impression of Rocky's over-selling the stunner

There was also an Omega vs Bryan match from PWG where they did some long promo that I thought was pointless..until I got to the end the punchline was the john jacob jingleheimer schmidt children's song and it was awesome.  I think it was Bryan that got the line "Hey!  That's my name too!" and the crowd popped huge.  Pretty funny.

WWE sometimes does this stuff.  If you watch the Owen Hart DVD they tell many stories of Owen goofing off in the ring.  Hunter even did a spot where he took a shot and took five minutes to sell it, just wavered on his feet before taking the bump.  You dont see that stuff on TV, but dark matches and house shows, it happens a lot.  Wrestling is supposed to be fun, especially for the live crowd.

I've watched all those clips. They are all pretty damn good stuff. It's too bad that WWE doesn't try and bring the FUN back... maybe they don't have to go as crazy cuz their crowds aren't as smart as the indy crowds are but... that's part of what is missing today, Wrestling is supposed to be fun, It's not anymore in WWE. 

Im trying to remember some of the goofy or crazy **** we've done because its a live crowd and you have to jack it up a bit.  We've done angles about homophobia, racism, unplanned pregnancy etc.  Omega once wrestled in his tighty whiteys claiming he forgot his gear.  Omega also used to do "the invisible" box routine.

We had a guy carrying a sign that said he would wrestle for food and had a collection box and fans would give him their change.

Im proud to admit we invented the Sex Toy on a Pole match.

We even had a couple who's live in girlfriend legitimately left him in the middle of the night and they both agreed to work together and tell the story on the show where she left him for another guy because the ex bf wasnt satisfying her in bed.

I just looked back at our Year End Awards to see what were some of the sillier things we did.

One guy made a music video of himself rapping which was hilarious (and pretty good too).

We riffed on the UFC chick stripping to make weight by having an overweight wrestler strip to his underwear but still couldnt make weight so they put up the towels and he stripped nude.

We had a guy who wore a strap-on under his gear and would open his fly, pull it erect and ram it into his opponent.  He later autographed the dildo for some hot American girls that happened to be staying in the hotel where the show was and thought it was the greatest thing they'd ever seen.

We had a guy who wanted to be an actor make a short film as a trailer for a movie called Babykiller where the plot was he would go back in time and kill murderers when they were babies.  It was pretty funny.

Really, a lot of stuff that sounds awful on paper but is funny in person.

By the way it's too simplistic to say fans flock to UFC from wrestling. Ufc does better on PPV. WWE does better on TV even at their historic lows currently. I believe www does better in licensing and merchandise. Licensing is actually down for wwe. Online sales are way up.

UFC does a better job at marketing their big fight. wWE does a better job at marketing their small fights. WWE does a way better job at marketing their talent though UFC has been reluctant to do certain things in that regard.

Can't you get Kenny Omega to fight more blow up dolls and toddlers?

Not really. Although I'm not sure when he fought a toddler.

Or are you just being a ****?

Kid looked five to me I'm not being an ass and found it funny.

Big fan of his work, way more entertaining then anything current in the WWE.

Didn't he fight an invisible opponent also?

A lot of stuff sounds awful on paper & is not funny in person. If that's funny, I'm out. No wonder wrestling fans are flocking to MMA & UFC.

Good thing you have a very limited understanding of wrestling and live performance.

Feel free to detail some things you've done so I can insult it. :)

I've watched wrestling for decades.I'm not the 'insider" like you but I know what I like & don't. Wanna talk AWA from the 60's?

By the way it's too simplistic to say fans flock to UFC from wrestling. Ufc does better on PPV. WWE does better on TV even at their historic lows currently. I believe www does better in licensing and merchandise. Licensing is actually down for wwe. Online sales are way up.

UFC does a better job at marketing their big fight. wWE does a better job at marketing their small fights. WWE does a way better job at marketing their talent though UFC has been reluctant to do certain things in that regard.

It's been well documented that millions of wrestling fans from the Attitude Era don't watch wrestling anymore. Raw's numbers are shrinking as you have told us. I am a wrestling fan.I don't like Japanese wrestling. It doesn't mean I don't like the business. I don't like matches like the little girl's as I want some semblance of believability when I watch. 

A lot of stuff sounds awful on paper & is not funny in person. If that's funny, I'm out. No wonder wrestling fans are flocking to MMA & UFC.

Good thing you have a very limited understanding of wrestling and live performance.

I've watched wrestling for decades.I'm not the 'insider" like you but I know what I like & don't. Wanna talk AWA from the 60's?

You're perfectly entitled to like what you like.

I wasnt alive in the 60's. We're you involved in wrestling back then? But for sure you can discuss it. I have some knowledge but not a lot. I wasn't into it til the 80's

Speaking of Bob Sapp. He's doing a "shoot" fight with Akebono in Japan.

Bob Sapp has had 2 real fights with Akebono in the past....  however Sapp has thrown his last 20 or so fights ... I would hope he would at least try against Akebono since he beat him up twice already.

What was hilarious was the amount of blatant racism they used to do with Sapp both in wrestling and K-1...  had him eating bananas with monkeys at the zoo was funny yet I somehow doubt it would fly in North America lol

You're perfectly entitled to like what you like.

I wasnt alive in the 60's. We're you involved in wrestling back then? But for sure you can discuss it. I have some knowledge but not a lot. I wasn't into it til the 80's

Speaking of Bob Sapp. He's doing a "shoot" fight with Akebono in Japan.

My point is, I respect your inside knowledge but don't dismiss someone & make them out to be totally stupid just because their version of taste is different from yours. I'm older & the generation gap is showing here but don't dismiss what I think as others feel the same. Which is what I think you're doing here.You're having a hard time getting your head around the fact that I & others didn't like the match even though you felt both were great workers & did all of these cool moves. I don't care what they did in the ring, I did find the match creepy & the girl was put in a dangerous position if a move backfired which has happened in the ring many times before. If I didn't like the match with the 9 year old there are lots of fans who didn't. Just like there are fans that did.

Sure. But your points are moot. Your opinion though. Mine is if you found it creepy then it's a you issue. Girls her age do gymnastics and other sports where she could be hurt. Young girls appear in film, TV shows and plays all the time.

Point being you're judging wrestling by a different standard. If it was a shoot then yes. But it's not.

Edit to add its not just differeing opinion if it's "my guys". I've been doing this for 15 years and knew omega since he was 17 so I'm passionate about wrestling and protective of my friends and ofcourse I have had to deal with many stereotypes and criticism over the years

But happy to discuss wrestling with fans!

If Omega had laid down right away for Hulk Hogan to get the 1, 2, 3 in a PPV like Jeff Jarrett did in 1995 at a WCW PPV would you still stand up for him because he is a friend? My point is wrestlers make bad choices all the time. All that match with the little girl did was convince millions of people that pro wrestling sucks. Why do you think Brock Lesnar gets so much heat? Because, he, the Undertaker & a few others look like they actually could brawl their way out of a bar fight vs 20 guys.

Fighting invisible men & kids just makes people laugh, not at the match but at the business. Just look at the last year of WCW & the stupid gimmicky stuff they did. Wrestling in a swimming pool, Santa climbing into the ring to fight. I remember all that ****. In WWE Adam Rose wrestling a bunny, so where is his career now? Buried on the roster. Most fans I think would be insulted watching a 9 year old defeat a 40 year old ring veteran or fighting an invisible man.

If Omega had laid down right away for Hulk Hogan to get the 1, 2, 3 in a PPV like Jeff Jarrett did in 1995 at a WCW PPV would you still stand up for him because he is a friend? My point is wrestlers make bad choices all the time. All that match with the little girl did was convince millions of people that pro wrestling sucks. Why do you think Brock Lesnar gets so much heat? Because, he, the Undertaker & a few others look like they actually could brawl their way out of a bar fight vs 20 guys.

Fighting invisible men & kids just makes people laugh, not at the match but at the business. Just look at the last year of WCW & the stupid gimmicky stuff they did. Wrestling in a swimming pool, Santa climbing into the ring to fight. I remember all that ****. In WWE Adam Rose wrestling a bunny, so where is his career now? Buried on the roster. Most fans I think would be insulted watching a 9 year old defeat a 40 year old ring veteran or fighting an invisible man.

You're judging an entire industry based on your perception.  The only reason we're discussing this is because of youtube.  The Omega match was for the Japanese audience which is very different from the American audience.  Should those promoters stop making money because it offends the senses of specific American wrestling fans?

The Undertaker isnt over because he looks like he could win a bar brawl.  In fact, I'd never put money on him winning any sort of real fight at this point.

Brock Lesnar doesnt move ratings one iota anymore. 

The most cartoony guy WWE has is John Cena and he's the top merchandise seller.

Daniel Bryan and CM Punk were the #2 merch sellers at various points and both are smaller-average looking guys.

Wrestling is a work.  Everything about it is a work.  If you had 25 Brock Lesnar's, then Brock Lesnar wouldnt be special.

And by the way, Jeff Jarrett laying down was a work.  Ofcourse I'd still be Omega's friend if the booker booked him to do that finish.  Jarrett would have looked awful had he refused and also opened WCW up to a lawsuit from Hogan (which was the end result anyway, but not due to anything Jarrett did).