Sure, why not. Whatever. WWE Network and Wrestlemania

Goalie

Is it a business or is it a hobby?   

I have zero years in wrestling but I am pretty sure that I could of drawn more then 20 people like some of the **** shows I went to.  Though the promoter and trainers had years and years in the "biz".

Quality is subjective,  the bad shows I went to the guys working thought it was WWE caliber...  

Just because one is in the business doesn't necessarily mean they know what they are doing or talking about. 

In fact sometimes when someone has been in the business for a long time they get close minded and distort the reality.  

And it wasn't me trying to insult you,  simply stating that just because you said you have done this for 15 years it doesn't really mean much.   

What do I have to do with the shitty shows you've seen? None

Ofcoirse experience matters. Does it mean every 15 year person is an expert? No but there's a better chance an experienced person knows more than an inexperienced person

This discussion is a result of you criticising me for supporting gay rights while being in the wrestling person. You spouted inaccurate facts about wrestling to support that. I corrected you and you're trying to change the subject.

It's readily apparent I am knowledgable about wrestling and I provided facts about guys like Adonis and Billy & Chuck.

If you wanted to have a serious discussion about the business/hobby debate of local wrestling that would be fine

But I don't think you do.

http://camelclutchblog.com/incredibly-talented-largely-forgotten-the-tale-of-adrian-adonis/

Read article and learn

“I’m gonna live the way I wanna live”, Adonis remarked. “I guess you would say I jumped out of the closet, and there was no brooms behind me”.

At first, it was reported that Adonis hated the gimmick, given the fact he had a wife and kids, and wanted to stay true to his tough guy gimmick. Some say it was McMahon punishing Adonis for his ballooning weight, and drug issues. Whatever the case, Adonis decided to turn chicken-you-know what into chicken salad.

Nowadays, gay rights groups would be enraged that such a gimmick was created. But this was still the mid-1980’s, and people were not as kind to gay folks. Whatever the reason, whether it was a threat to one’s masculinity, or the media coverage of the AIDS fear inside the gay community during that time, people weren’t as comfortable with homosexual lifestyles as they are now.

I listened to shoot interviews where other wrestlers said the same thing... was not a fan of the gimmick and it was a punishment.   

See also Dusty Rhodes with his hilarious polka dot outfit punishment.

Oh am I pushing your buttons? Lol Where in that quote does it say it was a punishment ?

Why do you keep arguing? You're welcome to an opinion. But you're wrong. Go back to arguing theo fleury is gay because he was assaulted as a kid

You're sense of "punishment" in wrestling is very simplistic. And generally wrong.

Sheamus is awful. 

Sheamus wasn't awful before his injury a year ago. he wasn't the best but he was liked. Then he came back as a heel & totally lost momentum. The problem with the MITB briefcase is wrestlers hold onto it for too long & fans lose interest. For Sheamus it's been nearly 6 months.

He was just the wrong guy to give the briefcase to. It should be someone the fans are behind or someone who would be interesting and different. He might be the first one that tries to cash in and gets boo'ed lol

There was a time WWE though he was their replacement for Cena. I think squashing Bryan was about the time he jumped the shark.

I think everyone is expecting Reigns or Ambrose to end up with the title, or maybe a guy like Lesnar or Cena if they can swing it.

But I would go in a totally different direction.  What's the biggest act in the WWE right now?  The New Day.  

Put the title on Big E.

New Day aren't ratings movers. They are a fun mid card act

The plan is Roman. It might change twenty times before survivor series but that's the plan right now

Id go with roman but turn him heel.

You think Roman is a ratings mover?  I don't.  It's time to do something different.

New Day aren't ratings movers. They are a fun mid card act

The plan is Roman. It might change twenty times before survivor series but that's the plan right now

Id go with roman but turn him heel.

You think Roman is a ratings mover? I don't. It's time to do something different.

Well to be fair no one is really a ratings mover right now. But Big E would just sink it even further. Champion has to have some legitimacy. Funny doesn't draw money (not always true but that's the expression).

I'm not a roman fan. But he's Vince's hand picked guy and was scheduled to win the title from seth at SS. So to deviate from that plan would require them coming up with a much better idea.

The best idea is paying Brock to come back and be champion. But I don't think they will. He's also on vacation in Alberta last I heard. They desperately need a top heel as well as a new champion. They have to accomplish a lot with whatever they do at SS

I was thinking about this.  Here is my fantasy booking:

Firstly, Ill assume we cant use Brock due to cost and contract.

And Ill assume Roman is the "the man" they want on top.

I'd do qualifying matches or whatever other lame way they want to make X amount of guys qualify for the tournament.  Realistically, I think I'd make it 6 former World Champions make it in (which eliminated Roman but that could still work).

So either Roman is one of the 6 or Daniel Bryan is one of the 6.  Lets just make it Roman.  Then have two WildCard spots, one for WWE guys and one for NXT guys (done on RAW to showcase NXT in front of a large crowd).  Have Bryan (or Roman if we reverse the two) win the WWE WildCard spot and Finn Balor win the NXT spot.

Finn needs to win the opening round to put over the NXT Champion (pehaps vs someone like Chris Jericho who could be a "surprise" entrant and former World Champion or Owens).  I'd have Baron Corbin or Samoa Joe attack Finn  post-match to "injure" him and get over the main NXT angle. In the semi-final a hurt Finn works either Roman or Bryan.  If it's Bryan its a 5 Star match where Bryan can shake his hand after and "endorse" him (could also lead to another attempt to attack where Bryan helps Finn leading to him doing an NXT special to juice the ratings and further endorse Finn as Bryan's guy).  If Finn works Roman, he's hurt and sympathetic (which will get people boo'ing Roman) and Roman subtly cheats or takes advantage of the injury to win.

Main even is Roman vs Bryan.  Crowd will be 100% on Bryan's side.  Roman turns heel, kills Bryan and wins the World title and in an interview reminicient of Survivor Series 98 with The Rock, he claims he never turned on the fans, the fans turned on him. 

Thusly, the tournament will have created a new top heel (Roman), a new top face (returning Bryan), a top feud to last til WrestleMania season (Roman vs Bryan), elevated NXT, showcased Finn to the masses and introduced two other NXT heels to the RAW audience.

The only problem with my plan is its ends up with good guys like Owens and Ambrose doing first round jobs.  But since they are programmed together right now, you could have them double eliminate each other, giving Roman a bye to the Finals (which is a subtle heel thing and saves on time).  So...

Roman vs ???

Owens vs Ambrose

Finn vs Jericho

Bryan vs ???

Roman Bye

Bryan vs FInn

Roman vs Bryan.

Saves the Bray Family vs Taker/Kane to stay on the show if they want to go that route.  If they want to save them, and if Roman turning heel makes him an Authority guy, you could go Bryan vs Bray in the opening round (history) and Kane vs Roman with Kane under "orders" to take him out, Wyatt family does some goofy supernatural attack on Kane (later revealed to be at the best of the Authority to protect Roman, again shades of SS 98).

Voila.

And none of that is going to happen.

does DDP do yoga? im curious what he helped with in this;

https://www.facebook.com/CubanSwagPapi/videos/907764135947674/

its a nice story just didnt know thats what hes into

You havent heard of DDP Yoga?  He might be more famous for his Yoga program than wrestling now.

Funny story, he's done Yoga for years and in WCW, the boys used to make fun of him for doing Yoga but now they arent laughing.  Jericho credited DDY Yoga with making it possible for him to return to the ring.  I think Regal did too.  And DDP basically saved the lives of Jake Roberts and Scott Hall.  There is an acclaimed documentary out about this actually:

Directed by Steve Yu, the documentary follows Jake Roberts as he moves in with fellow wrestling legend Diamond Dallas Page for an ambitious live-in rehab stint intended to save Roberts’ life. Page’s mixture of Yoga, accountability and relentless positivity are all primary tools employed with the hope of keeping Roberts clean and sober.

and:

In 2014, DDPYoga, Page’s lifestyle and exercise program, was featured on an episode of ABC’s Shark Tank. During his appearance, Page sought $200,000 from the sharks (investors) for a 5% stake, and noted DDPYoga profited $800,000 after paying himself and his staff. Although he did not receive any investments from the sharks, Page claimed the company generated $1 million in sales in the six days following the appearance.

Now was DDP a good guy or a weasel, I seem to remember Scott Steiner wanting to kill him back in WCW?

By all accounts a good guy.  Initially he had some heat because he was an older guy when he began in the business and wasnt very good but was a close friend of Eric Bischoff's.  So he got a push he didnt really deserve.  But he worked his ass off and became a top guy, lived up to his push.  He credits Randy Savage with putting him over the top.  Savage was a very giving worker and liked Page and put him over while having great matches with him.

As for the fight with Steiner, supposedly it started over DDP's wife.  Kimberly found some drugs backstage and accused Sunny of being the owner.  I dont think Sunny was well thought of and everyone assumed she'd relapse sooner or later.  Kimberly apparently went to WCW management who accused Sunny and made her take a drug test, which she passed.  Scott Steiner found out about this and was irate that Kimberly would do this and literally chased her out of the building (she never appeared again).

Then Scott cut a shoot promo on DDP on TV and the way I hear it, while this was going on, everyone backstage slowly turned and looked at Page.  Clearly he had to do something.  He waited for Scott to come through the curtain and confronted him.  The heated verbal exchange turned physical.  Page got Steiner in a front face lock/guillotine before it was broken up.  But Scott went nuts, shook off the other boys and went after Page.  He took Page down (Steiner was an NCAA wrestler) and battered him, even going after his eyes before it was finally broken up for good.

Page said his face looked like Freddy Kruger's when it was over.  But the boys respected Page for standing up for himself against a nut job like Steiner and actually holding his own in the altercation for a little while.

WWE has released the brackets for WORLD Championship tournament....ugh

Roman vs Big Show

Cesaro vs Shaemus

Del Rio vs Stardust

Kalisto vs Ryback

Titus vs Owens

Neville vs Barrett

Ziggler vs Miz

Ambrose vs Breeze

In other words, they arent even trying anymore.

Also pencil in Roman vs Ambrose (or Owens) for the final.

Good God what a joke WWE has become.