Do we make 3rd place?

BigBlue

Every team in the West got worse this offseason except Winnipeg and Edmonton. Winnipeg got significantly better. I'd rank the West now:

1. Calgary

2. Edmonton

3. Winnipeg

4. Saskatchewan

5. BC

Winnipeg could push for 2nd place, but right now I've got Edmonton ahead of us.

How are the Riders worse than last year? Serious question. Bombers are improved no question about it. A lot of moving pieces have been changed for u guys, to think 3rd is in reach is wishful thinking. I believe the Bombers are a playoff team that will be slow out of the blocks. Its gonna take time to come together. I see the Bombers as a 4th place team, and also think the stamps will be the team that struggles. Lost 2 all star lineman off that Oline.

The west is a toss up from first to last this year. Need to wait for free agency to progress more, IMO to determine predictions.

You are the first to say  "We will have to wait and see (I need more data)" :

Need to wait for free agency to progress more,

I wonder how many more think like this .... I know, we just can't help it

I don't - not right now. I'm hoping Drew comes back stronger. As for your riders - their Oline, which was weakened last year, has been decimated with the loss of Picard and Heenan. We saw how Durant, when not getting all day like he's used to, struggle and eventually got a serious (albeit flukey) injury - so yeah, the Riders, right now are worse. Granted there is a lot of player movement still to occur before training camp, but right now I'd say Wpg looks good for third too. And hosting the Grey Cup - the Bombers will spend over the cap - just like the Riders did when they hosted the cup. 

It totally depends on what team we field come Canada day. We don't know who's playing WIL, MAC or interior on our Dline..

I think if we land Curran and figure out how to get the best players on the dline without hiding a Canadian there then it's anyones guess who finishes 1-3. If we go with a weak dine and an unknown MLB.. could be a long season..

The west is a toss up from first to last this year. Need to wait for free agency to progress more, IMO to determine predictions.

Cornish is good but I want to see him get the yards w/o Jones and Bryant. IMO....he won't.

Lavertu is a stud. They won't skip a beat at center. Craighead's back at guard & Harrison is no slouch at tackle. He's started plenty of games in the past. The Stamps OL has lost some depth but their starting 5 is still very, very good. 

The health of Lulay will determine BC's record, big question mark imo, especially with that OL. How healthy is Reily in Edmonton? How does Durant do coming off injury? Has Winnipeg upgraded their OL and defense enough to make another jump forward? Outside of Calgary, there are big question marks about each team.

Cornish is good but I want to see him get the yards w/o Jones and Bryant. IMO....he won't.

Lavertu is a stud. They won't skip a beat at center. Craighead's back at guard & Harrison is no slouch at tackle. He's started plenty of games in the past. The Stamps OL has lost some depth but their starting 5 is still very, very good.

I don't care how good Lavertu is, he's not an equal replacement for Jones.

I'm telling you that while the Stampeders OL may not have the depth it had last season, the starting 5 will still be among the best if not the best in the CFL this season.

I'm telling you that while the Stampeders OL may not have the depth it had last season, the starting 5 will still be among the best if not the best in the CFL this season.

Every team in the West got worse this offseason except Winnipeg and Edmonton. Winnipeg got significantly better. I'd rank the West now:

1. Calgary

2. Edmonton

3. Winnipeg

4. Saskatchewan

5. BC

Winnipeg could push for 2nd place, but right now I've got Edmonton ahead of us.

How are the Riders worse than last year? Serious question. Bombers are improved no question about it. A lot of moving pieces have been changed for u guys, to think 3rd is in reach is wishful thinking. I believe the Bombers are a playoff team that will be slow out of the blocks. Its gonna take time to come together. I see the Bombers as a 4th place team, and also think the stamps will be the team that struggles. Lost 2 all star lineman off that Oline.

I was going to tell you to refer to the earlier responses to your posts in this thread Migs but they have been deleted along with the account you were using ... ;)

Every team has changed. As much as we want to believe it, we can't just say 6 wins plus Stanley Bryant = playoffs. We also can't say 9 wins minus Ben Heenan = a bad season for the Riders.

IMO Calgary and Edmonton will be the class of the league again. Between Sask, BC, and Winnipeg, its a toss up. It's going to be a very competitive season and the Bombers won't be handed anything.

I don't think that Edmonton is going to be a whole lot better than last year. We might as well concede first place to the Stamps, but after that, there are so many question marks about the other western teams that it is almost a craps shoot. BC has quarterback issues, Sask looks to be on the downslide, Edmonton has a lot of weak areas, and then there are the Bombers who are rebuilding once again. Third place for the Bombers is a definite possibility as long as Willy returns to form.

What separates BC from Sask & Winnipeg is their defense. Bighill & Elimimian are unbelievable. Riders to me are old. Chick, Brackenridge & others are over 30. Same on offense with Getzlaff & Durant. Bagg isn't the same player he used to be. They've not replaced the loss of Picard & Heenan. I think Riders are in for a struggle.