Brohm re-signs with Bombers

gbill2004

Good to hear. Now if we can just sign Curran.

I don't think we have any interest in Curran.
Bombers definitely have interest in Curran. Reports have the Bombers and Redblack in a bidding war for his services.
Reports aren't always accurate.
But you are?

No, but in this particular situation... Yes.

Bombers definitely have interest in Curran. Reports have the Bombers and Redblack in a bidding war for his services.
But you are?

What's your source?

But you are?

Ah, the "I have top secret information" routine.  Always helpful in a forum such as this.  Thanks for your input, it's most enlightening.

For what it's wroth, I just sent out a tweet to a couple of the WPG reporters regarding Curran and Sears, and promptly received a PM from one of the reporters saying 'Sears is a possibility but not to expect Curran'.

Again, for what it's worth.

Well that would sure suck.

Yeah, it would. I think it's a glaring issue for us, the LB group. Getting a guy like Curran or Peters, someone with experience goes a long way in solidifying a weak spot for the team. 

Which reporter responded back? Cuz i mean if it was Jim Toth or someone like that, not sure i'd take that very seriously. If it was Penton, maybe i would. He seems to be pretty in tune with what the bombers are doing. 

Darrin Bauming.

I like DB and take his word as the truth but.... sometimes these guys are just guessing too. 

Teams know how to use the media as a tool to push their agenda. Some of what they say is truthful, some of what they say is out there as a smokescreen because that's the message the front office wants out there, especially around FA time and draft time.

For example ... one "reporter said such and such in public" example in this thread is literally the exact opposite of what they said to me in private. And what they said in private happened.

For what it's worth, I was told by a couple people today that the Bombers are out on Curran.

EDIT - out on Curran could obviously mean if the price goes any higher. My guess is they've made their offer, it's not the highest offer but they'd still pay it if Curran opted to come here.