Barron Miles to join coaching staff

Mr. Perfect

For all the flack we give eachother about ragging on former Bombers on the way out the door, Rider fans are equally as bad, if not worse. Screw 'em.

If O'Shea and Hall think it's a good hire, I'll trust them.

No one is as bad as Rider fans. As much as this site is filled with the biggest homer Bomber fans in the world even we can't hold a candle to the sheer level of the mental gymnastics that the green ******* can manage. 

Miles seems to be a good pick up.  Whether or not he is a bad coach or good coach I think we need to give him a few months of coaching here before deciding that!  Just because they pushed him out the door in Regina doesn't mean he is a bad coach.  We all know how Chamblin likes to control things over there.  Maybe he didn't like something Miles was doing and instead of letting him fix it he stepped in and hired someone else.  The Rider secondary was pretty solid the last few years under him.  At least we think it was under him!

Miles seems to be a good pick up.  Whether or not he is a bad coach or good coach I think we need to give him a few months of coaching here before deciding that!  Just because they pushed him out the door in Regina doesn't mean he is a bad coach.  We all know how Chamblin likes to control things over there.  Maybe he didn't like something Miles was doing and instead of letting him fix it he stepped in and hired someone else.  The Rider secondary was pretty solid the last few years under him.  At least we think it was under him!

Pretty much a bang on assessment.

I've now heard from a few different sources that Miles isn't a good communicator. This hire does concern me a little.

Are any of those sources people who play football and have been coached by Miles?

Exactly. I have spoken to one of his former players and he did not have a bad word to say about Miles.

Rider fans after 2013:

Cortez is a genius that can produce offense at will

Rider fans after 2014:

Cortz is a joke with no creativity. He's the reason we struggles after DD got hurt.

Yeah... I don't put too much value in Rider fan opinions... especially when someone leave sask...

I'm not really concerned about the db coach and don't think it really impacts the team if he isn't vocal.

I'm pretty sure randle and leggett won't drop off in performance because miles is quiet

The bottom line is that Hall felt highly enough about him to hire him. He was under no obligation to do so. If Miles was a crap coach that disliked some of his players and needed his hand held, Hall would be the guy to know about this and wouldn't have hired him. Just ridiculous rumor mongering and finger pointing by some classless Rider fans.

They must be taking throwing people under the bus lessons for the master himself....Brendan Taman.

For all the flack we give eachother about ragging on former Bombers on the way out the door, Rider fans are equally as bad, if not worse. Screw 'em.

But O'Shea thought Etchevery was a good hire, so we will have to wait and see. We do have a good core group in the defensive backfield, though and some good and promising Canadian talent, so we are already on first base.

But O'Shea thought Etchevery was a good hire, so we will have to wait and see. We do have a good core group in the defensive backfield, though and some good and promising Canadian talent, so we are already on first base.

Etcheverry was about 5th on the list of who O'Shea wanted as a DC. From media reports O'Shea wanted to try to get Stubler, Washington, Steinauer and another before settling on Etch.