Walters on 1290 now

BigBlue

DE - Anderson - Turner - DE

Hurl/Newman - MLB - OLB

Bucknor - Johnson - Leggett - Washington - Randle

Would be my current guess.

That is the most common sense answer here. Likely lots of rotation still but that seems like the basis for a defence that puts people in the best position to succeed. 

we won't be starting two canadian linebackers...gauranteed!

I guess you know more than what Walters said

I can see "starting two canadian linebackers" quite nicely

Never said I do, but in all honesty in some things yes..yes I do know more than him...a lot, and some things he knows a lot more than me.

But we will not be starting 2 canadians at linebacker, good chance there may be none starting there.

And KW never even alluded to 2 starting linebackers. In all reality if we do start a Canadian at Will it is gonna more than likely be Newman or Sherman

The reality is that we don't have a single Canadian worth being a full time starter on defense right now.

What we have is a stockpile of Canadians who can take a limited and controlled amount of reps in order to manage the ratio via committee.

I'm sure we'll see Newman at WILL, Hurl at MAC, Thomas at DT, Sherman at S, Bucknor and Jones at the corner all taking meaningful reps this year. But not a single one of them will likely be asked (outside of MAYBE Bucknor) to be an every down player.

The reality is that we don't have a single Canadian worth being a full time starter on defense right now.

What we have is a stockpile of Canadians who can take a limited and controlled amount of reps in order to manage the ratio via committee.

I'm sure we'll see Newman at WILL, Hurl at MAC, Thomas at DT, Sherman at S, Bucknor and Jones at the corner all taking meaningful reps this year. But not a single one of them will likely be asked (outside of MAYBE Bucknor) to be an every down player.

I would say Bucknor proved he can start.

Would be nice to get one or more of our draft picks to come up here from the NFL.

I'm interested to see how Newman fits in now. Remember he left Saskatchewan because he wanted more playing time and they weren't going to give it to him. Of course Hall was the coordinator at the time. Two different teams and obviously different situations but I'm curious to see how Hall will use him. I could see Hurl grabbing a starting LB job and eating up most of the reps as our second Canadian on defence. I don't think Hall will be able to resist the prospect of having Turner and Anderson on the field together for most of the game, so Thomas will see less time this year.

Wondering if Newman and Hurl platoon at WIL? I really don't know enough about either one to say if this is a doable concept but this would potentially give us Canadians on both OLB spots if Sherman and someone else steps up. Personally, I'd rather put an international there and have Bucknor as CB again. hall wasn't against using a canadian in the secondary either if memory serves..