Chris Matthews out 4-6 weeks, Pierce or Hall to start Saturday

Mr. Perfect

I don't get the hysteria over Buck. Let me ask you this. If they start Buck and he wins will you still never buy a ticket? I mean get a grip.

Respectfully, I strongly disagree. To be honest, I don't care if Buck wins us 5 games in a row. We are 1-6!!! Buck is not the future, and even if he weren't so injury prone the guy just cannot play like he used to. The offence has NEVER been good with Buck at the helm, its just a waste of time. I would rather lose games and run with a guy who can hopefully win consistently in the future than putting buck back in, getting hurt for what the 10th time as a bomber, and letting the qb carousel start all over again.

I think I have a grip... I like Buck as a competitor as much as the next guy but man this is like dejavu over and over again. Buck's career is over and somehow he manages to sneak his way back in.

One more loss this week means Buck starts for a team that much closer to not making the playoffs.  I want Hall to win but he won't.  It's like Nero fiddling while Rome burned.  By the time they go back to the veteran, the season will be lost.  Even worse, if Hall is "okay", they release Buck the following week and then Hall stinks it up.

I dont know...not a fan of the move.  Ti-Cats are going to be salivating at Hall's floaters.

One more loss this week means Buck starts for a team that much closer to not making the playoffs.  I want Hall to win but he won't.  It's like Nero fiddling while Rome burned.  By the time they go back to the veteran, the season will be lost.  Even worse, if Hall is "okay", they release Buck the following week and then Hall stinks it up.

I dont know...not a fan of the move.  Ti-Cats are going to be salivating at Hall's floaters.

The season is already lost! They're 1-6, Hamilton is basically uncatchable now after losing 2 games to them, they've fired the CEO, the GM, the OC, the HC is probably not far away from being fired as well... How is the season NOT over already? Oh sure technically they have a chance to put some wins together and get into a playoff position over Montreal, but come on, if they can't even get things going at home against Hamilton what makes you think they can do anything else? Years a write off already because of the decision to stick with Pierce. 

After listening to MB's press conference and tonight's coaches show, I'm pretty confident we see Pierce start this weekend.  MB noted that a qb can still be developed at #2 through increased reps in practice, which made me think he was laying the groundwork for Pierce to take back the job.

Burke said on his show that he thinks Crowton liked Hall for the job b/c he had the best understanding of the American style offense he was running. That sounds to me like they don't think he's the best fit to run MB's new CFL style offense.

Shhhhh.......... it doesn't work that way around here. Don't you know, the only way to develop a QB is for him to take starters reps, wtf does MB know anyways.

After listening to MB's press conference and tonight's coaches show, I'm pretty confident we see Pierce start this weekend.  MB noted that a qb can still be developed at #2 through increased reps in practice, which made me think he was laying the groundwork for Pierce to take back the job.

Burke said on his show that he thinks Crowton liked Hall for the job b/c he had the best understanding of the American style offense he was running. That sounds to me like they don't think he's the best fit to run MB's new CFL style offense.

Shhhhh.......... it doesn't work that way around here. Don't you know, the only way to develop a QB is for him to take starters reps, wtf does MB know anyways.

Enough to go with Max Hall as starter this week. Is it possible that his comment referred to Goltz still being able to develop via increased reps in practice?

Maybe once he really got to extensively go through 2013 game film, he realized that even all things being equal, Pierce doens't give us the best chance to win.