Chris Greaves signs extension

Mr. Perfect

Another good signing.  How much 2014 Cap space did we have left?

a ) All used up a while ago, and this is just 2015 money.

b ) The space between the floor and cap is about $350k, so maybe this is the end of it.

c ) We were well below the cap this year and some of these signings will help us get past the minimum and meet requirements.

Any one of these 3 options is realistically possible.  I have never heard Walters suggest one way or the other where this team falls on cap space this year.

He's identifying players he wants here going forward and wrapping them up now.  Huge thumbs up.  Now we just hope he's identifying the right players.

You can't complain about re-upping a Canadian O-linemen, but Greaves is one guy we need to see improvement from. It seems like he's just been okay his entire tenure here, it would be nice to see him develop a little more and take that next step. Although, he's probably been better than what we originally expected from a defensive linemen to begin with.

Great news for the o line and a guy you want for continuity. Underrated and certainly will shine brighter when we add some fa talent (hopefully).

I like the signing.  I also don't know what to make of it, big picture-wise.

The Oline needs to be better; almost no one would dispute that.  But the pieces we have now...when you break it down, what are the moves that make the line better?  Some might argue about Neufeld, but from what I've seen his health is the concern, not the level of play when he's healthy.  I consider Morley to have had a good season, and we used the second overall pick this year to draft his future replacement.  And here we are lauding the Greaves signing.  Jace Daniels?  Lots of us think he can be our next left tackle.

So where does that leave us?  We just need one player to make this unit better than the 71(?) sack-surrendering squad it was this season?  That doesn't add up to me.

I don't have an answer here, it's just something stuck in my head - there has to be more than one of these guys that aren't keepers when you're last in the league in sacks surrendered.

Great news for the o line and a guy you want for continuity. Underrated and certainly will shine brighter when we add some fa talent (hopefully).

The Oline needs to be better; almost no one would dispute that.  But the pieces we have now...when you break it down, what are the moves that make the line better?  Some might argue about Neufeld, but from what I've seen his health is the concern, not the level of play when he's healthy.  I consider Morley to have had a good season, and we used the second overall pick this year to draft his future replacement.  And here we are lauding the Greaves signing.  Jace Daniels?  Lots of us think he can be our next left tackle.

So where does that leave us?  We just need one player to make this unit better than the 71(?) sack-surrendering squad it was this season?  That doesn't add up to me.

I don't have an answer here, it's just something stuck in my head - there has to be more than one of these guys that aren't keepers when you're last in the league in sacks surrendered.

I think it's a good signing in the sense that now we have the control of a Canadian asset.

I wouldn't be disappointed if a player stole Greaves' job from him though.

I think it's a good signing in the sense that now we have the control of a Canadian asset.

I wouldn't be disappointed if a player stole Greaves' job from him though.

We shouldn't be concerned if any player loses his job to someone better. The team is not so rich in talent that we do not need to improve.

Another timely signing by the Big Blue.

Every time one of our player is extended like this, it has a beneficial, kinda 'pay it forward' effect on our future rosters.

These guys won't have to be a worry in the near future, allowing us to concentrate on a different set of players next year, and that will, again push it forward into the future.

A very good way to separate sets of players for years and work on the year-to-year players.

If properly managed it should keep a bulk of the guys you want under contract and not have to face a whole group of potential signees at the same time.

And playing with, what probably is, this year's money. (at least I hope so)

2014 was a unique year for signings and roster planning, what with an expansion team coming in.

But 2015 is shaping up to be an extraordinary year with what looks like an unprecedented number of FAs that are going to get to Free Agency in the new CBA world of CFL football.

That all be the next phase of continuing to put together a roster that can win consistently.

I like what I see so far.

Good depth signing.. If he doesn't have to start that is.. Tho, if we sandwich him between a monster tackle and goosen if he's ready, he could be solid..

Regardless, he isn't someone we should be letting walk.. We need all the canadian talent we can get!