What is the deal with the Grey Cup ticket pricing

Mike

I just got my renewal notice in the mail

My seat is a P6 season ticket ... so $342 per seat for season tickets. It qualifies as a "premium" Grey Cup ticket (second highest tier) for $299 IF I commit for 3 years.

Seems normal enough. Then I look at the P5 tickets. They're more money than my season tickets ... yet they're the lowest tier for Grey Cup and are $100 cheaper. P4 tickets ($140/seat more than mine for season tickets) are $50 cheaper for some sections of the Grey Cup seating chart.

How the hell did they determine this stuff?

Grey Cup tickets seem obscene this year.  $400 for the P6 seats are ludicrous.   Endzone tickets in BC are $150.   Do you have a list of the associated tickets/pricing?  It looks like they FINALLY came to their senses and dropped the endzone ticket pricing for the regular season.   I can't renew mine for three years because I'm not even sure where I'll be living then.. soooo great knowing we'll have to play inflated GC pricing.

I have a hard time justifying $300 for my Grey Cup seat.  Only way would be if the Bombers were in it, but can't plan that in advance.

The group that I have season tickets with went through this argument as well.  We ended up buying because it would be horrible if the Bombes were in the game and we didn't have our seats.  If the Bombers don't make it and we decide to not to go and try to sell, we'll split whatever seats we can sell as we are a group of 3.

Hate to say this, but if the Bombers aren't in the Grey Cup next year, best case scenario is that SK get in to up demand for tickets.