Hufnagel announces 2015 will be his last as HC; Dickenson to take over in 2016

TBieber

Planing ahead...  Good grief...  wish we could do that    lol

Looks good on Huf forsure 

Well, seeing as they hold the Calgary organization, as a model for the Bombers org. to aspire to, I guess you are getting your wish.

And that's why we've put into place, perhaps our best scouting dept. ever. - planning ahead.

Well, seeing as they hold the Calgary organization, as a model for the Bombers org. to aspire to, I get you are getting your wish.

And that's why we've put into place, perhaps our best scouting dept. ever. - planning ahead.

That may be ... but i still think we need to upgrade our OC n DC tho.

Well, seeing as they hold the Calgary organization, as a model for the Bombers org. to aspire to, I get you are getting your wish.

Best scouting department ever? How so? Because Walters said it is?

I'll believe it when I see the results. I'm not saying it's not the best ever but I haven't seen anything yet that makes me think it is anywhere close to deserving that title. Moe Leggett was a good pickup. Bruce Johnson and Paris Cotton are decent players. Beyond that? I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Somewhat surprised he didn't retire from HC and go out on top, but he has a good chance next year as well.

I'm interested to see how this plays out for Dickenson. 

As Benevides found out sometimes following your mentor doesn't always work out well. Now Dickenson is set up for success with Mitchell at QB, but he will also face a lot higher expectations than he did if he had gone to one of the many franchises that were interested in him.

I'll believe it when I see the results. I'm not saying it's not the best ever but I haven't seen anything yet that makes me think it is anywhere close to deserving that title. Moe Leggett was a good pickup. Bruce Johnson and Paris Cotton are decent players. Beyond that? I guess we'll have to wait and see.

That's what the "perhaps" is for.

Maybe I would have been safer to say…the most complete scouting dept. ever.

Of course we'll have to wait for results, but if you don't put the people out there to begin with…ya ain't going to get nutin'.

Suffice to say it doesn't negate what I was saying about the org. trying to put people in place to make the org. better than ever.

Planing ahead... Good grief... wish we could do that lol

Bryant and Kelly like the scouting dept.

Pretty funny. Shivers had announced his last season was forth coming as GM and Danny Barrett was going to take over. Well they tanked it Shivers got run out of town and Barrett didn't become the GM.

Yeah but the Riders talent base was this wide & that thin.... Besides a smart ass attitude by both Barrett & Shivers did them in. 

Pretty funny. Shivers had announced his last season was forth coming as GM and Danny Barrett was going to take over. Well they tanked it Shivers got run out of town and Barrett didn't become the GM.

Yeah but the Riders talent base was this wide & that thin.... Besides a smart ass attitude by both Barrett & Shivers did them in. 

Not to mention Nealon Greene and whoever they were trying to turn into a QB.

Not to mention Nealon Greene and whoever they were trying to turn into a QB.

Funny story. In 2003 I took my son who was 12 at the time to the Washington State football camp in June that year. I was watching a drill with the qbs as my son was part of it but with kids his own age. A qb fumbled the ball running when he got hit & one of the American college coaches started yelling, "Nealon Greene. Nealon Greene. Just like Nealon when he fumbles." For a CFL fan & one who can't stand the Riders that was both a funny & precious moment for me. 

I think John Hufnagel did this knowing that if he didn't step aside Dave would leave. It's not like Huff to string anyone along so I think this was a compromise. I'm sure Hufnagel wants to get 100 regular season wins as a CFL HC. He's at 92 now so he should reach that mark by Labour Day next year. if  he wins another Grey Cup all the sweeter. I think Wally was going to make Dave an offer he couldn't refuse especially if he wouldn't tell Dickenson when he'd be retiring so Huff acted on it.

I think John Hufnagel did this knowing that if he didn't step aside Dave would leave. It's not like Huff to string anyone along so I think this was a compromise. I'm sure Hufnagel wants to get 100 regular season wins as a CFL HC. He's at 92 now so he should reach that mark by Labour Day next year. if  he wins another Grey Cup all the sweeter. I think Wally was going to make Dave an offer he couldn't refuse especially if he wouldn't tell Dickenson when he'd be retiring so Huff acted on it.

I think that is probably pretty accurate.

Dickenson has had multiple opportunities in recent years to interview for head coaching jobs and has passed on them.  If he's trying to push his way up he's not pushing very hard.  It seems like he's more than happy preparing to succeed as a first time head coach instead of the standard sink-or-swim approach most coaches get.