Around the CFL Offseason Discussion

Mike

Peters would also be a nice pickup. I like Curran better, but we can't control how stupid Marcel might get.

Exactly. Walters offers $150k. Desjardins probably counters at $350k.
Aside from reading Rider forum's why do people have this impression of Desjardins?

The Bomber's won 5 free agent auctions, did they pay too much? After all they beat Ottawa all 5 times.

Taman has the highest paid Canadian receiver by a mile, Popp has highest paid receiver and Wally is paying huge for a pair of LB's yet Desjardins is the only GM ruining the league with out of this world contracts? I don't get it.

Can't say for sure as there's no evidence that Desjardins was after any of the players that the Bombers signed. Ottawa signed SirVincent Rogers before the Bombers signed Bryant so it looks like he was their priority for Import O-lineman. Some comments from Walters suggested that this was also the Bombers grading of the two. Anyone know what $$ Rogers signed for?

Heard Rogers got $140k per season. Bryant got $160k. Rogers was seen as more attractive if the two because of perceived value. In my opinion Walters ended up getting amazing value from Bryant.

I honestly wouldn't of complained if we paid 200K for Bryant.

Yeah totally agreed.

I had the expectation of 200k, and coming below that seemed like a huge steal to me...

I'd be totally fine with Nik Lewis in Blue and Gold... as a full back.

He's too breakable to play FB... but I get what you're saying. 

I hope we got the "sign a declining veteran for leadership" thing out of our system with Korey Banks.  Some guys who lead with their play, have nothing to lead with when their play tapers off.

I'd be totally fine with Nik Lewis in Blue and Gold... as a full back.

He's too breakable to play FB... but I get what you're saying.

I hope we got the "sign a declining veteran for leadership" thing out of our system with Korey Banks. Some guys who lead with their play, have nothing to lead with when their play tapers off.

Agreed. Unless it's for the league minimum, I want nothing to do with Lewis.

I see, it does make more sense now I suppose.

Holding a grudge because Henry isn't on the Bomber's will never make sense to me though :)

Ottawa entered week one of the season last year without any kickers on their roster.

He's just really bad at his job.

Holding a grudge because Henry isn't on the Bomber's will never make sense to me though :)

It is not a grudge about that at all. He is just a bad GM who does stupid things.

Has ridden Popp's name to two GM spots now, somehow.

I don't think you would find one person who would take Burris over Willy. He did us a favour.

Sooooo Al Bundy a redblacks fan? Only reason why I can see anyone defending dejarcrazy. The guy tries (and fails) to fix all of his problems by throwing gobs of money around... This has been proven at every place he has been a GM.. this and failure..

Peters would also be a nice pickup. I like Curran better, but we can't control how stupid Marcel might get.

Exactly. Walters offers $150k. Desjardins probably counters at $350k.
Aside from reading Rider forum's why do people have this impression of Desjardins?

The Bomber's won 5 free agent auctions, did they pay too much? After all they beat Ottawa all 5 times.

Taman has the highest paid Canadian receiver by a mile, Popp has highest paid receiver and Wally is paying huge for a pair of LB's yet Desjardins is the only GM ruining the league with out of this world contracts? I don't get it.

Can't say for sure as there's no evidence that Desjardins was after any of the players that the Bombers signed. Ottawa signed SirVincent Rogers before the Bombers signed Bryant so it looks like he was their priority for Import O-lineman. Some comments from Walters suggested that this was also the Bombers grading of the two. Anyone know what $$ Rogers signed for?
Heard Rogers got $140k per season. Bryant got $160k. Rogers was seen as more attractive if the two because of perceived value. In my opinion Walters ended up getting amazing value from Bryant.

I honestly wouldn't of complained if we paid 200K for Bryant.

Yeah totally agreed.

I had the expectation of 200k, and coming below that seemed like a huge steal to me...

I'm still stunned how we got Bryant for barely more then Rogers.. Or January for that matter.. Does Walters dabble in the force? "this is the contract you want to sign.."

I'm still stunned how we got Bryant for barely more then Rogers.. Or January for that matter.. Does Walters dabble in the force? "this is the contract you want to sign.."

I think it's more a case of two GMs trying to outsmart themselves trying to target the guy they think might be the deal and upping the price of him but when the dust settles the better guy doesn't cost a hell of a lot more. 

I think it's more a case of two GMs trying to outsmart themselves trying to target the guy they think might be the deal and upping the price of him but when the dust settles the better guy doesn't cost a hell of a lot more.

Which is mind bottling, don't you think? Opposite of all known FA battles for a top notch player that I can think of..

I fully expected 200k+ and am still baffled how he came in under that.... Significantly so..

Which is mind bottling, don't you think? Opposite of all known FA battles for a top notch player that I can think of..

I fully expected 200k+ and am still baffled how he came in under that.... Significantly so..

Boggling.

Boggling.

Uh.. No... Its bottling..

Blades of Glory (2/10) Movie CLIP - Team Van Waldenberg (2007) HD: http://youtu.be/0DFBoLZC3Bw

Ottawa entered week one of the season last year without any kickers on their roster.

Is that true? I don't remember. How can that be? You mean no punters, no field goal kickers? There is a heck of a lot of kicking in CFL. Bad kicking sets a team back. 

Is that true? I don't remember. How can that be? You mean no punters, no field goal kickers? There is a heck of a lot of kicking in CFL. Bad kicking sets a team back.

The RedBlacks had a bye for week 1. They had Brett Maher on the roster for their first game.

As many times as the mind bottling joke comes up it still amazes me that it needs explained every time.

The mind bottling joke has come up before?

Going on fourth or fifth time now.. Well, maybe third or fourth..,

But,multiple instances of it have occurred..

@PentonKirk: ESPN reports former #Bombers DE Phillip Hunt will sign with the Detroit Lions. He had been talking to #CFL teams.

Hunt may have been faster off the line than even his buddy Odell, more powerful too.  Not sure how the injuries have affected him, but yeah would have been nice to see him back in town. 

• 2 weeks later...