Trestman's NFL time ending it looks like

USABomberfan

http://player.radio.com/listen/station/670-the-score

Bears fans are getting extremely angry with him, so much that the **** has hit the fan in Chicago.  In honesty, they probably didn't follow much of his CFL legacy to know the respectable person he is and I feel bad that he's getting dumped on that bad, but man.

I don't know that he's gonna come back to the CFL, but if nobody else in the NFL takes him, it could happen.

There are larger problems with the Bears than Trestman. I've never been a big fan of Jay Cultler and his lack of leadership. Not exactly the type of QB that Trestman has been used to working with.

The Packers spanking the Bears today aside, I think that Trestman's not in hot water yet.

TrueBlue, on 10 Nov 2014 - 01:50 AM, said:

There are larger problems with the Bears than Trestman. I've never been a big fan of Jay Cultler and his lack of leadership. Not exactly the type of QB that Trestman has been used to working with.

The Packers spanking the Bears today aside, I think that Trestman's not in hot water yet.

I didn't either, but listen to that link I posted on there and I'm telling you, those Bear fans and radio hosts are barbecuing him with no mercy.  It's sad, but those Chicago fans are brutal.

Cutler is a coach killer. It happened with Shanahan, it happened with Smith and it's happening again. Damn shame he's taking down a coach like Trestman. The fact that Chicago extended his contract in the off-season speaks to the idiocy of the G.M. The current situation is not reflective of Trestman, but that being said he's likely going to be fired.

Yeah that is too bad, Jay Cutler is like a tumor, and the Bear fans are angry with their owners and GM over that 22 million dollar contract signing he got, which is 5 million more than what the Packers pay Rodgers.  And you can't blame them, he has lost his own team and the **** has hit the fan there.

What's really angering bear fans though, and this is what they're saying is that Trestman keeps saying this team is having good weeks of practice and it seems like it's happening every week, but now for 2 weeks in a row or something like that the Bears defense, which has been regarded as one of the toughest in the NFL throughout its existence, has given up 50 plus points in both of those games.  And that pretty much set the bear fans over the edge, inasmuch as they were saying they wanted Trestman fired in their own words "Tomorrow".  And, when the media gets that crazy about bagging you, that's a very bad sign.  And I literally heard Bear fans talk about showing up in that stadium with bags on their heads, which is something that has never been said among those fans ever that I recall.

Personally, I would hope that Trestman could get it turned around, but the way those players are acting and doing their thing, they've tuned him out.  It's gotten to a point where some of their veterans have taken that point.  How things have gotten this bad so fast for him, I don't know, but I think it's a couple of things.

I love Trestman as a coach personally, the legacy he built in his time up here in the CFL is amazing, and he deserves to keep on coaching, he's a great man and I loved seeing what he did even as a bomber fan for that Alouettes offense.  If he ever came back up to Canada again, I think he should get another coaching gig, specifically if things ended with Campbell in Ottawa next year, I think he'd do a good job getting that organization on track.  But I do think one small thing he did wrong, and this doesn't detract anything, but I know when Reinebold came aboard with Montreal a few years back their good defense kind of went to crumbs.  1 thing he has not done a good job of in Chicago is maintain a good defense.  Last year, after the Bears were plagued with bad offense, Trestman came in and elevated the game there, fans were happy with what they saw in that department, but their defense which had been highly ranked under Lovie Smith fell down a few notches.  They signed Jared Allen and Lamar Houston this last offseason but that apparently has done nothing to fix it.  So his defensive issues seem to have caught up with him a little bit lately.

I also wonder, and I know he's had plenty of history in the NFL and isn't a stranger to the culture there, but I wonder if it's just that Chicago has its own culture that he just simply does not understand or is able to connect with the players with.  They say they feel like he's a smart guy but they feel he's not connecting.  That's about the gist of what I'm getting.

I think Bears biggest problem is on the D. Poor coaching? Poor schemes? Lack of discipline?  

I think you have to look at one thing. Talent. The Bears don't have enough of it. 

Is a quote from someone??? Cuz it's just plain wrong... Cutler, Forte, Bennett, Marshall, Jeffery.... they have some of the best offensive weapons in the NFL...

Defence is a different story though...

Speaking as a Bears fan ..

I've never been a fan of Jay Cutler.  His demeanor.  His leadership.  His inconsistency.  He's just not one of those elite talents.   That said, he's easily the best quarterback the Bears have had in ages and I feel that, offensively, they don't do enough to take advantage of the weapons that they have.  When you've got guys who are: 6'3, 6'4, 6'6 (Jeffrey, Marshall and Bennett) and arguably the best all purpose back in the NFL and you are still struggling ..

The defensive side of the ball is a hot mess and Mel Tucker simply has to go (though Phil Emery hasn't done that team any favors with his drafting and he's been hit and miss in the FA game).  They are soft against the run.  Have piss poor safety play.   Do not have that presence at middle linebacker that Bears teams have always had (and is ill suited to play in a Tampa-2).  The defense is bad.  Epically bad.

Not going to get into this further (because this isn't a Bears forum) but I'll simply say this.  When a team comes out and lays a deuce like they did .. against a division rival .. after a bye week .. it's on the coaches.  Plain and simple.

I think you have to look at one thing. Talent. The Bears don't have enough of it. 

Is a quote from someone??? Cuz it's just plain wrong... Cutler, Forte, Bennett, Marshall, Jeffery.... they have some of the best offensive weapons in the NFL...

How is Cutler on that list of "offensive weapons"?  He's an average QB at best.  I don't know why they're paying him that much money for playing so mediocre.

With the exception of Cutler, you took the words right out of my mouth.

So,how am I wrong then? It always comes down to talent. Whether it's on both sides of the ball or in just one aspect of the team. 

gbill2004, on 10 Nov 2014 - 04:39 AM, said:

Trestman will be fired as head coach of the Bears but he'll stick around in the NFL as an OC. At least that's my prediction.

Yeah, even on that post-game show I was listening on, they say he talks like he's a decent coordinator, in the words of Chicago Bears fans, some of which even admitted "he knows football" but were saying whatever messages he seems to be trying to get as a head coach to the players are not getting there.

I guess where I as a fan know what he can do, you just wonder why it is that he was able to connect with the players in Montreal when he was here, because obviously he did and his philosophies and the way he ran the team there resonated well with those players, but obviously they aren't working in Chicago.  Is it more that it's just such a huge cultural difference between the two leagues and in specific the city of Montreal?  I mean no question the environments between the two leagues and definitely between the two cities are hugely different.  But is it that, or is it just more that some of these players who Lovie Smith was able to control fairly well or at least somewhat manage, have just gotten out of control and just never wanted to back Trestman from the moment he came in?  I mean, I've never seen all the insides of a coach and players locker room, but I gotta believe in order for a coach to succeed regardless of what he knows or what he's like that the players have to be supporting him to give him a chance, and it seems like right now they are unwilling to do that period, and that can't all be blamed on Marc, those players make conscious choices to do that or not.

I know everyone loves to hate Jay Cutler, but how in the world is it on him that they've allowed over 50 points in two straight games??

Cutler is an average to slightly above average quarterback, and if you look at other salaries in the league he actually makes about what he should, believe it or not.  Their defense has been historically bad for two years now.

I know everyone loves to hate Jay Cutler, but how in the world is it on him that they've allowed over 50 points in two straight games??

Cutler is an average to slightly above average quarterback, and if you look at other salaries in the league he actually makes about what he should, believe it or not.  Their defense has been historically bad for two years now.

It's not "on him", but he's not excluded either.  It's not like they're losing in a shootout, part of the reason they're getting slaughtered is the offence is doing nothing.

As a Packers fan, the Bears problems are all thumbs up over here.

I'd be kind of disappointed if the Bears move on from Cutler.  Partly because it's easier to beat them if they stay status quo, but also because Cutler is like a cartoon character brought to life.  Watching him slouch expressionless on the bench in his toque and parka, that's good stuff right there.

If I'm the Bears, maybe I'm looking at moving Cutler for a first round pick to some other disaster team like the Jets if I can.

But I'm not.  Don't change a thing.