Rookie: McCoil - over Johnson, Cunningham, LeGree and Hajrullaju

my guess for the West Outstanding Players will be:

Outstanding Player: Bowman - over Elimimian, Cornish, Chick and Willy

Defensive Player: Elimimian - over  Willis, Chick, Lemon and Leggett

Special Teams: Hajrullaju - over Lacey, Jackson, Maver,and McCallum

Canadian: Cornish - over Lumbala, Steele, Foley and Hajrullaju

Offensive Lineman: Jones - over Olafioye, Rottier, Picard and January

Cornish just missed too many games.  Foley might seem like a toad, but it's been a pretty good year for him.

Hajrullahu wasn't a unanimous choice for the Canadian award.  I wonder who else got considered.  Kohlert?

my guess for the West Outstanding Players will be:

Outstanding Player: Bowman - over Elimimian, Cornish, Chick and Willy

Defensive Player: Elimimian - over  Willis, Chick, Lemon and Leggett

Special Teams: Hajrullaju - over Lacey, Jackson, Maver,and McCallum

Canadian: Cornish - over Lumbala, Steele, Foley and Hajrullaju

Offensive Lineman: Jones - over Olafioye, Rottier, Picard and January

Cornish just missed too many games.  Foley might seem like a toad, but it's been a pretty good year for him.

Hajrullahu wasn't a unanimous choice for the Canadian award.  I wonder who else got considered.  Kohlert?

I'm wavering back and forth, but I think I disagree with this. Considering the time that he was in, what Cornish was able to do was pretty outstanding. Foley had a good year, but I wouldn't consider it award-winning. 

I also have a hard time accepting Bowman as MOP. He, Elimimiam, Cornish, Chick and Willy all had great seasons, but Elimimian is the only one whose play didn't tail off midseason. He's my front-runner.  

I'm baffled by the January pick.  He didn't look all that good this season, possibly due to nagging injuries or age.  On the other hand Morley was solid at centre, something which was noticed by people around the league, not just here in Winnipeg.  So why January?  Did he win on name recognition alone?  I know the Oline was shaky most of the season but I feel Morley should get some props for his play this year.  

Speaking of baffling Sask picked Picard as their outstanding Olineman.  I can't claim to have paid close attention to the Rider Oline performance this year (except when they held errr I mean played us :lol:) but isn't he acknowledged as their weakest Olineman, especially in pass protection?  

The nomination for Drew Willy just shows how in high regard Willy is considered.

His numbers, under the circumstances, and his resolve, is truly amazing.

Geez, his play suffered in the 2nd half, and is to blame for our poor offence.

Or is it the other way around?

As to Glen January. 

Some fans figured he was dragging his asp into what could be his last season, but recent talks about January revealed he graded out vey well in his role this year, and that injuries played a part in his….downward spiral.

Glen January was not as good this year as last, and if continuing owies played a part in that, he deserves an invite to training camp. That said, he has more of his career behind him than in front of him, and we need to begin grooming a replacement.

Pretty sure that replacement is Jace Daniels.

I blame January's chronic back issues for his inconsistent play this year. If it's a serious thing, then I'm worried for him, but if they're able to fix his  back, there's no reason to believe he couldn't be back next year and play much better....

I didn't think January had that great of a year but... if there is one part of football which i really don't feel comfortable about with my knowledge, it would definitely be the OLINE.

Think Unless we actually know what's supposed to happen and all this stuff as it pertains to the OLINE, then really we as fans have absolutely very little clue, you are gonna have people here tho who claim to know it all when it comes to everything, Be the first to admit tho that when it comes to OLINE, i'm not sure . 

Think it's really easy to say January didn't look good but maybe he didn't look good cuz of things other guys were doing or not doing. It's hard to say.

Perhaps his back is injured cuz he was the guy actually carrying the oline for the most part? 

I didn't think January had that great of a year but... if there is one part of football which i really don't feel comfortable about with my knowledge, it would definitely be the OLINE.

Think Unless we actually know what's supposed to happen and all this stuff as it pertains to the OLINE, then really we as fans have absolutely very little clue, you are gonna have people here tho who claim to know it all when it comes to everything, Be the first to admit tho that when it comes to OLINE, i'm not sure . 

Think it's really easy to say January didn't look good but maybe he didn't look good cuz of things other guys were doing or not doing. It's hard to say.

Perhaps his back is injured cuz he was the guy actually carrying the oline for the most part? 

I know if I had to carry the whole OLine, my back would hurt.

Glen January was not as good this year as last, and if continuing owies played a part in that, he deserves an invite to training camp. That said, he has more of his career behind him than in front of him, and we need to begin grooming a replacement.

Pretty sure that replacement is Jace Daniels.

Agreed. I thought he was easily the best of all the import O-linemen we tried out this year.

Morley really tailed off in the second half of the season.  Blocking got worse, snaps got worse (although I don't think he ever botched one so bad that it went over Willy's head or anything).  I would have given MOL to Chris Greaves, he was by far our most consistent OL.

Fine with the Willy pick, he was our MOP without question.

Yeah gotta agree with the post above, Greaves for sure. When he was injured our oline really struggled to replace him. Tells me he's more valuable than some seem to realize.

Also have to agree about the snaps getting worse, I dunno maybe it was just me and apparently another person but... Did tend to notice that Morleys snaps really weren't all that sharp at all, Nope Atomic is right, none ever flew over Willys head but i do recall several every game that fluttered  back there, at times, it seemed like a guy was in DW's face the second the snap arrived tho. Watching some of the other centers around the league, Have to admit when they snapped the ball back to their QB, those snaps had some mustard on them. Coming in almost spiral like for the most part, with Morley, thought they were more like watching Max Hall pass, wounded ducks. 

Yeah gotta agree with the post above, Greaves for sure. When he was injured our oline really struggled to replace him. Tells me he's more valuable than some seem to realize.

Also have to agree about the snaps getting worse, I dunno maybe it was just me and apparently another person but... Did tend to notice that Morleys snaps really weren't all that sharp at all, Nope Atomic is right, none ever flew over Willys head but i do recall several every game that fluttered  back there, at times, it seemed like a guy was in DW's face the second the snap arrived tho. Watching some of the other centers around the league, Have to admit when they snapped the ball back to their QB, those snaps had some mustard on them. Coming in almost spiral like for the most part, with Morley, thought they were more like watching Max Hall pass, wounded ducks

Thought I was the only one that noticed this ..

Also have to agree about the snaps getting worse, I dunno maybe it was just me and apparently another person but... Did tend to notice that Morleys snaps really weren't all that sharp at all, Nope Atomic is right, none ever flew over Willys head but i do recall several every game that fluttered  back there, at times, it seemed like a guy was in DW's face the second the snap arrived tho. Watching some of the other centers around the league, Have to admit when they snapped the ball back to their QB, those snaps had some mustard on them. Coming in almost spiral like for the most part, with Morley, thought they were more like watching Max Hall pass, wounded ducks

Thought I was the only one that noticed this ..

I noticed those weird snaps more with Brohm than with Willy.  Were they with Willy too?

Morley really tailed off in the second half of the season.  Blocking got worse, snaps got worse (although I don't think he ever botched one so bad that it went over Willy's head or anything).  I would have given MOL to Chris Greaves, he was by far our most consistent OL.

Fine with the Willy pick, he was our MOP without question.

Maybe Morley's play tailed off because he was trying to cover for all the other problematic players on the O-line.