Bombers @ Stamps GDT

Noeller

10mm rain today turning to 5cm snow. For those of us going to the game, suffering like Ghomeshi-ish masochist, it's going to be a truly awful experience. Here's hoping I see something...anything...worth my time today, unlike what I saw at Commonwealth a few weeks ago...

We're going to smother them with our sheer underwhelmingness, but seriously, aside from Noeller's comfort, I would like to see:

1) Willy's return from the border lands of unconsciousness , caused by memory demons of past hits. I'd like to see him focused…with a proper game plan for a change.

2) Speaking of game planning, can we please protect Willy with movement, screens, play action, and a variety of passes that don't take 2 minutes to run.

3) The challenge that our D will face today at least be partially answered by a combination of good play from our new guys backed by the veterans, who looked somewhat better last week.

4) Lirim to kick enough FGs to solidify his hold on the record for rookie percentages. Don't forget, his regular hold, Brohm, has a broken thumb, and will be out.

5) And if Calgary makes adjustments to what we do, either on O or D, I'd like to see us match them.

6) A continuation of discipline in the penalty dept.

In the poll on CFL news the poll on whether Marve can challenge Willy for the #1 spot, the "no's" are ahead @ 55%.

Thanks to *Stats Junkie: 

The Bombers have won both of their tightest games in 2014 going 2-0 when decided by 4 points or less. For games decided by 5-10 points this year, they are 2-6 and 4-11 over the last two seasons.

Ian Wild was #3 in the CFL in tackles last week piling up 9 vs BC in the 28-23 loss. He has led the entire CFL in two separate weeks and tops the club with 70 to date. On a per game basis, he has averaged 5.4 per game which puts him at #3 in the CFL for 2014. Here is how the CFL leaders stack up per game:

1) S.Elimimian, BC 7.8    2) B.Woods 7.0    3) I.Wild, Wpg 5.4    4) B.J.Simmons, Ott 5.1    5) B.Smith, Cgy 4.9

With a start this week, Willy can make it 17 this year including the 5-1 season-opening run. No Winnipeg QB has started 17 games in one season since Kevin Glenn started all 18 games in 2007.

Cotton comes into this game riding a streak of two straight 100-yard games. He led the entire CFL last week with 131 rushing yards is now one of only two players with back-to-back 100-yard games in 2014. The Last Blue Bomber to record back-to-back 100-yard games was Fred Reid in 2010.

The Bombers have now gone 8 games in a row without winning the turnover battle and are -11 in that stretch.

The Forzani coverage won't bother me. Living in Calgary the past 24 years I know how much he meant to the Stamps & the city. Probably outsdide Alberta viewers may even go who was that guy?? He has donated countless millions to Foothills Hospital, started the Forzani Mothers Day Walk & Run for cancer, was a philanthropist, bought & saved the Stampeders in 2005 & was an all around nice guy from everything I read. His loss is a huge blow to Calgary. 

No, I don't mind the special mentions of personalities that have touched fans across the Country.

Even a couple minutes of attention, but what I really don't like is the in-game interviews during the broadcast of the games.

Say hello, say what you have to say…then please get back to the game.

Nothing worse than talking about somebody's dog or outfit when there is a play going on that I'm interested in.

Build it into the pre-game or half time show and show me the bloody game.

Well, Rod Black is busy doing figure skating (Thank God)!! So, he shouldn't be here today doing the game,I hope.

Yeah, and that's here in Kelowna.

I'm going to be very careful going out this weekend, like avoiding public places, call it a black out if you will.

Why can't there be figure skating every weekend from late June to the end of November every year? 

the sports centre in cochrane alberta is absolutely remarkable.

all inside, two brand new  very fancy rinks, complete with fifteen year old boys getting private power skating lessons, a hockey rink sized soccer field, a bunch of basketball courts, a gymnastics facility, another gigantic hall, probably for some other kind of shows, like horses, 

wow.

money money money