Coaching is the problem

B-F-F-C

Honestly...I've never seen a team that is so poorly coached.  Crowton is in over his head and Burke has that deer in the headlights look. 

I truly believe that the Bombers talent is on par with the Cats. But our weak link is coaching and until we get get some experienced and knowledgeable coaches on staff. I don't see anything improving with the team on field play.

The FIRE Crowton watch is on and the clock is ticking.    I'm not sure if firing Burke mid season will help but he's a dead man walking right now.    

IMO Crowton has to go, and my faith in Burke is completely gone.

The fact that all three of our QB's have come out poorly in the second half clearly tells you who the problem is.

The talent in the secondary and to a lesser extent receiver is my only concern in terms of what Mack brought us. I mean QB is obvious as well but that's been spoken about enough. OL doesn't concern me as much because there does seem to be a direction there with a bunch of young talent.

The thing about the DBs that concerns me is that every other team in the league has slowly (or quickly) gone towards bigger DBs. We have Stewart and Sears but everyone else is below 6 feet and we really haven't brought any bigger DBs in to even take a look. I realize talent trumps all, but Suber and Jovon even at their absolute best were already at a disadvantage. Now they are far from at their best.

These coaches can all get the **** out right now. So tired of watching this team just roll over and die. The only guy who showed any kind of intensity is Terrence Edwards. Good on him for the game he played cause he did everything he possibly could to help out a new qb. Damned shame no one else has the same kind of competitiveness he has. This team just won't play for Burke. Saw it last season when he took over. Lapo wasn't good either but at least the players played hard for him. 

I have to agree with Lawless. Mack left the cupboards bare. This team is a sham. It's nowhere near as good as we thought. First the management got blown up. Coaches soon to follow & the players as well. I don't think it's a case of the players not wanting to play for Tim Burke. It's a case of them not being good enough.

Talent isn't the big issue here. There is a definite change in how competitive the players were going from Lapo to Burke. Burke is looking more and more Daley-like with each passing week.

TIme to dump him and Crowton and go forward. I don't even care right now. That loss to Hamilton ended the season, it's done let's keep blowing it up. Wanted to like Burke because he's such a good defensive coordinator and love the candidness he speaks to the media with but good lord he is a dud at head coach. 

The talent in the secondary and to a lesser extent receiver is my only concern in terms of what Mack brought us. I mean QB is obvious as well but that's been spoken about enough. OL doesn't concern me as much because there does seem to be a direction there with a bunch of young talent.

The thing about the DBs that concerns me is that every other team in the league has slowly (or quickly) gone towards bigger DBs. We have Stewart and Sears but everyone else is below 6 feet and we really haven't brought any bigger DBs in to even take a look. I realize talent trumps all, but Suber and Jovon even at their absolute best were already at a disadvantage. Now they are far from at their best.

The defence is far worse than you think, all you have to do is go back to 2011 when they were playing well and compare that roster to this one. At least half the players on this defence are just not good enough.

Crowton is to blame most of the problems on O but we have the worst receiving corps in the league, when healthy, TE & Watson are it, the rest are backups at best.

Anyone who says it's not talent is living on a dream that just changing coaches will fix everything. Goes way beyond that. Talent is the issue & coaching. Coaching can be fixed right away but not talent. It'll take years to right this ship. Might as well get on with it. Starting TODAY!! Burke & Crowton have to be shown the door. Blow it up.

Denmark was the consensus runner up for rookie of the year in his first season, Matthews was the rookie of the year, you expect me to believe these guys just lost their talent? Seems more like the coaching is so bad it's causing them to regress. This team really lacks any sort of direction, there is no clarity in what kind of team they are trying to be, that all comes from coaching. Get a proper head coach in there and things will look a LOT different. 

Sadly, the answer to your question is yes. Talent is a major issue. I don't think any coach could make chicken salad out of the chicken feathers we have as players. Mack was overrated & the players he  brought  in the same. I don't even know if we have a core to build on. The problems on this team go very deep.

Other than a few glaring weaknesses, talent isn't the issue. At this point it's all about the coaches. The team is not playing for Burke, period.

Fire Burke & Crowton, replace both with MB and whoever he wants for the remainder of the season. Instant upgrade.

Sorry Burke, I thought you were the guy. You're still a great DC I'm sure, but you're gonna have to do it somewhere else. 

See, there's a problem with the theory players don't play well for certain coaches. The major one is that they'll get cut. No one should go out with the premise they'll play bad to make the coaches look bad. The players are the ones everybody sees as well as the video camera. So, if we have losers that feel by playing badly they are doing a good thing then who wants these guys anyway??? They'll be gone. Let the rebuild truly begin. I think consistently playing bad means a player is bad. Pro athletes get paid to win & not play. They don't win then they get replaced.Therefore, I believe that it's a talent issue.