Coaching is the problem

B-F-F-C

Talent is NOT the issue. Mack haters have an axe to grind, but the roster has lots of great players. They just aren't playing for whatever reason. I dont know if canning em now and paying all those salaries is the right idea but something has to give. Too good to lose this way...

Talent is NOT the issue. Mack haters have an axe to grind, but the roster has lots of great players. They just aren't playing for whatever reason. I dont know if canning em now and paying all those salaries is the right idea but something has to give. Too good to lose this way...

Please name me the great players & ask yourself could these great players beat out the players on the Riders, Argos, Stamps & Lions? Like I said, if players think playing badly to get a coach fired is the answer, the reality is that they'll get cut themselves. I have no axe to grind with Joe Mack other than he fired LaPo way too early & the players he brought in can't win. Had he been successful, I'd have been okay with the guy.

iso with more "everything Joe Mack has done is terrible" attitude. You are simply too anti-Mack to be taken seriously at this point. You are seriously understating how bad this team has been under Burke. Lapo gets fired and in the easiest game in the history of sports to get a team fired up to play the team rolled over and died. They did the same thing 2 weeks later in Calgary. Burke is not inspiring anyone on that team to be better, lots of guys have regressed since he took over. He is Jim Daley 2.0 as a head coach. 

We both want the same thing, 17. To see this team win. We just disagree on how to get it done. I'm fine with that as one of us or both of us could be wrong. Let's just hope this team can get its act together fast. As a fan, I'm expecting an announcement about Crowton's firing. And I'd be fine if Burke went with him.

Coaching is obviously a problem.  

If I were the GM I'd drop Crowton today and 'promote' MB to OC.  I'd leave Burke at HC but tell him his responsibility is now limited to bringing the defence back to life and that ALL offensive decisions would be MB's (IMHO he has already been told that).  I'd tell Creehan that he is DC in name only, but we will keep him on for the rest of the year.  

Talent is another issue.  

Who are our 'core guys' that we can build our team around going forward?  Do we have any players who are 'untouchable' for a trade?  Is there anyone on this team you wouldn't trade for a decent QB?

Our best player last night was Edwards and it's the first time he has earned his paycheck this year.  

When I went through the exercise of who I would want to protect in the upcoming draft, I ran out of good players before I ran out of spots to protect.  

I think we need to make a couple of player changes a week.  Keep the ones that work out and dump the ones who don't.  Hopefully we can work our way into being competitive by the end of the year so we have some hope in the off season.

Coaching is obviously a problem.  

If I were the GM I'd drop Crowton today and 'promote' MB to OC.  I'd leave Burke at HC but tell him his responsibility is now limited to bringing the defence back to life and that ALL offensive decisions would be MB's (IMHO he has already been told that).  I'd tell Creehan that he is DC in name only, but we will keep him on for the rest of the year.  

Talent is another issue.  

Who are our 'core guys' that we can build our team around going forward?  Do we have any players who are 'untouchable' for a trade?  Is there anyone on this team you wouldn't trade for a decent QB?

Our best player last night was Edwards and it's the first time he has earned his paycheck this year.  

When I went through the exercise of who I would want to protect in the upcoming draft, I ran out of good players before I ran out of spots to protect.  

I think we need to make a couple of player changes a week.  Keep the ones that work out and dump the ones who don't.  Hopefully we can work our way into being competitive by the end of the year so we have some hope in the off season.

I like most of your suggestions. Only like to add that if a head coach is kept  on after being fired from that position it would probably create divisions in the team from players that are "his guys" so it's better he goes. That being said, it's too bad as Burke is 5 times the DC Creehan is. And why is this such a surprise to us seeing the kind of defense the guy ran in Hamilton. He was Burke's buddy so he hired him. You could almost see this coming... What a train wreck.

I like most of your suggestions. Only like to add that if a head coach is kept  on after being fired from that position it would probably create divisions in the team from players that are 'his guys" so it's better he goes. That being said, it's too bad as Burke is 5 times the DC Creehan is. And why is this such a surprise to us seeing the kind of defense the guy ran in Hamilton. He was Burke's buddy so he hired him. You could almost see this coming... What a train wreck.

You're right.  It could cause divisions in the team, but those would quickly go away if the defence started playing like it did against BC.

We have consistently promoted people into jobs they aren't any good at.  A few demotions to the jobs do best would help the team and coaches.  Yah, we would be overpaying them for the jobs they are doing, but it's cheaper than bringing in new coaches and paying them too.

You're right.  It could cause divisions in the team, but those would quickly go away if the defence started playing like it did against BC.

We have consistently promoted people into jobs they aren't any good at.  A few demotions to the jobs do best would help the team and coaches.  Yah, we would be overpaying them for the jobs they are doing, but it's cheaper than bringing in new coaches and paying them too.

Who knows the answers, right? Let's see what Miller & Walters do.

It's not the talent... the guys may have bad attitudes and I definitely think they have given up and are not playing with any sort of effort or care these days.  That I believe.   

But to say Alex Hall is a bum,  that Demond Washington,  Muamba and name pretty much anyone on the defense and say that these guys are bums is ridiculous and the easy and lazy way to criticize the team. 

This site unfortunately is starting to get a lot more lazy posters who simply don't back up what they say and just go with the easy blame Mack and anyone he has recruited garbage.....

21-40 since 2010 but it's not talent. Nah, it couldn't be. It's just coaching.

And yet we had MANY all stars during that period despite a poor record.

Only lack of talent we have had is at QB during that time period.....

Considering...

RB - Chad Simpson had the most highest avg per carry among the top backs last season despite playing behind a crap o-line and was an all star last season.... Fred Reid was also an all star in 2010....

Rec - Matthews was rookie of the year,  Denmark was runner up the year prior...   Edwards has had 1000 yard seasons in 5 of his last 6 years... Edwards and Matthews both all stars during that time period

O-line has been weak... but January all star last year... Labatte in the past also all star....

D-line -  We have had a guy in the top 3 for sacks in the last 3 seasons....  as a unit we have been #1  for 2 of the last 3 years as a unit for leading the league in sacks... the other year we were 2nd.  Alex Hall, Bryant Turner all stars last year. Willis and Doug Brown all stars in the past....

LBers -  Muamba led the league in forced fumbles last year... regarded as the #1 NI free agent that teams will go after.  Bowman was fantastic until getting hurt last year.

Secondary -  Jovon has been a league leader and an all star numerous times,  in the last few years guys like Logan and Hefney also unanimous all stars.  

Punting -  Renaud has been in the top 2 for Net Punting in each of the last  3 seasons.  Also former all star.

Kicking - Palardy was top 3 last season had 87% success which is really high. 

Return game -  Last 3 years we've always had a guy in the top two in the punt or kickoff return leaders.  

Outside of crappy QB'ing we have had an all star at nearly every position (outside of place kicker and lbers) during the last 3 years.   Funny thing was that Jyles in 2010 had the 2nd highest qb rating in the league and 2nd highest TD to Int ratio! We had Joey Elliott who was 2 time POW winner ,  it may be a fluke to win it once but to win it twice means the guy had to have some sort of above average talent.  Buck hasn't even won it once has he?

So once again facts proves that you literally are typing poop in each post you make.   

I like most of your suggestions. Only like to add that if a head coach is kept  on after being fired from that position it would probably create divisions in the team from players that are "his guys" so it's better he goes. That being said, it's too bad as Burke is 5 times the DC Creehan is. And why is this such a surprise to us seeing the kind of defense the guy ran in Hamilton. He was Burke's buddy so he hired him. You could almost see this coming... What a train wreck.

I think this is a good example if the talent on our d being pretty good. When he was in Hamilton the defence was beyond terrible... Our players are actually making freehand look like a respectable dc. Not a good one, but a respectable one.... And he isn't. He is a terrible dc

Burke is a great Head Coach...NOT! His responsibility is to get his team ready to play...he has proved many times already he has failed to do that. One of the reasons Lapo got fired is because his team was taking too many penalties. In one of the biggest games of the season, at home, in a brand new great stadium, did Burke get his team ready to play...not by a long shot. Penalties...lack of discipline...having the defence ready to play with his buddy Creehan...nope.

Burke looked totally and utterly confused on the sideline. Pretty bad when he has to go to Creehan and tell him he needs to have the defence be more agressive...this has happened more than once. And it's not coaching? Com'n Iso give it up...of course any team can always use a few better players...but if we had an established QB and better coaching...we would not be 1-5.

For me the issue is coaching, offensive line, quarterbacking. Most of the players at our skill positions are serviceable, but could be upgraded on. Defence I think has some terrible zone scheming that has our players looking way worse then they are in the back end. Although, I don't doubt some of our guys in the secondary could be upgraded upon as well as receiver and RB.

Mack has brought in some good talent, but at the same time, I think we kind of over-hyped his ability to scout talent. 

The o-line is at an all time low -- even Taman built a pretty decent o-line in '07. 

Although, it was Mack's approach to free agency, hiring coaches, and QB assessment (and apparently meddling) that was his real undoing, 

Hall, Mainor, Anderson, Bryant, Muamba, Wild, Dunn, Washington,Stewart beg to differ.

Here is what I have been seeing from the defense over the losing streak. The obvious being the 4 man rush. This is fine if you have a nose tackle who commands a double team such as Brown did. You are then not out numbered. The current front is not getting that respect, no one is getting doubled, which leaves a linemen free to get into the linebackers face, usually Muamba, and wash him right out of the play, leaving the middle of the field wide open for whatever play the offence chooses, run or pass. Muamba has not been able to shed his tackle, giving opposing QB's all day to pick us apart at an alarmingly high rate of success. Everything else stems from this problem and when the D is not being adjusted by the DC, it's just too easy.