2015 season ticket and Grey Cup ticket pricing info

gbill2004

I just spoke with rep with the Bombers...some very interesting information. The Bombers are restructuring their entire price structure and seating map for 2015. For example, my P2 seats in section 129 are now considered P1 seats and the price is going from $814 per seat in 2014 to $1092 in 2015, an increase of almost $300 per seat! Good news is that I'm "grandfathered" in the 2014 pricing as long as I keep the seats and/or stay in the same price point. The former P1 seats are now called "Pinnacle" seats.

End zone pricing will be frozen again in 2015, so essentially those tickets are going down in price with every other section going up.

I was also told that my Grey Cup seats will be priced at $399 per seat (pending league approval so not 100% official yet), but that goes down to $299 if I commit to my season tickets for the next 3 years.

Season ticket holders will be receiving this information within the next week or two. Official Grey Cup pricing will be out in January.

Doesn't pinnacle mean basically the best... or can't get much better than that? so really when you think about it, it makes sense..

You know it's been a long season when some seem to complain (one really) about the naming of the seats

she has reached the pinnacle of her career.

The P1's are obviously the best seats in the house aka they are the pinnacle of the seats at IGF.

Pretty simple no? 

Doesn't pinnacle mean basically the best... or can't get much better than that? so really when you think about it, it makes sense..

You know it's been a long season when some seem to complain (one really) about the naming of the seats

The P1's are obviously the best seats in the house aka they are the pinnacle of the seats at IGF.

Pretty simple no?

No, Pinnacle seats are one step up from P1 seats. Pinnacle are the best seats. P1 are second best, according to the new structure.

So, raising prices after another stinker season? Even with a Grey Cup game this year Wade Miller has a lot of balls to do that. 

Prices have gone up every year since at least 2000. I had seasons for nine years, and then went in with after that until I moved. I'm sure it goes beyond 2000. It's the nature of running a business, especially with the increased demand of hosting the Grey Cup.

Pretty simple no?

Who was complaining

I wonder what he is charging Pinnacle to rename these seats. Nice piece of advertising for them.

This was the point. If the ceo uses the name of a company he own as a way of providing advertising for that company then he better be writing a cheque to the team. Otherwise it's a conflict of interest. It's actually a conflict either way so I hope there is some oversight of Wade and his companies.

So, raising prices after another stinker season? Even with a Grey Cup game this year Wade Miller has a lot of balls to do that.

Oh the irony of out of towners raging against price increases..

Thanks for complaining, now I don't have to..

Oh the irony of out of towners raging against price increases..

Thanks for complaining, now I don't have to..

Prior to the move to IGF, the Bombers had the cheapest premium seating in the CFL.

I was also told that my Grey Cup seats will be priced at $399 per seat (pending league approval so not 100% official yet), but that goes down to $299 if I commit to my season tickets for the next 3 years.

Top end pricing for the 06 Cup was $250, so $50 more nearly 10 years later in the new stadium?  Doesn't set off any rage buttons for me.  The $400 number is about what I expected.

So I got my renewal from the Bombers today. The P2 to P1 grandfathering pricing is accurate. Except on the phone I was told my Grey Cup ticket was $399 minus $100 discount if I commit to season tickets for 3 more years. Reality is my Grey Cup tickets are $499 minus $100 discount.

This is a scam in my opinion. The $100 discount is a joke. As I suspected might happen, Mr Miller artificially inflated the Grey Cup ticket prices and this $100 "discount" is a sham.

I'm disappointed and will be calling the Bomber office to voice my displeasure. If this stands, I'll likely have to give up my seats for the Grey Cup and buy tickets in a lower price point.