2015 season ticket and Grey Cup ticket pricing info

gbill2004

Sure.. It's a bomber discussion board and people have opinions.. My opinion is there is a lot of whining going on and a lot of ire when realistically if people didn't expect prices to go up when attendance dipped then they were delusional..

Also, prices are going to rise regardless of what happens simply due to inflation.. I don't think a price freeze is ever going to happen, do you?

Sure.. It's a bomber discussion board and people have opinions.. My opinion is there is a lot of whining going on and a lot of ire when realistically if people didn't expect prices to go up when attendance dipped then they were delusional..

Also, prices are going to rise regardless of what happens simply due to inflation.. I don't think a price freeze is ever going to happen, do you?

End zone prices were frozen and one section prices went down significantly.

End zone prices were frozen and one section prices went down significantly.

One section froze... Everything else changed... Sooooo.... Like I said, no price freeze as I implied every ticket (or figured I did as we.were discussing tickets in general)

Speaking of ticket prices anyone take a gander at the prices the Als are charging at Percival-Molson Stadium for the East Semi-final.  $150 for top ticket prices and 2/3 of the seats are over $95!  Not surprisingly, tickets are selling slowly - less than 1/3 sold by my estimate.  Talk about misjudging the market.  Wouldn't be surprised if that stadium is half empty for the game.  Should have bundled playoff tickets with regular season ticketholder packages at a higher price.

I believe the Bombers stated they were freezing or lowering the ticket prices in the end zones so people who wished to engage in the beer snake and have beer spilled on them during the game would be encouraged to use these section and for no other reason. The grey cup tickets as stated by the bomber office are controlled by the CFL and they have no say in the ticket pricing. If that is so surely they have input the year before to suggest what a feasible ticket would be worth. With that said it still doesn't speak to the ransom that the Bombers have put on a grey cup ticket for season ticket holders. While they may sell out I doubt it will be with the majority of season ticket holders buying tickets. I know in our group that 10 out of 10 will not be buying their seats. Does that make us disloyal to the Bombers, certainly not, it simply shows we are not willing to be held ransom. I would think that there are many others who feel the same way to the point where they will not even renew their season tickets period. Just saying what is ok with some with very deep pockets isn't ok with others who still want to support their team as they have in the past with reasonable pricing. And yes I understand ticket prices will always go up, never down, but up in a reasonable way.

Just renewed my tix for the next 3 plus GC tix and Park and Ride.  Around $2,300 for 2 tickets for all 3 years including the Grey Cup tickets and park and ride passes.  Pretty cheap entertainment and works out to around $65 a night for the wife and I to go watch a game and get away from the kids :)  I can't get into a Jets game for under $150 a night. 

On the fence for the Grey Cup.  The 3 year commitment is no big deal, would be renewing my seats regardless.

If there is a chance that the Bombers are in the Grey Cup next year (and yes there is a chance), I'd be mighty upset if we didn't buy our seats.  Tickets will be at a premium if the impossible happens.

On the other hand, with how cold it has been the last couple of days, do I want to watch a Grey Cup in this weather if the Bombers aren't in it?   Did that in 2006, it isn't all that fun when you don't have a stake in the game.   Highlight of that game was watching BC break the cup....

We will probably end up buying the GC tickets.

On the fence for the Grey Cup.  The 3 year commitment is no big deal, would be renewing my seats regardless.

If there is a chance that the Bombers are in the Grey Cup next year (and yes there is a chance), I'd be mighty upset if we didn't buy our seats.  Tickets will be at a premium if the impossible happens.

On the other hand, with how cold it has been the last couple of days, do I want to watch a Grey Cup in this weather if the Bombers aren't in it?   Did that in 2006, it isn't all that fun when you don't have a stake in the game.   Highlight of that game was watching BC break the cup....

I'm not even sure I can make the GC at this moment in time even if the Bombers are in it.  But I do know that I can easily sell them for face value if I cant make it so I'm not to worried about it.

I'm not even sure I can make the GC at this moment in time even if the Bombers are in it.  But I do know that I can easily sell them for face value if I cant make it so I'm not to worried about it.

I'm sure you will have no problem selling them, not sure it will be at face value unless Winnipeg or Saskatchewan is in the Grey Cup.

I will never understand how people can call themselves CFL fans, and NOT go to the Grey Cup when it's in your back yard. It is unfathomable to me......just full on Error 404: Does Not Compute........

Perhaps some people can't afford it. People do have lives beyond football.

What's this life beyond football you speak of?

I will never understand how people can call themselves CFL fans, and NOT go to the Grey Cup when it's in your back yard. It is unfathomable to me......just full on Error 404: Does Not Compute........

Perhaps some people can't afford it. People do have lives beyond football.

For the Bombers, it's approximately once every 10 years, and you get more than a year's notice. Budget, save your pennies...it's not THAT expensive. I would do just about anything to be at a Grey Cup if it's in my town. Hell, I'm coming 13 hours next year for GC and I don't even really care who's going to be in it, because the GC is being played in my "home" city.........any opinion different than mine is wrong. Or, at least, much less of a CFL fan......

The WFC are the ones who have to pay the additional expenses for the privilege of hosting, paying for the temporary stands to be installed, etc.  They can't be handicapped by a price cap determined by the league that prevents them from controlling their own profits.  Anyone who tells you the league is solely responsible for the pricing is wrong.  

On the note about the 3-year commitment discount, bottom line is it's a marketing play that happens all the time, everywhere.  Quite frankly, once I heard about this promotion, I knew that the prices would be inflated.   

Think about it.  If we have roughly in the neighbourhood of 21,000 season ticket holders and each one took advantage and renewed for 3 years, that's roughly $2,100,000 in ticket revenue that they would be losing.  There is absolutely no way the WFC would allow themselves to lose that kind of coin, when the game will be sold out one way or the other. 

The $100 "discount" is an insult to fans intelligence. It's a $100 penalty for not commiting for 3 years.

It's far from a penalty. It's an inflated price that anyone would pay, season ticket holder or not.

I very much disagree.

How can a discount be a penalty?...you either take it or pay the regular price. No different from any other discount...except there is a condition attached.

The $100 "discount" is an insult to fans intelligence. It's a $100 penalty for not commiting for 3 years.

It's far from a penalty. It's an inflated price that anyone would pay, season ticket holder or not.

I very much disagree.

Can't see how it's a penalty when everyone is paying that price.  I think your beef is more to do with the actual face value of the ticket, as opposed to the incentive. 

which is of course the reason you were at the 2009 Grey Cup in Calgary right?

The WFC are the ones who have to pay the additional expenses for the privilege of hosting, paying for the temporary stands to be installed, etc.  They can't be handicapped by a price cap determined by the league that prevents them from controlling their own profits.  Anyone who tells you the league is solely responsible for the pricing is wrong.  

On the note about the 3-year commitment discount, bottom line is it's a marketing play that happens all the time, everywhere.  Quite frankly, once I heard about this promotion, I knew that the prices would be inflated.   

Think about it.  If we have roughly in the neighbourhood of 21,000 season ticket holders and each one took advantage and renewed for 3 years, that's roughly $2,100,000 in ticket revenue that they would be losing.  There is absolutely no way the WFC would allow themselves to lose that kind of coin, when the game will be sold out one way or the other. 

I will disagree on the marketing ploy that happens everywhere bit.  No other team in the CFL has ever asked for a three year commitment from their fans to give them the discount.

The average price for a ticket will be the highest ever in history by the looks of things.  Don't think that's necessary when the Bombers have 1000 club seats going for who knows how much, 46 suites and 30 or so loges - three big moneymakers that are in short supply or simply do not exist in places like Edmonton, Calgary and Regina.

I hope the game sells out before the season begins, but I'm skeptical at those prices.  Maybe the Bombers believe it will due to stronger than usual corporate support?

which is of course the reason you were at the 2009 Grey Cup in Calgary right?

I believe work........couldn't be any other reason...