2015 season ticket and Grey Cup ticket pricing info

gbill2004

The WFC are the ones who have to pay the additional expenses for the privilege of hosting, paying for the temporary stands to be installed, etc.  They can't be handicapped by a price cap determined by the league that prevents them from controlling their own profits.  Anyone who tells you the league is solely responsible for the pricing is wrong.  

On the note about the 3-year commitment discount, bottom line is it's a marketing play that happens all the time, everywhere.  Quite frankly, once I heard about this promotion, I knew that the prices would be inflated.   

Think about it.  If we have roughly in the neighbourhood of 21,000 season ticket holders and each one took advantage and renewed for 3 years, that's roughly $2,100,000 in ticket revenue that they would be losing.  There is absolutely no way the WFC would allow themselves to lose that kind of coin, when the game will be sold out one way or the other. 

I will disagree on the marketing ploy that happens everywhere bit.  No other team in the CFL has ever asked for a three year commitment from their fans to give them the discount.

The average price for a ticket will be the highest ever in history by the looks of things.  Don't think that's necessary when the Bombers have 1000 club seats going for who knows how much, 46 suites and 30 or so loges - three big moneymakers that are in short supply or simply do not exist in places like Edmonton, Calgary and Regina.

I hope the game sells out before the season begins, but I'm skeptical at those prices.  Maybe the Bombers believe it will due to stronger than usual corporate support?

Let me clarify.  I don't necessarily mean that other CFL teams do this.  I mean that artificially inflated pricing to compensate for discounting in general happens all the time.  Especially in retail.  The ever so popular BOGO deals you see everywhere is a clear example of this. 

The WFC are the ones who have to pay the additional expenses for the privilege of hosting, paying for the temporary stands to be installed, etc.  They can't be handicapped by a price cap determined by the league that prevents them from controlling their own profits.  Anyone who tells you the league is solely responsible for the pricing is wrong.  

On the note about the 3-year commitment discount, bottom line is it's a marketing play that happens all the time, everywhere.  Quite frankly, once I heard about this promotion, I knew that the prices would be inflated.   

Think about it.  If we have roughly in the neighbourhood of 21,000 season ticket holders and each one took advantage and renewed for 3 years, that's roughly $2,100,000 in ticket revenue that they would be losing.  There is absolutely no way the WFC would allow themselves to lose that kind of coin, when the game will be sold out one way or the other. 

I will disagree on the marketing ploy that happens everywhere bit.  No other team in the CFL has ever asked for a three year commitment from their fans to give them the discount.

The average price for a ticket will be the highest ever in history by the looks of things.  Don't think that's necessary when the Bombers have 1000 club seats going for who knows how much, 46 suites and 30 or so loges - three big moneymakers that are in short supply or simply do not exist in places like Edmonton, Calgary and Regina.

I hope the game sells out before the season begins, but I'm skeptical at those prices.  Maybe the Bombers believe it will due to stronger than usual corporate support?

Let me clarify.  I don't necessarily mean that other CFL teams do this.  I mean that artificially inflated pricing to compensate for discounting in general happens all the time.  Especially in retail.  The ever so popular BOGO deals you see everywhere is a clear example of this. 

What's BOGO?

do you not ever watch tv or listen to the radio? Or see advertisements in the paper? BOGO is probably the most widely used advertising phrase in the world...

Don't usually pay attention to advertising, been conditioned to just tune out.

Don't remember ever hearing it on TV or radio.

For the Bombers' Grey Cup Tickets, will the tickets show the face value, or the paid value.  I don't understand how season ticket holders for the Jets have retail pricing printed on their tickets, and that Bombers season tickets print with the season ticket holders discounted price printed on the tickets.