2015 season ticket and Grey Cup ticket pricing info

gbill2004

340-399 have been the price for season ticket holders so it's right where season ticket holders are going to pay next year. Might as well charge more for the few tickets that will be available there.

My point is the $100 "discount" is an obvious scam. Wade artificially increased the price by $100 and is then calling it a "discount".

Have been to the last two grey cups plus going this year the pricing is pretty much spot on. Not more expensive than 2015 prices.

Highest price for a Grey Cup ticket in BC this year is $360. The $499 is a joke.

Ticketmaster says otherwise.  $440 for the high end tickets for this year.

Have been to the last two grey cups plus going this year the pricing is pretty much spot on. Not more expensive than 2015 prices.

Highest price for a Grey Cup ticket in BC this year is $360. The $499 is a joke.

Ticketmaster says otherwise. $440 for the high end tickets for this year.
Here's my source - the BC Lions official website: http://m.bclions.com/102greycup.

Comparing apples to apples its $360 and $499.

It's not apples to apples when you're comparing BC season ticket holder prices ($360) to Winnipeg non-season ticket holder price ($499).

If you want to make a fair comparison, you'd say season ticket holders in your section (roughly 50 yard line) are being charged $399 while BC season ticket holders in similar seats are being charged $315

It's not apples to apples when you're comparing BC season ticket holder prices ($360) to Winnipeg non-season ticket holder price ($499).

If you want to make a fair comparison, you'd say season ticket holders in your section (roughly 50 yard line) are being charged $399 while BC season ticket holders in similar seats are being charged $315

$499 IS the season ticket holder price unless you commit for 3 years. My whole point is the $100 discount is a sham. That just supports my point.

Looking at it your way, fans are subject to a $100 penalty for not commiting to season tickets for 3 years.

This has Wade written all over it. I've been impressed with his work so far, but this $100 penalty unless you commit for 3 years is disappointing.

340-399 have been the price for season ticket holders so it's right where season ticket holders are going to pay next year. Might as well charge more for the few tickets that will be available there.

Incorrect.  The top ticket price (excluding club seats) for season ticket holders in BC is $315 and that does not require a 3-year commitment to get a discount.  In Saskatchewan for the 2013 Grey Cup, the top ticket price (excluding club seats) was $349 for season ticket holders.  The top ticket price for the Bombers (again excluding club seats which will probably be $500) will be $399 IF the ticket holder commits to three seasons.

http://www.bclions.com/102greycup

http://riderville.com/article/saskatchewan-unveils-grey-cup-101-ticket-information

A more apt comparison would be the season ticket holder who chooses not to commit for three seasons, but merely the season ahead.  They will receive a $50 discount so the price will actually be $449 - an incredibly high price charged by an organization that has pissed away the goodwill of the community through incompetent management and season after season of losing.  The Lions and Riders, on the other hand have had recent success with Saskatchewan being in the Grey Cup in 3 of the previous 6 seasons prior to last year while the Lions won the Grey Cup as recently as 2011 and have qualified for the playoffs for 18 consecutive seasons.  They can justify the higher prices, Bombers not so much.

Again $449 to a season ticket holder with no 3 year commitment!!  That's more expensive than the 100th Grey Cup in Toronto!  Top ticket price was $399 to season ticket holders for that one by the way and no 3-year commitment required either.

Miller and the Bomber organization are taking a big risk with these price points.  With a minimum price of $199 (for those willing to stomach the three year commitment and $249 for a non-committed season ticket holder) I'd venture to guess that the 2015 Grey Cup will have the highest average ticket price in CFL history.  It would be great if the organization can pull off a Grey Cup sellout prior to the beginning of the 2015 season - it would fill up their coffers nicely even with the annual payments towards the stadium.  However, I think they may be overestimating the demand for Grey Cup tickets in this market  at those prices...even with the 10 year gap between games.

Ticketmaster says otherwise.  $440 for the high end tickets for this year.

That's for club seats though.  Bombers will probably charge $500 plus fees and taxes for club seats at the Grey Cup next year so around $550 - $600 per seat

$399 is with a 3-year commitment though.  If you are a season ticket holder who does not want to commit for more than one year at a time the price will be $449.  That is a HUGE difference compared to the last 2 Grey Cups or really any Grey Cup in history.  

Risky proposition considering the state of the team the last 7 years (1 winning season).  They will really need the corporate community to step up to sellout the game prior to the beginning of the 2015 season.

It's worth noting that the last Grey Cup in Winnipeg back in 2006 did not sellout until the week of the game.  Back then tickets were considerably cheaper - North endzone seats - $100, Temporary south endzone seats - $130

Incorrect. The top ticket price (excluding club seats) for season ticket holders in BC is $315 and that does not require a 3-year commitment to get a discount. In Saskatchewan for the 2013 Grey Cup, the top ticket price (excluding club seats) was $349 for season ticket holders. The top ticket price for the Bombers (again excluding club seats which will probably be $500) will be $399 IF the ticket holder commits to three seasons.

http://riderville.com/article/saskatchewan-unveils-grey-cup-101-ticket-information

A more apt comparison would be the season ticket holder who chooses not to commit for three seasons, but merely the season ahead. They will receive a $50 discount so the price will actually be $449 - an incredibly high price charged by an organization that has pissed away the goodwill of the community through incompetent management and season after season of losing. The Lions and Riders, on the other hand have had recent success with Saskatchewan being in the Grey Cup in 3 of the previous 6 seasons prior to last year while the Lions won the Grey Cup as recently as 2011 and have qualified for the playoffs for 18 consecutive seasons. They can justify the higher prices, Bombers not so much.

Again $449 to a season ticket holder with no 3 year commitment!! That's more expensive than the 100th Grey Cup in Toronto! Top ticket price was $399 to season ticket holders for that one by the way and no 3-year commitment required either.

Miller and the Bomber organization are taking a big risk with these price points. With a minimum price of $199 (for those willing to stomach the three year commitment and $249 for a non-committed season ticket holder) I'd venture to guess that the 2015 Grey Cup will have the highest average ticket price in CFL history. It would be great if the organization can pull off a Grey Cup sellout prior to the beginning of the 2015 season - it would fill up their coffers nicely even with the annual payments towards the stadium. However, I think they may be overestimating the demand for Grey Cup tickets in this market at those prices...even with the 10 year gap between games.

Where are you getting the $50 discount from? My P1 non-club seats are $499 if I don't commit for 3 years.

Incorrect. The top ticket price (excluding club seats) for season ticket holders in BC is $315 and that does not require a 3-year commitment to get a discount. In Saskatchewan for the 2013 Grey Cup, the top ticket price (excluding club seats) was $349 for season ticket holders. The top ticket price for the Bombers (again excluding club seats which will probably be $500) will be $399 IF the ticket holder commits to three seasons.

A more apt comparison would be the season ticket holder who chooses not to commit for three seasons, but merely the season ahead. They will receive a $50 discount so the price will actually be $449 - an incredibly high price charged by an organization that has pissed away the goodwill of the community through incompetent management and season after season of losing. The Lions and Riders, on the other hand have had recent success with Saskatchewan being in the Grey Cup in 3 of the previous 6 seasons prior to last year while the Lions won the Grey Cup as recently as 2011 and have qualified for the playoffs for 18 consecutive seasons. They can justify the higher prices, Bombers not so much.

Again $449 to a season ticket holder with no 3 year commitment!! That's more expensive than the 100th Grey Cup in Toronto! Top ticket price was $399 to season ticket holders for that one by the way and no 3-year commitment required either.

Miller and the Bomber organization are taking a big risk with these price points. With a minimum price of $199 (for those willing to stomach the three year commitment and $249 for a non-committed season ticket holder) I'd venture to guess that the 2015 Grey Cup will have the highest average ticket price in CFL history. It would be great if the organization can pull off a Grey Cup sellout prior to the beginning of the 2015 season - it would fill up their coffers nicely even with the annual payments towards the stadium. However, I think they may be overestimating the demand for Grey Cup tickets in this market at those prices...even with the 10 year gap between games.

Where are you getting the $50 discount from? My P1 non-club seats are $499 if I don't commit for 3 years.

I thought if you are a season ticket holder for the 2015 season, but do not want to commit for 3 years that you would still get a discount of approx. $50 on the Grey Cup tickets.  Thought I read that somewhere else?

I thought if you are a season ticket holder for the 2015 season, but do not want to commit for 3 years that you would still get a discount of approx. $50 on the Grey Cup tickets. Thought I read that somewhere else?

I got my season ticket renewal info with Grey Cup pricing and there was nothing about a $50 discount. Only a $100 discount if you commit to 3 years.

In the terms of agreement it says basically you acknowledge that it is an irrevocable commitment & cannot be cancelled for any reason during the 3 years.  Each year, in mid-December, you are given options to pay for the upcoming year.  If you fail to pay, the club can cancel your season tickets &/or take legal action.

In the terms of agreement it says basically you acknowledge that it is an irrevocable commitment & cannot be cancelled for any reason during the 3 years.  Each year, in mid-December, you are given options to pay for the upcoming year.  If you fail to pay, the club can cancel your season tickets &/or take legal action.

Yep, I just called my rep at the Bomber office and that's what they told me.  Logic says you just give the Bombers back the $100 if you don't want to renew, but they told me that's not the case.  Once you commit to the 3 years, it's irrevocable. 

I think Wade Miller is trying to take a page out of the Jets' book when they

first came back to Winnipeg. He forgets that they had a captive audience back

then and now are looking for season ticket holders after 3 non playoff years. Yes he has a new stadium however the product on the field is lacking and the fan

support has dwindled. Now he expects season ticket holders to opt in for 3 years of what just to get a $100.00 discount on a Grey Cup tickets. I won't be buying

mine and told the Bomber office the same to which they didn't sound pleased.

Perhaps high time that they started to think about the Winnipeg football fans

and offer the discount if you renew for next year without holding them ransom for

2 additional years.

Wah? Wah waaaaah waaaaaaaah! Rabblerabblerabble!

Is all ive seen in the majority of this thread..

This is a Bomber message board, and it seems to me most of this thread has been valid discussion and questions from some of the Bombers ticket base.

A lot of questions I had were shared by many people here.

Seems to me that whining about people whining is a little hypocritical .... pot meet kettle.