Joey Baby

Floyd

Like it or not, Joey Elliott and Drew Willy are almost exactly the same type of gunslinger QB that makes wrong decisions sometimes and lights it up sometimes...  

Burke screwed up the first one, let's hope Bellefuile hasn't wrecked Joey 2.0

High hopes for 2015... but everyone should expect a 1:1 TD-INT ratio

This is a pretty decent comparison actually, as much as people won't want to admit it. Two guys with similar skillsets who had a couple of great games early on. I still think Willy has the potential to be much better, but it wouldn't surprise me in the least if he becomes Joey Elliott v2.0.

5 wins in a row and lead many comeback charges.

Willy looks all around better and lacks the me first personality that Joey had.

Our team sucks. It's suck less because we have a good qb. Edmonton was in the same spot last year with reily and turned it around in the offseason. For us to do that we need key upgrades at coaching and player positions.

If not willy, then Brohm or marve . All have showed better then anyone since bishop ;)

Disagree.  Willy had a hurt hand the last half of the year, and is a leader.  

Joey was not.

There is similarities to be made tho... Stand in pocket and throw, willing to take hits to make throw.. Very lethargic in escaping.. Both are bright, make right plays for the most part...

Differences are willy accepts leadership and is wiling to accept blame.. Listens to coaches and players advice.. Elliot wishes he was a leader but blames everyone and doesn't listen to advice.. Believes he is much more then he is... Willy seems almost like he is wowed by the fact he is a starter and is overjoyed to be one..

Disagree.  Willy had a hurt hand the last half of the year, and is a leader.  

Joey was not.

There is similarities to be made tho... Stand in pocket and throw, willing to take hits to make throw.. Very lethargic in escaping.. Both are bright, make right plays for the most part...

Differences are willy accepts leadership and is wiling to accept blame.. Listens to coaches and players advice.. Elliot wishes he was a leader but blames everyone and doesn't listen to advice.. Believes he is much more then he is... Willy seems almost like he is wowed by the fact he is a starter and is overjoyed to be one..

I've said it before and I'll say it again, shouldn't we be praising Elliott for telling Crowton he was a moron and his offense didn't work? Seems to me that's what he needed to hear. 

It's different when your the starting qb and you lose 9 in a row vs playing hurt and actually positively contributing to your team...

Moot point tho cause I doubt he was very hurt at all, more so just played like crap.

The Bombers have only given up a record 70 sacks to date.  Calgary has only given up 24 and the league average is 45.3.

Taking all those hits, you are right he probably isn't hurt, he is just playing like crap.   :rolleyes:

So at one point do these dumbass willy hate comments start to be considered trollish?

How you can look at a stat like 70 sacks and still deduce hes not beaten down or ran down but just crappy.. It tells me something... That your clueless..

And it tells me you don't understand that not all sacks are the OLs fault. Lots of those sacks are on Willy.

Doesn't matter whose fault they are, he still took them and and that takes a toll.

Wasn't until later in the year that the sacks were on him more then on the O-Line.

I don't think anyone would deny that his play has been bad the last 3 - 4 games.   But there is a cumulative effect from the punishment he took.

So at one point do these dumbass willy hate comments start to be considered trollish?

How you can look at a stat like 70 sacks and still deduce hes not beaten down or ran down but just crappy.. It tells me something... That your clueless..

And it tells me you don't understand that not all sacks are the OLs fault. Lots of those sacks are on Willy.

Im not an idiot... Ive agreed with willy is at fault for some... Not lots tho. 70 sacks and maaaaaaaaaaaaybe 30 are directly willy responsible... But that to me is a crazy high estimate as well..

Doesn't matter whose fault they are, he still took them and and that takes a toll.

Wasn't until later in the year that the sacks were on him more then on the O-Line.

I don't think anyone would deny that his play has been bad the last 3 - 4 games. But there is a cumulative effect from the punishment he took.

Yup.. Faaaaar too many times we saw penetration thru the middle unblocked or off the edges untouched... Those cannot be attributed to willy.. Now if he has had 3+ steamboats and he hasnt thrown the ball away then obviously thats on willy..

Okay say 20 of those sacks are his fault. or say 30 sacks that's between 1 to 1.5 sacks per game that are his fault. That leaves 40-50'sacks that are the oline, or 2.1 sacks a game.

Doesn't change the fact that our oline is weak or that out play calling or receivers can't do ****.

Willy is better then any qb we had the last three years so keep looking for someone better then him. Nut make sure upgrade everything else.

If this team still sucks next year and show little improvement and doesn't make it into the playoffs in 2016 im probably gonna stop watching them. It's not fun to watch your team suck for 5+ years. Gonna have to spend our money somewhere else.

You think your eine generous by saying 20, a lot more than 20 were his own doing.

I think you don't understand the concept of responsibility when it pertains to sacks.. If he has time and moves away from pressure and then is sacked, ok. It's on Willy otherwise they are normally the responsibility of the oline/blockers/rb..

Why is everyone so defensive about Drew Willy?? He hasn't proven **** all yet. He had a few good games early on, just like Elliott did. They have similar skill-sets.

Willy doesn't deserve all the praise he's gotten this season. He's had the worst second half I've ever seen from a Bombers QB, without a doubt.