Odds and Sods - Winnipeg Blue Turkeys vs Edmonton Eskimoes

do or die

I said in my tough love thread I started a few weeks ago that Willy should sit. Back to back blowouts - I see no use in starting Willy anymore. He drops to #3 in the depth chart. Why? Cause he's the best, by far, QB we got. We need to preserve him. Last thing we need, especially with a banged up shoulder (ask Khari and Travis what a banged up shoulder on your throwing arm does for your career), is Willy taking another hellacious hit on that shoulder as we have no plan without him. If he throws another pass this year, I'll throw up. 

Time (like I said a few weeks ago) to see what, if anything Marve is capable of. Brohm gets the starts but Marve needs to see some significant playing time. Willy shouldn't play unless #'s 1 and 2 (Brohm and Marve) get killed, which could quite possibly happen

Frankly, I think that Willy has been banged up for quite a while.......that hand may be a problem....perhaps since the 5th game and the 2nd helmet jam, on it - Drew has had problems connecting on the long balls past that point.   He simply looks beat down and depressed, at this point....with no relief (competent blocking) in sight.  Might not be a bad idea to give Brohm and Marve some extended reps, moving forward......

Frankly, I think that Willy has been banged up for quite a while.......that hand may be a problem....perhaps since the 5th game and the 2nd helmet jam, on it - Drew has had problems connecting on the long balls past that point.   He simply looks beat down and depressed, at this point....with no relief (competent blocking) in sight.  Might not be a bad idea to give Brohm and Marve some extended reps, moving forward......

Yeah Noeller and I have been talking about that all summer, Willy ain't right, the accuracy just disappeared on him. The offseason is going to hit and we're going to get a long list of the things Willy has been playing through. Guy is beat up some kind of bad and it's not getting better. He is at the point where he doesn't trust his protection anymore either. Play Brohm, he looked decent for a backup, was throwing the ball quickly at least rather than just bracing for the hit. 

The source of this mess can also be attributed to hiring friends and or acquaintances. I'm pretty sure the Tracey hire fits that category and most likely Etch. They both have to go. Belefueille should also be on the bubble. They're incompetent. Mike also has to figure out that you can't be buddy buddy and act like a player. You won't get much accountability with that scenario. This team did not show up for two games now. If O'Shea can't see the huge red flags, then he better take a good long snort of the stuff he has at the bench. Wake-up Mike.

I heard, must have been a post game show, that there are fourteen o lineman on the bombers right now. So obviously the team is concerned about that.

can remember who said it.

If there are fourteen, the guys we have are probably trying their best, and just aren't good enough. If we have a three hour brawler, (Anderson) let's have a look.

You know everyone is on Etchevary but between he and Bellefeuille he's been the more reliable of the two and the quicker to make adjustments. Bellefeuille is still the same guy that nearly ended Anthony Calvillos career about 7 years before it actually ended. Guy is pathetically average and not very creative at all. I'd upgrade him before anyone else. 

I heard, must have been a post game show, that there are fourteen o lineman on the bombers right now. So obviously the team is concerned about that.

If there are fourteen, the guys we have are probably trying their best, and just aren't good enough. If we have a three hour brawler, (Anderson) let's have a look.

If we have been through 14 linemen and still cannot find 5 decent starters, someone's head should be on the block. It seems that every O-lineman we start is worse than the one he replaced. How bad must Hinze and Swystun be if they cannot crack this lineup? Goossen played a bit yesterday and wasn't noticeably bad, so maybe his time is done. The Roman Legions would execute every 10th soldier after a bad loss, so maybe its time to do  that here.

If we have been through 14 linemen and still cannot find 5 decent starters, someone's head should be on the block. It seems that every O-lineman we start is worse than the one he replaced. How bad must Hinze and Swystun be if they cannot crack this lineup? Goossen played a bit yesterday and wasn't noticeably bad, so maybe his time is done. The Roman Legions would execute every 10th soldier after a bad loss, so maybe its time to do  that here.

False, I kept asking who #61 was yesterday cause I kept seeing him getting overwhelmed. 

You know everyone is on Etchevary but between he and Bellefeuille he's been the more reliable of the two and the quicker to make adjustments. Bellefeuille is still the same guy that nearly ended Anthony Calvillos career about 7 years before it actually ended. Guy is pathetically average and not very creative at all. I'd upgrade him before anyone else. 

They both have to go as you can't waste another year recruiting players to fit their needs.

Oh yeah, we should definitely not play WIlly at all until the team is - at least - in the Grey Cup game.  No point in risking injury until we know we have a shot at the ultimate goal.

Hey max I disagree completely with this. Not sure why you'd say that? Unless your being sarcastic - in which case maybe you should re-read my post. Or phone Khari Jones and ask him how his shoulder is doing. Tell me, what's the point of playing your #1 guy, who you are banking on for next year and beyond, with a banged up hand and shoulder, with an offensive line that can't block and zero running game. 

Go ahead, I'm listening, I'd love to hear you non-sarcastic comment on why playing Willy to finish out the string (who btw is probably the worst QB in the league right now - don't believe me look at his stats the last few games - don't take my word on it) and risk his career on a lost season. 

Oh yeah, we should definitely not play WIlly at all until the team is - at least - in the Grey Cup game.  No point in risking injury until we know we have a shot at the ultimate goal.

Hey max I disagree completely with this. Not sure why you'd say that? Unless your being sarcastic - in which case maybe you should re-read my post. Or phone Khari Jones and ask him how his shoulder is doing. Tell me, what's the point of playing your #1 guy, who you are banking on for next year and beyond, with a banged up hand and shoulder, with an offensive line that can't block and zero running game. 

Go ahead, I'm listening, I'd love to hear you non-sarcastic comment on why playing Willy to finish out the string (who btw is probably the worst QB in the league right now - don't believe me look at his stats the last few games - don't take my word on it) and risk his career on a lost season. 

I agree it would be good to rest Willy, but unless he is not ready to go Doctor wise, or until we are officially eliminated from the playoffs, I still think you'll see him playing.

I agree it would be good to rest Willy, but unless he is not ready to go Doctor wise, or until we are officially eliminated from the playoffs, I still think you'll see him playing.

I'm not sure why some people don't seem to understand that Willy is a first year starter and needs the reps. If he's healthy, you play him. It's that simple.

If he struggles you take him out, if he's banged up you take him out but the guy is a first year starter and these are very valuable reps for him. 

We should have rested Willy in the Hamilton or Ottawa game... he has been playing banged up for some time and we've never given him a chance to heal.

If we have a crap game in Winnipeg next week, the boo birds will be out and, man, am I sick of seeing QBs ruined by that.

Brohm and Marve against Calgary.  Bring back Willy against BC.

I don't think it's the boo birds ruining our QBs so much as it is we are constantly throwing QBs into games looooong before they have any business running the offense in the regular season.

Yeah i really don't think the team cares if there are boo birds out, i mean really, if the team is being run by the fans and players are being sent packing cuz the fans are booing, we got bigger problems then who the coach or players are.