Will A Bomber Win This Friday Cause Hank To Be Permanently Benched?

Hank Benched  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Will Hank Be Thrown Out The Door With A Loss This Friday?

• Yes - Bench that old loser, he's nothing but a ticking time bomb.
    • Nah - The Redblacks will be okay with playing a bad QB.

For the Redblacks sake, they had better hope so.  Best QBs in the league are the ones with good instincts and just good football IQ in general, and old Hank has none of those.

I don't think we're gonna win by much in this game and our O which has been struggling will probably continue to do so, but 11 points will be enough to win due to Hank only being able to manage 7 points a game.

If you're a Redblack fan, it's time to blow up the team twitter page and demand he get benched and Elliot put in to turn on his Drew Brees mode and power up the Redblacks offense.

Desjardin's action so far have been so laughable and nonsensical that trying to guess what he has in mind is a crapshoot. A rational GM would have kept Glenn at a sane salary and used the extra money to improve the rest of the offense, but here we are. Whatever Dejardins would have gotten in trade for Burris from Sask would have been an improvement over what he has now, and the team's record would not have suffered from Burris' departure. The Glieberguys are long gone but the stupidity lingers on in Ottawa.

Desjardin's action so far have been so laughable and nonsensical that trying to guess what he has in mind is a crapshoot. A rational GM would have kept Glenn at a sane salary and used the extra money to improve the rest of the offense, but here we are. Whatever Dejardins would have gotten in trade for Burris from Sask would have been an improvement over what he has now, and the team's record would not have suffered from Burris' departure. The Glieberguys are long gone but the stupidity lingers on in Ottawa.

If the ORBs give up on Burris it's a colossal admission of a mistake in signing him as the franchise player and Desjardin is never going to admit that even on the day he's fired.  unless they can replace Burris with a better QB getting rid of him makes no sense whatsoever and diminishes their chances of improvement in the future.  The Ottawa games are still selling out so they've got some leeway to improve the team.  They do need to organize a major airlift of American talent and I would be surprised if that already isn't under way.

LMAO - I always thought, and said, that Hank is a very overrated QB. That being said, no way this is his fault. If you watch REDBLACK games you'll see that his receivers drop about every 3rd catchable ball thrown to them, in a good game. I can't recall now, maybe it was the B.C. game, but there was a game in Ottawa not so long ago they had it won, Burris hit Carter for a great pass and he dropped it. Then at the end, he tried him again, this time Carter hung on, well within field goal range, but he fumbled it and the other team (B.C.?) recovered and game over. 

Hank has not been great - but this is a total team effort in Ottawa. And if Willy can't go - I take Ottawa by 11 points, easy. 

Hank hasn't had much help but in the games i've watched, Hank is playing like total crap for the most part too. I just don't see how a guy could go all out for him, he doesn't seem to like to take the blame, he's always pointing  fingers at everyone but himself. I'm not gonna kid myself though, the guy has had a very good to excellent career, He is still one of the best QB's to play the game in my time watching the CFL but... once you reach that certain age, your skills seem to diminish a lot quicker, and for some reason, this season seems to be showing that for as good as Hank was in the past, maybe he's reached that point where he's not so good anymore. I also can't completely blame Henry for the poor year, I mean ottawa was kidding themselves if they thought they would do much better, but... his supporting cast ain't the greatest either. Henry has been terrible this year but he also hasn't had much help however he is the guy that touches the ball on every offensive play the ORB's have had this season so he's gotta take some/most the heat for sure. 

KptKrunch, on 02 Oct 2014 - 12:43 AM, said:

LMAO - I always thought, and said, that Hank is a very overrated QB.

Ding ding ding, we got a winner.

Anyway, the threads here have a point that Hank does not belong in the same convo as Warren Moon, not even close.  I'm gonna even predict he will not even become close to getting to the CFL hall of fame.

1 grey cup win against 5 or 6 for the more illustrious QBs in this league, that pretty much says it all.

But anyway, how long before the Fire Desjardins signs hang up in Ottawa?  The fact Campbell does not give Elliot and Carder significant playing time at this point is beyond stupid.  Any one of those QBs would make the Redblacks offense watchable for their fans over this trash.

Burris is a good QB.  He'll be in the Hall of Fame.  It's not his fault that the redblacks aren't winning.  Without him, they'd actually look worse than they have.  Ottawa isn't going to sit Burris and play their backup QB's.  We don't need a weekly Burris watch on the Bomber forum.

Burris is a good QB.  He'll be in the Hall of Fame.  It's not his fault that the redblacks aren't winning.  Without him, they'd actually look worse than they have.  Ottawa isn't going to sit Burris and play their backup QB's.  We don't need a weekly Burris watch on the Bomber forum.

I agree, his legacy however will be one of inconsistency. He's not the guy to win you a cup. In Ottawa's case they aren't going to be a contender for the cup anytime soon so it doesn't matter. Lets take a quick look at their defence-   last in sacks for, worst for rush yards allowed, worst for rushing td's allowed, 3rd worst for pass yards allowed. I'm not going to defend Burris but their defence has been their biggest problem IMO. 

So Ottawa has one win all season, and it's in no way Henry's fault, but we're 1-6 over our last seven and Drew Willy needs tough love. Your logic is brilliant. Absolutely brilliant. :rolleyes:

So people are wired like that though, they look at their own team through critical eyes but gloss over a lot of problems with other teams. See it happen all the time. 

So Ottawa has one win all season, and it's in no way Henry's fault, but we're 1-6 over our last seven and Drew Willy needs tough love. Your logic is brilliant. Absolutely brilliant. :rolleyes:

So people are wired like that though, they look at their own team through critical eyes but gloss over a lot of problems with other teams. See it happen all the time. 

Its the passion for ones team that sometimes prevents us from being objective at times. 

Its the passion for ones team that sometimes prevents us from being objective at times. 

We're fans!! That automatically means we are neither objective nor dispassionate. If we were, what would be the point in watching games and yelling at the TV?

We're fans!! That automatically means we are neither objective nor dispassionate. If we were, what would be the point in watching games and yelling at the TV?

My wife keeps asking me if I think they can hear me when I'm yelling.  I tell her " your dam right."   lol.

My wife keeps asking me if I think they can hear me when I'm yelling.  I tell her " your dam right."   lol.

If you yell loud enough they can. Especially if you wear your tinfoil hat.

Hank hasn't had much help but in the games i've watched, Hank is playing like total crap for the most part too. I just don't see how a guy could go all out for him, he doesn't seem to like to take the blame, he's always pointing  fingers at everyone but himself. I'm not gonna kid myself though, the guy has had a very good to excellent career, He is still one of the best QB's to play the game in my time watching the CFL but... once you reach that certain age, your skills seem to diminish a lot quicker, and for some reason, this season seems to be showing that for as good as Hank was in the past, maybe he's reached that point where he's not so good anymore. I also can't completely blame Henry for the poor year, I mean ottawa was kidding themselves if they thought they would do much better, but... his supporting cast ain't the greatest either. Henry has been terrible this year but he also hasn't had much help however he is the guy that touches the ball on every offensive play the ORB's have had this season so he's gotta take some/most the heat for sure.

I don't see any sign of aging in Burris at all ... He is still "Hank" but as good as ever

Well when you get no pressure on him all game, Hank is still a good QB. send pressure and he's not so good. Problem tonight was we couldn't generate any pressure at all on him and we seemingly played a zone type defense all game where our guys were  giving ottawas receivers a few yards to catch the ball and when they werent and had a chance to limit a big play, they couldn't tackle at all. 

DR. CFL, on 04 Oct 2014 - 12:03 AM, said:

I guess Hank made this post look pretty prothetic

Wasn't impressed at all by him.  Our corners were playing way off of those WRs and giving him checkdown plays all game.  Buck Pierce on his worst days would've easily had that many points the way our D was tackling as well.  That's what maybe 1 or 2 games all year for this old fart to play good?  He may be good till the end of the year but he's not gonna last.