Today's practice updates

gbill2004

@PentonKirk: Brian Brohm running the first-team offence. #Bombers

@PentonKirk: Paddy Neufeld not practising. Glenn January also watching. Devin Tyler still at right tackle. #Bombers

@PentonKirk: @garrettbillan1 Dan Knapp is at left tackle.

@PentonKirk: Bruce Johnson back at halfback, still no Ian Wild. #Bombers

@DarrinBauming: Mike Renaud back punting during #Bombers special teams drills today. He's been back at practice since Sep 10 after hamstring injury July 17.

@DarrinBauming: Running back Sam McGuffie getting heavy reps with #Bombers first-team O. Paris Cotton taking second-team reps. Grigsby and Volny watching.

@PentonKirk: Devin Tyler at right tackle, and Nick Moore has put his helmet away and is watching. #Bombers

@DarrinBauming: First two long-snaps from Carl Fitzgerald in full punt team reps skip off the turf, just as they did on the blocked punt Saturday night.

@DarrinBauming: Nic Grigsby now taking first-team reps in #Bombers second session.

@DarrinBauming: Now Canadian running back Carl Volny is taking reps with the #Bombers first-team O.

Almost every tailback got a turn with the first team O. I hope they don't take Sears out of the lineup just because Bruce is back.

While I'd like to see Sears on the field as much as possible. If bruce is healthy he should play. He's been arguably our best DB this year.

I'm not saying that Sears should start over Johnson, I'm saying that Sears shouldn't be completely removed from the lineup.

Almost every tailback got a turn with the first team O. I hope they don't take Sears out of the lineup just because Bruce is back.

While I'd like to see Sears on the field as much as possible. If bruce is healthy he should play. He's been arguably our best DB this year.

He most certainly has not. Randle has been the best and I don't think that's really up for debate. Johnson has been good no question about that, but has he been better than Washington? Not sure I can go that far. Was he any better than Sears was? Don't think I can say that either, has he been better than Leggett? Dunno about that either. Really what we have is a secondary that have all been doing quite a good job. Sears I wouldn't replace though, too much of a playmaker, gotta make room on the roster for guys like that. 

He most certainly has not. Randle has been the best and I don't think that's really up for debate. Johnson has been good no question about that, but has he been better than Washington? Not sure I can go that far. Was he any better than Sears was? Don't think I can say that either, has he been better than Leggett? Dunno about that either. Really what we have is a secondary that have all been doing quite a good job. Sears I wouldn't replace though, too much of a playmaker, gotta make room on the roster for guys like that. 

You know what "arguably" means right? I never claimed he was "the best".

and Dave's saying that you can't even really make the "argument", for "reasons" that were "accurate".....Chris "Randle" has been our "best" DB all year by a "mile" and likely "the" best in the "league.....

according to Penton, Sears could be returning kicks this week and McGuffie will play too.

Unless one of them handles all the returning, dressing two import tailbacks is a waste of a roster spot IMO.

I disagree.

Look at Cortez system, he has 2 import tailbacks every game but they have  Tristan Jackson returning kicks.

It's only a waste of spot if you don't utilize the other back. Even now, Volny is a waste of spot.

If Marcel can give each RB a number of snaps during the game by alternating them or on 2-backs packages, it's not a waste of spot, imo.

It's quite remarkable how the secondary has been shaped this year with player additions like Leggett, Randle and Johnson.

We knew what Washington was capable of but the nice surprise is the play of Bucknor…he definitely is no thrown-in Canadian slouch.

As to Desia Dunn, obviously there is more to his play than we can appreciate, as he has been a stable on defence for two years, forcing Sears to vie for a secondary position.

Ratio issues has forced another NI in the LB core but again, Big League has stepped up and handled that quite nicely.

If the NI situation was solved on O, would Sears displace an NI on D? 

and Dave's saying that you can't even really make the "argument", for "reasons" that were "accurate".....Chris "Randle" has been our "best" DB all year by a "mile" and likely "the" best in the "league.....

Other than his opinion, what reasons did he give to support Randle being our best db? He said it wasn't up for debate, then didn't debate it...

Other than his opinion, what reasons did he give to support Randle being our best db? He said it wasn't up for debate, then didn't debate it...

No other reasons are needed, it's a fact.