Durant likely to return this season

Migs

So let's say the Riders finish 3rd. Can they win in Edmonton and Calgary with a potentially rusty Durant?

Sure they can, Durant has a history of always playing great in the playoffs.

and by that of course you mean he has a history of beating playoff chokers right? Lots of wins vs. Burris in the playoffs. 

Madani was Bombers Communications/PR guy during Taman run there....super tight. Text regularly...not that it means anything, but just sayin'...

Why would Taman leak info about the offer for a player that was supposedly rejected knowing that a large portion of the fanbase can't stand the player in question? Sorry not buying it, Taman has nothing to gain by that.
What was there to lose in telling Madani after Desjardins had told Taman to go fly a whatever?
His reputation?

You really are amazing.

My name is Migs. Where I come from, GMs are always completely up front and there's no such thing as media spin.

So you honestly think Taman & the Riders medical staff are being dishonest about Durant's return just to please the fans? Wow you got me. lol

Let's just say they are being "overly optimistic".

If WPG gave Willy two weeks to see if he could throw even without surgery the idea of SSK plugging in Durant and have everything instantly back to normal is highly dubious.

Sure, they may not be lying but they are painting an incredibly rosey picture considering they have no idea what Durant can or cant do post surgery yet.

Rider fans really need to temper expectations here.

IF Durant were able to somehow start a playoff game his arm would be a noodle. Durant is the type of QB that is only effective when he is at his best physically. The Riders might be just as well off going with Sunseri even if Durant can dress. The chances of Durant coming back and being effective this year are extremely remote. I get that Rider fans want to cling to this last shred of hope on a rapidly sinking season but it really is a false hope. Unless they have replaced his elbow with a bionic one he simply doesn't have the time to get his arm back to full strength, and Durant is not good enough to succeed at anything less than full arm strength.

So let's say the Riders finish 3rd. Can they win in Edmonton and Calgary with a potentially rusty Durant?

Sure they can, Durant has a history of always playing great in the playoffs.

and by that of course you mean he has a history of beating playoff chokers right? Lots of wins vs. Burris in the playoffs.
Ahh so whenever Durant wins its because the other team choked. Wow that Durant is a lucky guy lol

If WPG gave Willy two weeks to see if he could throw even without surgery the idea of SSK plugging in Durant and have everything instantly back to normal is highly dubious.

Sure, they may not be lying but they are painting an incredibly rosey picture considering they have no idea what Durant can or cant do post surgery yet.

How long did it take Flutie to come back from the exact same injury?

Listened to Sportscage and what Migs forgot to mention is that Taman was speaking hypothetically. He said there is a chance that Durant could be suited up for game 17 or 18 depending on how his rehab goes. Nothing definitive saying he will be back and a lot of hope and "there is a chance" talk. Migs spun the entire thing.

If WPG gave Willy two weeks to see if he could throw even without surgery the idea of SSK plugging in Durant and have everything instantly back to normal is highly dubious.

Gee, if he recovers and comes back as Flutie he should have had that injury and surgery a long time ago. Could have had a dynasty.

IF Durant were able to somehow start a playoff game his arm would be a noodle. Durant is the type of QB that is only effective when he is at his best physically. The Riders might be just as well off going with Sunseri even if Durant can dress. The chances of Durant coming back and being effective this year are extremely remote. I get that Rider fans want to cling to this last shred of hope on a rapidly sinking season but it really is a false hope. Unless they have replaced his elbow with a bionic one he simply doesn't have the time to get his arm back to full strength, and Durant is not good enough to succeed at anything less than full arm strength.

This post makes no sense. What makes you think his arm would be noodle when other QBs have returned in less time that Durant's proposed return & performed well? And remember it is Durant's legs & experience that are just as much of an asset

And what with the assertion that Durant only plays well when he is at his best physically? How many injuries did DD play through his GC winning season last year?

Listened to Sportscage and what Migs forgot to mention is that Taman was speaking hypothetically. He said there is a chance that Durant could be suited up for game 17 or 18 depending on how his rehab goes. Nothing definitive saying he will be back and a lot of hope and "there is a chance" talk. Migs spun the entire thing.

He aint alone. Lots are drinking that particular batch of kool-aid.

Taman said on 620 ckrm Sportscage tonight that Riders will activate Durant for Game 17 & that he will play in Game 18. Doesn't sound like a false hope to me.

Don't believe everything that Pederson says...

Taman said on 620 ckrm Sportscage tonight that Riders will activate Durant for Game 17 & that he will play in Game 18. Doesn't sound like a false hope to me.

Peterson didn't say it, Taman did.

Yeah, Pederson  reported that Taman told him that.

I said exactly what Taman said. That the plan is to activate Durant for game 17 in Calgary & for Durant to play in week 18.

Also since you listened to the interview, do you still think it was Taman who leaked the Burris info to Arash Madani? lol

Yeah, Pederson reported that Taman told him that.

Listen to yesterday's sportscage interview, it begins around the 40min mark.

Gee, if he recovers and comes back as Flutie he should have had that injury and surgery a long time ago. Could have had a dynasty.

Can I play the piano anymore?

Of course you can!

Well I couldn't before

Dr Zaius Dr. Zaius

That sounds like Migs alright  ^_^ .

Sure ok. He said it, but I really think you misunderstood what he said.

I did listen to it and stand behind my assessment. You are spinning like a dreidel at Passover Migs. Right now no one, including Taman, has used any language other than "we are hopeful", " there is a chance", and "if things progress well".

Is Taman being optimistic, yep, would anyone expect him not to be...at least publically.

I did listen to it and stand behind my assessment. You are spinning like a dreidel at Passover Migs. Right now no one, including Taman, has used any language other than "we are hopeful", " there is a chance", and "if things progress well".

Is Taman being optimistic, yep, would anyone expect him not to be...at least publically.

Very good. Nothing in life is certain. I'm just relaying exactly what Taman stated in the interview.

Migs, comparing Durant's ability to play through a turf toe or a bruised rib to coming back from reconstructive elbow surgery is a little far fetched....even for a Rider apologist.

You're the one who said Durant can't play well when he isn't at his best physically. Give me an example.

I did listen to it and stand behind my assessment. You are spinning like a dreidel at Passover Migs. Right now no one, including Taman, has used any language other than "we are hopeful", " there is a chance", and "if things progress well".

Is Taman being optimistic, yep, would anyone expect him not to be...at least publically.

Good job avoiding my other question. Do you still think it was Taman who leaked the Burris story to Madani?

Sure ok. He said it, but I really think you misunderstood what he said.

I didn't misunderstand anything. Of course nothing is certain, I was just stating what Taman said, that the plan for Durant to return is for game 17 in Cgy. For some odd reason you brought up Rod Pederson.