Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
AtlanticRiderFan

The Music Thread

Recommended Posts

9 minutes ago, JCon said:

Well, he's suing them, so maybe he can sue his way back in? I would go, if he's there. 

Regret big time not seeing them the last time they were here bout 5 years ago but he's had that medical incident couple months ago and they thought his throat is gravel now. Not sure of latest.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Regret big time not seeing them the last time they were here bout 5 years ago but he's had that medical incident couple months ago and they thought his throat is gravel now. Not sure of latest.

 

 

I'm no huge FM fan by any means, but I was at that last tour when it hit Calgary, and it was definitely a solid show. So many hits between FM and Stevie's solo stuff...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Regret big time not seeing them the last time they were here bout 5 years ago but he's had that medical incident couple months ago and they thought his throat is gravel now. Not sure of latest.

 

 

Yes, I missed the last one. My boss went and raved about it. 

5 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I'm no huge FM fan by any means, but I was at that last tour when it hit Calgary, and it was definitely a solid show. So many hits between FM and Stevie's solo stuff...

Lots and lots of stuff. Listening to the early, early, stuff recently, and FM really changed over time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

probably for the  best, it sounded like a good idea then I remember reading about what went down at woodstock 99, people got angry because it was too damn hot and everything was too damn expensive, people these days would go crazy about not getting a wifi signal

https://www.tmz.com/2019/04/29/woodstock-50-canceled-music-festival/

Edited by iHeart

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I tunes partly responsible for people no longer listening to an entire album.

And Apple wants to emphasize streaming, which means much less money for the people that make the music.

Also, Itunes is a rattletrap mess.

Edited by Mark F

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Napster and the illegal music sharing platforms of the time were killing the music industry and letting people download single songs. 

iTunes and the iPod gave people an easy way to pay for legitimate music the way they wanted and were going to one way or another. 

Agree that iTunes has become a bloated mess and it’s time has come. 

Not a big fan of streaming either, but at the same time, most people just don’t seem to want to buy music anymore.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rich said:

 

Not a big fan of streaming either, but at the same time, most people just don’t seem to want to buy music anymore.  

I agree with this.

It's a real low point  for anyone attempting to survive as a full time musician/singer/songwriter/performer.

It's never been great, but now, it is abysmal.

Edited by Mark F

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Mark F said:

I agree with this.

It's a real low point  for anyone attempting to survive as a full time musician/singer/songwriter/performer.

It's never been great, but now, it is abysmal.

The only way its possible is to tour non-stop and even then it's not a lucrative business. The few friends I have that are still making their living off of music are rarely home and when they are, they're working a part time job to supplement their income.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

2 hours ago, ediger said:

The only way its possible is to tour non-stop and even then it's not a lucrative business. The few friends I have that are still making their living off of music are rarely home and when they are, they're working a part time job to supplement their income.

or do residencies in Vegas

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2019-05-29 at 6:51 AM, MOBomberFan said:

 

Love this song, especially the live version. I find that in general with Eric Clapton though. The acoustic/live versions are all fantastic. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just watched the Blaze Foley biopic on Netflix and it is really, really well done. John Prine has written enough brilliant songs on his own and doesn't need to cover anyone, but it says something about Blaze Foley's talent that he chose to cover Clay Pigeons.  Here's the original.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2019-06-11 at 9:29 AM, Wideleft said:

Here's the original.

Pretty sure you would like Jeffrey Martin... America is a crazy place, but they sure make great music.

 

Edited by Mark F

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just finished Wu Tang Clan (Of Mics and Men), a four part documentary series on the history of the Wu. I enjoyed it immensely. Some really good insight into the history of the Hip Hop legends.

 

Dollar dollar bills y'all. 

 

Edited by JCon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, JCon said:

I just finished Wu Tang Clan (Of Mics and Men), a four part documentary series on the history of the Wu. I enjoyed it immensely. Some really good insight into the history of the Hip Hop legends.

Finished it on Friday and also thoroughly enjoyed it.  I knew a lot of it but there was still quite a bit of interesting stuff that I hadn't heard before.  What they pulled off was amazing... so many artists signed to so many different labels.  It wasn't surprising to see how they almost self-destructed but the fact that they are still going is pretty incredible.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...