What Happens If We Beat The Ti-Cats?

Blitzy

This has been a major problem with the team since Mack arrived, players being handed starting roles without having earned them by beating out the incumbent. That is why all teams have a #1 QB until the next guy steps in and takes his job, nobody has taken the #1 job from Pierce and until someone does, he should still be #1. Same goes for every other starting position on the team. It's going to take time to correct the damage done by Mack but it will come.

That is a point, however Pierce has played like garbage all year.  Troy Kopp could beat him out right now.  That's why when I see him whining in the media I just do a Seth and Amy "REALLY?"  Have you seen the game film Buck?  You are just stinking it up like nobody's business out there.

That is a point, however Pierce has played like garbage all year.  Troy Kopp could beat him out right now.  That's why when I see him whining in the media I just do a Seth and Amy "REALLY?"  Have you seen the game film Buck?  You are just stinking it up like nobody's business out there.

lol, he's not the only one stinking it up...ehm Cauchy...jovon...everyone has taken turns stinking it up but I don't see any of those guys riding pine. Doesn't really matter though, you don't lose your starting role until someone else takes it from you.

This has been a major problem with the team since Mack arrived, players being handed starting roles without having earned them by beating out the incumbent. That is why all teams have a #1 QB until the next guy steps in and takes his job, nobody has taken the #1 job from Pierce and until someone does, he should still be #1. Same goes for every other starting position on the team. It's going to take time to correct the damage done by Mack but it will come.

Trouble is that Goltz in my eyes did beat out Pierce this year, which is more a statement on just how useless PIerce has been. I think Elliott beat out Pierce last season as well but we all know how that ended. Beating Pierce right now isn't hard, I fully expect that Hall will outperform Pierce this weekend as well just because Pierce has been THAT bad.

Trouble is that Goltz in my eyes did beat out Pierce this year, which is more a statement on just how useless PIerce has been. I think Elliott beat out Pierce last season as well but we all know how that ended. Beating Pierce right now isn't hard, I fully expect that Hall will outperform Pierce this weekend as well just because Pierce has been THAT bad.

Yeah but you're obviously not seeing it clearly.

Bottom line, win and the job is yours, close losses mean squat, we can get that with Pierce or any number of stiffs like Elliot or Brink.

Bottom line, win and the job is yours, close losses mean squat, we can get that with Pierce or any number of stiffs like Elliot or Brink.

so then doesn't it stand to reason that if the 9 year vet is giving us that kind of crap then we should stick with the guy just getting his feet wet starting games and has good potential? That's the real issue here, Goltz going behind Pierce on the depth chart. Pierce is old useless and done. Playing coach or cut are the options that we should be using with him but no, Crowton for god knows what reason wants him at #2. 

so then doesn't it stand to reason that if the 9 year vet is giving us that kind of crap then we should stick with the guy just getting his feet wet starting games and has good potential? That's the real issue here, Goltz going behind Pierce on the depth chart. Pierce is old useless and done. Playing coach or cut are the options that we should be using with him but no, Crowton for god knows what reason wants him at #2. 

No it doesn't, develop on the bench or in practice, games are played to be won, end of story.

No it doesn't, develop on the bench or in practice, games are played to be won, end of story.

which has what to do with Pierce? Goltz is giving us a better chance to win than Pierce simply by being able to run. Stop pretending that Pierce has actually been playing anywhere better than god awful. 

which has what to do with Pierce? Goltz is giving us a better chance to win than Pierce simply by being able to run. Stop pretending that Pierce has actually been playing anywhere better than god awful. 

I simply agree with the coaches, Goltz is not ready to step on the field and win games yet.

One thing that sometimes gets overlooked is just how young these players are. We put them on a pedastal because they're pro athletes, but they're stil just little kids for the most part. I think they can be forgiven for sometimes speaking without thinking everything through first. Hell, I'm 33 and I still do it far more than I should. Ya, they're pros and they need to act like it, but they're still human and just young'uns, for the most part. 

Just listen to what Pete Rose said today. How old is he? LOL!

I can understand why Goltz is upset though. After the game Burke was very clear that Goltz has been better than Pierce and that the receivers really let him down a lot at the end there and was in general very supportive of the guy.... and then he turns around and tells him he's #3 on the depth chart. To me that would really feel like the boss is lying to me about where I stand. 

OMG! Who really cares? Is there that much difference between #1 and #3 on a bad football team? They're all bad! Why is this such a big deal? Besides, as another poster said, Goltz had his shot and couldn't hit the broad side of a barn! Maybe the only way to make the babies happy is to make them all #1 and keep rotating them until one of them starts playing well and then ride him until he doesn't and then go to the next one. Good grief! What a bunch of *******!

OMG! Who really cares? Is there that much difference between #1 and #3 on a bad football team? They're all bad! Why is this such a big deal? Besides, as another poster said, Goltz had his shot and couldn't hit the broad side of a barn! Maybe the only way to make the babies happy is to make them all #1 and keep rotating them until one of them starts playing well and then ride him until he doesn't and then go to the next one. Good grief! What a bunch of *******!

It's pro football. These guys get paid to win, not play. Goltz was a D3 qb. Not D1 so you figure something was already up as a guy with that kind of physical stature would be an automatic D1 recruit out of HS. With the Bombers he practiced for 3 years. When Goltz finally had his chance he was no great shakes. Has accuracy problems. Burke knew that. Crowton knew  that. Mack knew that as he has been with the team for years & yet they still played him. He never should have played at all but Buck has been so gawd awful so they had to. Goltz had his chance. Now, it's Hall's turn. Let him run with it.

It's pro football. These guys get paid to win, not play. Goltz was a D3 qb. Not D1 so you figure something was already up as a guy with that kind of physical stature would be an automatic D1 recruit out of HS. With the Bombers he practiced for 3 years. When Goltz finally had his chance he was no great shakes. Has accuracy problems. Burke knew that. Crowton knew  that. Mack knew that as he has been with the team for years & yet they still played him. He never should have played at all but Buck has been so gawd awful so they had to. Goltz had his chance. Now, it's Hall's turn. Let him run with it.

Since when in the CFL is 2 starts "his chance"? With a putrid offense that hasn't done anything of note in over 2 years, you'd think that putting up average numbers for 2 weeks and good numbers in clean-up 3 weeks ago wouldn't be a complete write-off for a career. Reilly has had worse games -- and more chances -- with the Eskimos this year, for instance. We usually give QBs more than a couple games to make a name for themselves.

This whole thing reeks of politics and coaches/management trying to get their "guy" a chance, and nothing to do with results.

(And I actually think Hall has better tools than Goltz long-term. But my God is this merry-go-round ridiculous.)

exactly what I was thinking.  Who the hell cares what the QB depth chart is right now.  Win a few games, then whine about it after that.  At this point who is where on a depth chart should be the least of the coaches, fans and especially players worries. 

exactly what I was thinking.  Who the hell cares what the QB depth chart is right now.  Win a few games, then whine about it after that.  At this point who is where on a depth chart should be the least of the coaches, fans and especially players worries. 

Because if Hall gets hurt or gets benched I'd rather it be Goltz going in than Pierce. It shows that our coaches still haven't accepted the fact that PIerce is washed up. Yeah Goltz wasn't a lot better than PIerce, but he was still better and has more upside to him. 

Because if Hall gets hurt or gets benched I'd rather it be Goltz going in than Pierce. It shows that our coaches still haven't accepted the fact that PIerce is washed up. Yeah Goltz wasn't a lot better than PIerce, but he was still better and has more upside to him. 

I think if Hall gets pulled and Buck goes in and stinks the coaches aren't going to wait too long with the hook, a few series at best.  At this point Goltz or Buck, it doesn't matter to me, we're getting the same level of meh.  After their cry-baby displays on Monday I wouldn't mind seeing both of them punted.

I think if Hall gets pulled and Buck goes in and stinks the coaches aren't going to wait too long with the hook, a few series at best.  At this point Goltz or Buck, it doesn't matter to me, we're getting the same level of meh.  After their cry-baby displays on Monday I wouldn't mind seeing both of them punted.

A bit harsh.

People would go absolutely berserk. I don't even want to imagine that kind of backlash.