Chances of Bombers signing Sheets?

Fatty Liver

It looks like both Dressler and Sheets will be headed back to the CFL at some point in the near future.  Riders can't afford to sign both and consensus is they need Dressler more than Sheets.

Can't think of too many other teams that are short of performance at RB this year so there shouldn't be much competition plus the Bombers should have plenty of cap space.  What price could Sheets command, $120,000?  What are the odds Walters makes a play for him?  OTH without holes to run through he may look entirely average.

Until we get lineman capable of run blocking, I wouldn't be tying up money in a running back regardless of how good he is.

In the CFL you can't always put your horse before the carriage.  Should be some good O-liners shaking free with the NFL cuts and besides Zach's bros. is already on his way to Domi-Nation!

Until we get lineman capable of run blocking, I wouldn't be tying up money in a running back regardless of how good he is.

I'm excited to see what Chad Anderson does.  I can see him being a staple on the Bombers OL for many years to come.

Lets see how he does first before making proclamations like that. He's never played the Canadian game before.

Hard to say who the top paid Intl. RB in the league would be but probably doesn't come near what Cornish would earn nor Harris behind him.  Seeing as they're both Natls. that kind of skews things. Sheets might like to think he deserves Cornish's pay but his passport and 9 G.M.'s would probably tell him he doesn't.   Ottawa just showed Chevon Walker a lot of love by extending his contract so maybe that makes him the top earner amongst Intl. RBs.  I doubt any of these guys earn more than $120,000 unless they can prove they're the next Mike Pringle.

Sheets was injured tonight in Green Bay. Season over.

Kory #1Time Sheets ‏@Sheets24K 56s

A dream deferred....out for the year

Somewhere in Regina Brendan Taman is angrily crumpling a napkin
I don't think he was coming here anyways for a few reasons:

1. I think he would have made the team. There were talks about him possibly being the 3rd RB.

2. Even if he didn't, if we were to sign Dressler (and possibly Green), we wouldn't be able to afford Sheets. He would have either went elsewhere in the CFL, or another NFL team would have signed him.

This sucks for Kory big time.  He likely makes that team had he stayed healthy and even if he didn't make the Raiders he would have been due for a healthy offer from a CFL team (unlikely the Riders). Hate to see guys get hurt like that.