Chad Johnson just can't help himself ...

IC Khari

I actually agree that the hugging was "no big deal" in and of itself but also should have been flagged because you should not touch an official.  Period.  To me it came across like he was thanking the ref for making a call go his way which should never be allowed.

As for the TD, explain the rule to me.  If the ball is in his hands as he crosses the goaline, is it automatically a TD or does he have to have control and survive contact?  Because to me, if that play happened anywhere else on the field, it would have been ruled incomplete.

I don't get why some want to "hate" on johnson, what did the guy do really? In the NFL, he was a showman, had some fun, woopedidoo.. yeah a couple off field issues but man what football player doesn't have off field issues, the guy doesn't need to play up here, he's loaded, has all the money in the world, is playing for the love of the game.. and regardless is good publicity for the league... say what you want but the als signing johnson is probably the biggest PR move in the history of the CFL, you got a name player people in the states know and are well aware of, it could be worse, its not like he's killed a guy or anything like that... hugging a ref? yeah i thought he should have been flagged too or fined, just cuz you can't touch the refs really but... declining an interview? who cares. 

I don't get why some want to "hate" on johnson, what did the guy do really? In the NFL, he was a showman, had some fun, woopedidoo.. yeah a couple off field issues but man what football player doesn't have off field issues, the guy doesn't need to play up here, he's loaded, has all the money in the world, is playing for the love of the game.. and regardless is good publicity for the league... say what you want but the als signing johnson is probably the biggest PR move in the history of the CFL, you got a name player people in the states know and are well aware of, it could be worse, its not like he's killed a guy or anything like that... hugging a ref? yeah i thought he should have been flagged too or fined, just cuz you can't touch the refs really but... declining an interview? who cares.

Well since you're asking, he did physically assault his wife pretty badly.

Just rewatching the game on TSN2. Why was Johnson's TD not reviewed by the league? Aren't all scoring plays immediately reviewed? Black and forded both say that it will be reviewed but then they don't. After watching it again he doesn't maintain possession. Guess in the end it didn't matter but they need to review that.

Why do you assume they didn't review it. Most scoring plays they don't announce anything - only when there is a delay due to the review.

Thats just it. I don't feel they could have come to a decision that quickly. They should have taken a few minutes to review. They just lined up and kicked the convert. He had it in his hands but it was out when he hit the ground.

Why do you assume they didn't review it. Most scoring plays they don't announce anything - only when there is a delay due to the review.

Thats just it. I don't feel they could have come to a decision that quickly. They should have taken a few minutes to review. They just lined up and kicked the convert. He had it in his hands but it was out when he hit the ground.

It wasn't out when he hit the ground. He was tackled and landed on his back - he had possession of the ball. It didn't start to come out until he started to roll over. 

• 4 weeks later...

Another washed-up guy using his personality to collect a cheque. I don't think he's selling many extra tix in Mont. but he's sure selling himself. When is the CFL going to learn that most of these former so-called 'great' nfl guys coming up here, are end of story guys. Looks good on Poop though.

Another washed-up guy using his personality to collect a cheque. I don't think he's selling many extra tix in Mont. but he's sure selling himself. When is the CFL going to learn that most of these former so-called 'great' nfl guys coming up here, are end of story guys. Looks good on Poop though.

IMHO nothing looks good on poop.

IMHO nothing looks good on poop.

i-pooped-today.jpg