Joe Mack's Legacy

IC Khari

Joe Mack's Legacy  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Joe Mack's tenure here produced what?

• Four years of futility
    • Some good things to build upon

Cut Morley and Labbe please... maybe BStew and JJ too - might as well save some cash since there are no ticket sales

Going out on a limb here but I think there may be a sharp decline in attendance after Banjo Bowl.

I think you're on a pretty solid branch...Banjo Bowl takes care of itself...after that look out!

Cut Morley and Labbe please... maybe BStew and JJ too - might as well save some cash since there are no ticket sales

Going out on a limb here but I think there may be a sharp decline in attendance after Banjo Bowl.

I think you're on a pretty solid branch...Banjo Bowl takes care of itself...after that look out!

It could get real ugly.  It is one thing to lose the ticket sales but having empty seats will cost them huge $$$$$ in vendor sales.  

Can't blame the fans for not wanting to go, how long can you ask people to keep buying a poor product?

Stupid management & coaching brought this team to this point. The fans kept up their end of the bargain but the morons running this team didn't. This team is bleeding because of their utter stupidity. Too much of rewarding buddies & friends with jobs they didn't deserve. Not enough of hiring the most qualified people to build a winning team. Think it's gonna change? I am hopeful that things do but I just don't think things will. I predict that certain people in the organization will get "their  guys" in place like it's always been done even though better candidates much more qualified will be on the outside looking in... And nothing will change.

I would be concerned about ticket sales.... I'm a pretty big hardcore fan and I haven't even gone to a game this season to check out the new place yet......    when I would rather hang out with the wife and the baby and watch honey boo boo over going to see the Blue play live.... you know the team is the drizzling poops....

I would be concerned about ticket sales.... I'm a pretty big hardcore fan and I haven't even gone to a game this season to check out the new place yet......    when I would rather hang out with the wife and the baby and watch honey boo boo over going to see the Blue play live.... you know the team is the drizzling poops....

Honey Boo Boo, OMFG, Brandon!!

Honey Boo Boo, OMFG, Brandon!!

I think the home and home with the Roughies will dictate what our attendance looks like.  If we can stay competitive in both games, coupled with the *gasp* willingness to bring in new blood, people will show up as long as the weather is nice and traffic in and out on gameday continues to improve.

Now if we go and bomb the LDC again, and get stomped on the following week, yeah, probably 26,000/27,000 announced crowds with far less in the seats. Not exactly the way IGF's opening season was to go down...especially one year late.

I'll be there either way....though this season is the first I've left multiple games early. Ah well...

I'd still rather be a Bomber than a f*cking Roughrider!

And you really expected LaBatte to say otherwise? It was an easy opportunity for him to justify his decision and make the Bombers look bad. Did Irving ask him if he told LaPo he didn't want to play centre? These guys aren't stupid. Lets all feel sorry for how poorly he was treated. Not!

Irving said that he thinks the Bombers didn't do enough to keep him. Basically they didn't offer him enough money, don't make him play center & do whatever it takes to get his name on a new contract. I think that is what Irving was talking about.

The problem is that we have it from Labattes own mouth that he didn't tell the Bombers that he didn't want to play centre. Yeah they could have offered him a ton more money... but the riders likely would have offered more as well and then there's still the home factor as well as Labatte not stating his wishes to the Bombers regarding position. Look I know you love to jump all over what the past management did, but Labatte seemed very keen to go to Saskatchewan and it's hard to fight that. 

I guess we'll never know the real story. There seemed to be a pattern with Mack. Players we had or could've had either left or wouldn't come here under his watch. Can only hope that things have changed now. Guess we'll see this off season.

So what about all the guys that signed extensions with the Bombers during his regime? Were all of them idiots? Some of them could've tested the market and possibly even made more money at the time, but chose to sign here. It goes both ways.

All I'm saying is that it wasn't complete ineptitude. We were terrible more than we were good, but a team doesn't start off a season 7-1 and eventually make it to the Grey Cup game with the kind of behind-the-scenes chaos some are implying was happening. Yes, there was some weird decisions and even many bad ones, but it's really convenient to be able to come out with all this stuff when the other side can't (and probably won't bother to) defend themselves.

I guess we'll never know the real story. There seemed to be a pattern with Mack. Players we had or could've had either left or wouldn't come here under his watch. Can only hope that things have changed now. Guess we'll see this off season.

So what about all the guys that signed extensions with the Bombers during his regime? Were all of them idiots? Some of them could've tested the market and possibly even made more money at the time, but chose to sign here. It goes both ways.

All I'm saying is that it wasn't complete ineptitude. We were terrible more than we were good, but a team doesn't start off a season 7-1 and eventually make it to the Grey Cup game with the kind of behind-the-scenes chaos some are implying was happening. Yes, there was some weird decisions and even many bad ones, but it's really convenient to be able to come out with all this stuff when the other side can't (and probably won't bother to) defend themselves.

Talk to Irving. he was the one who said that the Bombers can't let players like LaBatte get away. He's a lot closer to  the team than us & probably has more knowledge about what happened than we do.

Why does anyone think that Irving or Penton has any true insight as to why a player makes a decision. People hear what they want and believe what they want. The guy left for greener pastures.....case closed. Gone and get over it. Players leave for three reasons:

Geography, money or playtime.