Joe Mack's Legacy

IC Khari

Joe Mack's Legacy  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Joe Mack's tenure here produced what?

• Four years of futility
    • Some good things to build upon

Tell me Iso, in your own opinion, what do YOU think LaBatte was thinking and where you think he really would have gone.

No Mack BS involved, just where would LaBatte have ended up, all things considered?

Good question. I do think that preferences for leaving to go elsewhere is always overidden by the amount of $$ being paid. People go a long way to work from home to make more money. I think if Mack had offered more then maybe Labatte would have stayed. Labatte's girlfriend could have moved to Winnipeg. Show Me The Money. I think it came down to that but it's me speculating.

Tell me Iso, in your own opinion, what do YOU think LaBatte was thinking and where you think he really would have gone.

No Mack BS involved, just where would LaBatte have ended up, all things considered?

Good question. I do think that preferences for leaving to go elsewhere is always overidden by the amount of $$ being paid. People go a long way to work from home to make more money. I think if Mack had offered more then maybe Labatte would have stayed. Labatte's girlfriend could have moved to Winnipeg. Show Me The Money. I think it came down to that but it's me speculating.

ok so what if the Bombers offer more, but the Riders also offer more too? Where do you draw the line for money? 

Probably rebus, just the way Bob & Penton were talking at the end made it sound like they felt Mack should have done more. Or, I interpreted it that way. We don't know what actually happened in discussions or what the offer was that Mack gave him. Just sucks to see him in a Rider uniform.

Probably rebus, just the way Bob & Penton were talking at the end made it sound like they felt Mack should have done more. Or, I interpreted it that way. We don't know what actually happened in discussions or what the offer was that Mack gave him. Just sucks to see him in a Rider uniform.

Penton made a good point, you can control offering more $ and not saying we're going to switch your position.

Penton made a good point, you can control offering more $ and not saying we're going to switch your position.

However if position was such a big deal Labatte should have brought that up in negotiations as well, he never did that. 

He wanted to leave to play at home ... how tough is that to figure out? Who knows, maybe when Mack saw the Riders offer and realized even if we went higher, they really wanted him and that they had the intangible that we couldn't offer (Sask was his home), he decided to give up. Hard to say ... Mack's not talking about it and no one cares anymore.

Just relistened to this on the CJOB audio vault.

Irving asked Labatte "Did you leave Winnipeg because Paul Lapolice said you might have to play center, because you wanted to come home, or because Saskatchewan offered you more money?"

The gist of Labatte's reply was "It was a bit of all three to be honest with you."

It's a pity we lost him and I think that wanting him to switch positions was a dumb move.

However if position was such a big deal Labatte should have brought that up in negotiations as well, he never did that.

we can't know that.

we can't know that.

Yeah we can, it was directly from him in an article on it shortly after it happened. 

I would be concerned about ticket sales.... I'm a pretty big hardcore fan and I haven't even gone to a game this season to check out the new place yet......    when I would rather hang out with the wife and the baby and watch honey boo boo over going to see the Blue play live.... you know the team is the drizzling poops....

Honey Boo Boo, OMFG, Brandon!!

Watching this makes me realize how smart I am to NOT have cable TV in my house.

you think that he never voiced his displeasure at being switched even once... until he left and then he just sprung that on everyone?

beyond belief.

He said exactly that. He didn't want to play centre but decided not to say anything.

That's the way I remember it.

It wasn't brought up 'til later. 

Belief it...or not.

you think that he never voiced his displeasure at being switched even once... until he left and then he just sprung that on everyone?

beyond belief.

which is what leads believability to the fact that he was looking to go home all along and was simply using the Bombers to get as much money from the Riders as possible.