Injury updates

Why is everyone so high on Peach anyways?  I've never seen him play, but from the love he gets here I imagine most of you must have seen him play and liked what you saw?

I've checked practice rosters of other teams and Peach seems to be the only National OL I can find on any roster that actually has some playing time experience. Should we go out and grab Brad Erdos from the Stamps instead? Matt Vonk from the Riders? Maybe. Hugo Demarais from Ottawa? (who?) Jaskaran Dhillon from the Argos? Jake Piotrowski from the Als? The point is the pickings are pretty slim, so if you can find a National OL out there with playing experience whose name isn't Tyson Pencer or Chris Kowalchuk then you need to at least give them a serious look.

Can anybody figure out how we would manage 3 internationals on the OL? That would leave 2 nationals on the OL, 2 at receiver, 2 on D and the 7th would be.....? A third national on D? A 4 receiver, 1 FB/TE set?

My guess is that a 3 import OL means Leggett would lose his job to a Canadian. This would only work if Alexander is back healthy.

Can anybody figure out how we would manage 3 internationals on the OL? That would leave 2 nationals on the OL, 2 at receiver, 2 on D and the 7th would be.....? A third national on D? A 4 receiver, 1 FB/TE set?

My guess is that a 3 import OL means Leggett would lose his job to a Canadian. This would only work if Alexander is back healthy.

I hope not Leggett.

I can think of Sherman starts over Sears (or Dunn), then Unamba will sit in favor of a backup Canadian (Alexander or Norris LB/DE?).

So in summation...  7 Canadian starters are : Morley, Neufeld, Kohlert, Feoli-Gudino, Thomas, Sherman and Bucknor.

4 DIs are: Kuale, Sears/Dunn, Anderson and Woods

3 NIs on defence. Basically a NI LB on at all times, and Thomas won't be able to sub out for a LB, cause that LB who's been replacing him will already be on.

Unamba probably comes off. Dunn moves to DI.

It's also just day 1 really so who knows by friday, maybe tomorrow its swiston or goossen taking the reps, maybe morley is moved to guard and goossen goes to the centre position. Still pretty early.

Yeah I was thinking that too. I just can't see messing with the Defence right now - especially with Goosen and Swiston around to play guard. If we can't start either of those guys, what's the point of them taking up a roster spot? I can see we're still developing Goosen but it's poop or get off the pot time with Swiston, if he is actually healthy (and if not healthy, then he should be on the IR).

Dan Federkeil looks like he's coming off the IR list - if Walters is trading, I would love to see the bombers pick him up.  30 years old is prime for an OL and he's an RT...  would have to give up a 2nd rounder and maybe a prospect or ST but worth it

If we are not trading, I don't see room for Peach to be activated on Calgary's roster...

Is it more important to keep Willy healthy and does that mean 3 international OL or is it more important to have a stronger defense (the argument for 3 National OL)? Which switch hurts the team less?

i still think the biggest danger to Willy comes from the blitz when the O-Line is outnumbered.so adding another Int. to the ratio is not going to solve that problem.  Witnessed many times last year when a DB or LB ran outside of January untouched to get a clear shot on Max Hall.  Not January's fault because at the time he was fully occupied with a D-Lineman and Will Ford was usually wandering around somewhere up field "workin' on his juke".