Injury updates

@DarrinBauming: #Bombers RG Chris Greaves will miss a few weeks with a knee injury. O'Shea says they'll look at options through the week as to who will play

Ouch. What was Huffer's phone number again? Is Peach still on the menu?

Isn't there a gentlemans ruling in the CFL that you don't take our PR players?

Yes but a lot of people on here don't seem to understand that. It does happen but is extremely rare.

The gentleman's agreement is pretty much on draft picks and calling the other team before you raid them.

For the most part, team's are fine with their own roster/PR guys... so it doesn't happen that much.  If you really like a prospect, you hide him on the IR.

Get Peach.

Yes but a lot of people on here don't seem to understand that. It does happen but is extremely rare.

The gentleman's agreement is pretty much on draft picks and calling the other team before you raid them.

For the most part, team's are fine with their own roster/PR guys... so it doesn't happen that much. If you really like a prospect, you hide him on the IR.

Get Peach.

All the Stamps have to do is add him to their roster and he's no longer available, if Bombers try to sign him. I wouldn't be surprised if Walters already called Huff to inquire on Peach.

For the most part, team's are fine with their own roster/PR guys... so it doesn't happen that much. If you really like a prospect, you hide him on the IR.

Get Peach.

All the Stamps have to do is add him to their roster and he's no longer available, if Bombers try to sign him. I wouldn't be surprised if Walters already called Huff to inquire on Peach.

I don't think activating someone is quite as easy as that... you have to add someone to your PR which I believe means releasing them and then adding them to PR - not sure though.

I think a more likely scenario is that Goossen gets the start at RG and Swiston becomes our 6th OL - also wouldn't be surprised if Hinse makes a miraculous recovery...

Now that I think of it, I might wait a couple games before making a move for Peach.

I don't think activating someone is quite as easy as that... you have to add someone to your PR which I believe means releasing them and then adding them to PR - not sure though.

I think a more likely scenario is that Goossen gets the start at RG and Swiston becomes our 6th OL - also wouldn't be surprised if Hinse makes a miraculous recovery...

Now that I think of it, I might wait a couple games before making a move for Peach.

Why do you have to add someone to the PR?  All you have to do is clear a spot on the 46 man roster.  Could be by releasing someone or moving someone to the injured list.

Why do you have to add someone to the PR?  All you have to do is clear a spot on the 46 man roster.  Could be by releasing someone or moving someone to the injured list.

That's how I understand it. I do recall a few guys being snatched up from the PR in years gone by but it is rare and I do believe if someone is claimed, the team the player was on the PR of has 24 hours to activate him or lose him to the claimant. And as I understand Juran you got it 100% right - all that team needs to do is throw an active member to the 1 game and then add the claimed player to their 46 man and that's it. Now, the team that wants him would have to make a trade for him (and I'd assume they would )

Great news about Willy ............ WHEW

I think the only reason that this is even possible is because of the emergence of Teague Sherman. That being said, I'd be burning up the phone lines with Huffer right now about Peach.

There are only about two teams in the entire league that couldn't make use of Peach at this point.  It's got to be some bad voodoo that's keeping them from raiding Huff's cookie jar.

There are only about two teams in the entire league that couldn't make use of Peach at this point.  It's got to be some bad voodoo that's keeping them from raiding Huff's cookie jar.

I think they know that Huff is too smart to get caught napping and just lose Peach for nothing. Huffer is probably weighing offers right now from several teams, and as the National OL go down to injury, Peach's value is only going to go up.

I think they know that Huff is too smart to get caught napping and just lose Peach for nothing. Huffer is probably weighing offers right now from several teams, and as the National OL go down to injury, Peach's value is only going to go up.

Because he has never put a valuable player on his PR and subsequently lost that player to another team.

Especially not a first round draft pick.

Because he has never put a valuable player on his PR and subsequently lost that player to another team.

Especially not a first round draft pick.

Is this an Ameet Pall reference? If so I don't think the two situations are quite the same. Pall was injured, or seemed to be, and just wanted to go home to Montreal.

I think the only reason that this is even possible is because of the emergence of Teague Sherman. That being said, I'd be burning up the phone lines with Huffer right now about Peach.

There are only about two teams in the entire league that couldn't make use of Peach at this point. It's got to be some bad voodoo that's keeping them from raiding Huff's cookie jar.

It's a game of chicken, and who knows if Peach even wants to leave based on an opportunity elsewhere. Either way, the Stamps are in control. If they want him, he won't be going anywhere.