My Prediction - The Bombers win

www.ubbullrun.com/2014/7/2/5856998/buffalo-bulls-cfl-winnipeg-blue-bombers-drew-willy

Ottawa at Winnipeg (Drew Willy)

• Last Week: Drew Willy was the shining star of the CFL last week, getting attention on both sides of the border as he led the Blue Bombers to a big win over preseason eastern division favorite Toronto.
  • This Week: The Blue bombers have a chance to start their season 2-0 for the first time in several years when they host Ottawa. The expansion Red Blacks are led by Henry Burris, a quarterback with 17 years of NFL and CFL experience. Last season Burris had an amazing year but he was released by Hamilton in favor of a younger Zach Collaros. Ottawa, who was reportedly looking at Willy in the expansion draft, snatched up Burris.
  • Expectation: I have been told that It's rare in the CFL to see a team put up 40+ points in two straight games and Ottawa did not look like an expansion team during the preseason. The RedBlacks have an experienced roster that won't play like a new team. Willy and the Bombers will still prevail but in a much narrow fashion: Winnipeg 31 - Ottawa 17

A team playing its first game worries me, because I expect them to come out as fired up as they'll be all year. 

That said, I love how prepared and disciplined O'Shea's Bombers were last week.  I don't think O'Shea is the type that tolerates complacency, and expect a really high compete level out of Winnipeg.  Think it'll be higher scoring because I don't think Ottawa's going to be able to play great defence with their poor NI situation. 

Bombers 36 - Roughrenegblacks 27

Interesting side note... from an article in the freep.... how do you prepare for a team that's never played before.... I think it will be a close game

Chemistry is a big key on the OL and that's gonna be an issue for the ReturnBacks.

A team playing its first game worries me, because I expect them to come out as fired up as they'll be all year.

That said, I love how prepared and disciplined O'Shea's Bombers were last week. I don't think O'Shea is the type that tolerates complacency, and expect a really high compete level out of Winnipeg. Think it'll be higher scoring because I don't think Ottawa's going to be able to play great defence with their poor NI situation.

I thought the Jets would win their first game based on their emotion too... Bombers 5 - Redblacks 1

That said, I love how prepared and disciplined O'Shea's Bombers were last week. I don't think O'Shea is the type that tolerates complacency, and expect a really high compete level out of Winnipeg. Think it'll be higher scoring because I don't think Ottawa's going to be able to play great defence with their poor NI situation.

I thought the Jets would win their first game based on their emotion too... Bombers 5 - Redblacks 1

Hmm, does Ottawa have Tim Stapleton on their roster?

Wahoo wahoo wahoo wahoo............you really think the Bomber will only score 300?  I think you're a little low.

well we are going to be denied at least three TD's due to the fact Bryant Turner won't be there forcing fumbles in the end zone.

I still say that Willy should play the first half in a lazy-boy, or at least be forced to throw left-handed.

Ottawa will be competitive tomorrow because they've got a good QB, and I actually expect their defense to look a little better than Toronto's. I would be surprised if this was an easy victory.

Then again, I don't mean to brag, but the Bombers are 1-0 when I'm in attendance this year so maybe I just have that effect...

Ottawa will be competitive tomorrow because they've got a good QB, and I actually expect their defense to look a little better than Toronto's. I would be surprised if this was an easy victory.

Then again, I don't mean to brag, but the Bombers are 1-0 when I'm in attendance this year so maybe I just have that effect...

The Bombers are 1-0 this year when I am falling down drunk so I guess I'll have to take one for the team and do it again...sigh...

The Bombers are 1-0 this year when I am falling down drunk so I guess I'll have to take one for the team and do it again...sigh...

Now, if only the Bombers would agree to help you with the morning after.....