My Prediction - The Bombers win

Ottawa will be competitive tomorrow because they've got a good QB, and I actually expect their defense to look a little better than Toronto's. I would be surprised if this was an easy victory.

Then again, I don't mean to brag, but the Bombers are 1-0 when I'm in attendance this year so maybe I just have that effect...

The Bombers are 1-0 this year when I am falling down drunk so I guess I'll have to take one for the team and do it again...sigh...

Yeah. Meant to text you. You coming over again?

CKND just announced Bombers have sold just under 26,000 seats as of 5pm today.

With hot weather looming - they should be able to grind out a nice walk up of 1000 to top out at 27,000

Still 6,000+ short of a sell-out but a step in the right direction, especially with a no-name team coming into town (other than 40 yr old Hank Burris)

www.ubbullrun.com/2014/7/2/5856998/buffalo-bulls-cfl-winnipeg-blue-bombers-drew-willy

Ottawa at Winnipeg (Drew Willy)

• Last Week: Drew Willy was the shining star of the CFL last week, getting attention on both sides of the border as he led the Blue Bombers to a big win over preseason eastern division favorite Toronto.
  • This Week: The Blue bombers have a chance to start their season 2-0 for the first time in several years when they host Ottawa. The expansion Red Blacks are led by Henry Burris, a quarterback with 17 years of NFL and CFL experience. Last season Burris had an amazing year but he was released by Hamilton in favor of a younger Zach Collaros. Ottawa, who was reportedly looking at Willy in the expansion draft, snatched up Burris.
  • Expectation: I have been told that It's rare in the CFL to see a team put up 40+ points in two straight games and Ottawa did not look like an expansion team during the preseason. The RedBlacks have an experienced roster that won't play like a new team. Willy and the Bombers will still prevail but in a much narrow fashion: Winnipeg 31 - Ottawa 17

Further to that, the style of defense played by Ottawa should be a hell of a lot harder to make big plays and score TD's against than what we saw from Toronto (combined with inexperienced DB's), gonna be a lot of cover 3 and the receivers need to be ready to make catches while getting hit.

I honestly wouldn't be shocked with any result, I just want to keep seeing positive steps from our key players.

CKND just announced Bombers have sold just under 26,000 seats as of 5pm today.

With hot weather looming - they should be able to grind out a nice walk up of 1000 to top out at 27,000

Still 6,000+ short of a sell-out but a step in the right direction, especially with a no-name team coming into town (other than 40 yr old Hank Burris)

Nice!

I bet the thursday games arn't helping. Sucks getting up (@5am) for work when your stuck in traffic and dont get home untill after 12

I agree.  A pretty big miscalculation on the Bombers part.  The cottage crap has always been way overstated.  People will do other things (on weekends) or nothing (on weekdays) if the Bombers make themselves a crappy option by fielding a poor team and having a terrible environment for their fans.  That's what really needs/needed to change, not the schedule.

I bet the thursday games arn't helping. Sucks getting up (@5am) for work when your stuck in traffic and dont get home untill after 12

I agree.  A pretty big miscalculation on the Bombers part.  The cottage crap has always been way overstated.  People will do other things (on weekends) or nothing (on weekdays) if the Bombers make themselves a crappy option by fielding a poor team and having a terrible environment for their fans.  That's what really needs/needed to change, not the schedule.

Especially with all the new post game activities. Friday nights would entice more people to come out the game a part take in some of those activities.

Nice some funny posts here - love it. KBF - don't drive sir ;) 

I agree that this game will be tougher than the Toronto game, Ottawa has had an extra week to prepare for the Bombers and have seen them play. If Hank is on he can win a game by himself. I think we'll frustrate him just enough, not with Defense though. I think Willy and Grigsby will keep the ball away from him like they did to Ray.................. 36 to 15 Wpg :) 

I'm actually starting to not like this beginning schedule very much.... In Mtl next week, then Edm at home in week 4.... being back in the West it woulda been nice to see how we fare against one of the big boys (Sask or Cgy) in week 2 or 3....

www.ubbullrun.com/2014/7/2/5856998/buffalo-bulls-cfl-winnipeg-blue-bombers-drew-willy

Ottawa at Winnipeg (Drew Willy)

• Last Week: Drew Willy was the shining star of the CFL last week, getting attention on both sides of the border as he led the Blue Bombers to a big win over preseason eastern division favorite Toronto.
  • This Week: The Blue bombers have a chance to start their season 2-0 for the first time in several years when they host Ottawa. The expansion Red Blacks are led by Henry Burris, a quarterback with 17 years of NFL and CFL experience. Last season Burris had an amazing year but he was released by Hamilton in favor of a younger Zach Collaros. Ottawa, who was reportedly looking at Willy in the expansion draft, snatched up Burris.
  • Expectation: I have been told that It's rare in the CFL to see a team put up 40+ points in two straight games and Ottawa did not look like an expansion team during the preseason. The RedBlacks have an experienced roster that won't play like a new team. Willy and the Bombers will still prevail but in a much narrow fashion: Winnipeg 31 - Ottawa 17

Further to that, the style of defense played by Ottawa should be a hell of a lot harder to make big plays and score TD's against than what we saw from Toronto (combined with inexperienced DB's), gonna be a lot of cover 3 and the receivers need to be ready to make catches while getting hit.

I honestly wouldn't be shocked with any result, I just want to keep seeing positive steps from our key players.

Thanks for the insight into their defensive scheme...

A team playing its first game worries me, because I expect them to come out as fired up as they'll be all year. 

That said, I love how prepared and disciplined O'Shea's Bombers were last week.  I don't think O'Shea is the type that tolerates complacency, and expect a really high compete level out of Winnipeg.  Think it'll be higher scoring because I don't think Ottawa's going to be able to play great defence with their poor NI situation. 

Bombers 36 - Roughrenegblacks 27

How's that for a prediction?  Shoulda bought a 50/50 ticket...

A team playing its first game worries me, because I expect them to come out as fired up as they'll be all year. 

That said, I love how prepared and disciplined O'Shea's Bombers were last week.  I don't think O'Shea is the type that tolerates complacency, and expect a really high compete level out of Winnipeg.  Think it'll be higher scoring because I don't think Ottawa's going to be able to play great defence with their poor NI situation. 

Bombers 36 - Roughrenegblacks 27

How's that for a prediction?  Shoulda bought a 50/50 ticket...

Dude you weren't even close.... ;)