Drew Willy named CFL offensive player of the week

FIrst I called it - not you Mr. P - I did lol (that's being said tongue in cheek btw)

Secondly, I see that it's our first QB player of the week since Buck Pierce in 2011 at home against the Eskimos (and he did it more with his legs then his arm - in fact Ole Buck never had a 300 yard game for us I don't believe). 

So for those that believe in the "willy", like me, a very promising start. 

Well deserved too Drew - you were the star of the week and in my own biased opinion Kelly should have been a runner up, along with BLM in Calgary. 

FIrst I called it - not you Mr. P - I did lol (that's being said tongue in cheek btw)

Secondly, I see that it's our first QB player of the week since Buck Pierce in 2011 at home against the Eskimos (and he did it more with his legs then his arm - in fact Ole Buck never had a 300 yard game for us I don't believe). 

So for those that believe in the "willy", like me, a very promising start. 

Well deserved too Drew - you were the star of the week and in my own biased opinion Kelly should have been a runner up, along with BLM in Calgary. 

There's a lot of room for members in the Drew Willy fan club. I'll just reserve my role as founder/president.

Joey Elliott had two offensive POTW's in 2012. How quickly we forget...

And I'm sure Buck had a 300+ yard game for us at some point...

yeah, what's wrong with the bombers anyway (I read that on my bomber app obviously they forgot too

Buck had 366 in his second game with us in 2010.

Was that his only one? I can't recall any he had - good one Rebus

Joey Elliott had two offensive POTW's in 2012. How quickly we forget...

And I'm sure Buck had a 300+ yard game for us at some point...

yeah, what's wrong with the bombers anyway (I read that on my bomber app obviously they forgot too

Buck had 366 in his second game with us in 2010.

Was that his only one? I can't recall any he had - good one Rebus

He had a  300+ yard game Against the Argos in 2011.  That was the game where Kuale nailed him

Are we planning the parade yet ?

Honestly how quickly people forget that players good and bad have won the POTW honors, one game does not a season nor career make.

Are we planning the parade yet ?

Honestly how quickly people forget that players good and bad have won the POTW honors, one game does not a season nor career make.

I think people are excited because he looked good in pre season and even better in reg season.

Well said. As fun and exciting as last week was, there will undoubtedly be some rough patches throughout the season and people need to keep that in perspective just like the happy times. Various people and/or aspects of the team will struggle at different points throughout the season. Willy is not immune to that. Hopefully people will be able to look at the big picture when that time comes.

We are already a third of the way to our win total of last season. After that abomination of a season this game was chicken soup for the soul. I don't expect every game to go like that and think this team may have a lot more similarities to the 2010 club by the end of the season, but this week's game has already provided me with more quality entertainment and excitement than the entire 2013 season.