Bombers Sign OL Gord Hinse

Atomic

I would prefer to get Peach over Hinse based on potential alone, but Hinse is exactly the type of signing we need to make. Experienced offensive linemen with the right passport.

Any news about OL Scott Mitchell ? A former 1st overall can't be that bad. How bad is his knee injury ? Maybe we should sign and 6-game him too ?

I would prefer to get Peach over Hinse based on potential alone, but Hinse is exactly the type of signing we need to make. Experienced offensive linemen with the right passport.

Any news about OL Scott Mitchell ? A former 1st overall can't be that bad. How bad is his knee injury ? Maybe we should sign and 6-game him too ?

I don't think he can even pass a physical.

There are degrees of healthy. Hinse is probably healthy enough to pass a physical to be on a roster, just not to play. Mitchell is not, same with Jamel Richardson.

I don't think he can even pass a physical.

There are degrees of healthy. Hinse is probably healthy enough to pass a physical to be on a roster, just not to play. Mitchell is not, same with Jamel Richardson.

If I'm Walters I'll still scoop (or trade for) OL Peach then we have the depth needed to start 4 Nationals on the OL.

Nice, now find one for the other line.

If we can start 4 Natl on the OL, we can start 4 Intl on the DL (Anderson instead of Thomas) and we can add 1 more Intl DL as DI. 

I think that would be an upgrade already.  

Although the trade-off would be, Knapp will sit.

If we can start 4 Natl on the OL, we can start 4 Intl on the DL (Anderson instead of Thomas) and we can add 1 more Intl DL as DI. 

Better still to start 5 on the lines freeing up more spots for I at the skill positions.

Interesting pickup. A move towards eventually having a 4 National OL this season?

The answer remains, as always, do the coaches think any of the guys we have can be trusted at tackle.  I kinda doubt it, but we still need him.  We're starved for depth there even if we only start 3.  We have a guy with 0 minutes played so far in his career (Goossen), an injured guy (Swiston), and a DL conversion project (Everett).  Needed to be done.

Big splash signing, leaving with hardly a ripple. I wonder if his ego wouldn't allow him to play in less than the NFL, or he thought he had a better offer pending.

What?

Que?

Better still to start 5 on the lines freeing up more spots for I at the skill positions.

The value of having an extra "skilled" receiver might be lower than you think.  When Willy is on the IR.

I'm okay with this signing, he's pretty busted up but still late 20s.  This is similar to the Parenteau signing - could work or he could be done.

You are just okay with this signing but Romby Bryant come on down?

Bryant has accomplished far more in his CFL career than Hinse likely ever will